No announcement yet.

Cricketing Timewaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Champion of online timewasters. Or coot, for short.

Comment

We need to get an emoji for that.

Just like GOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
        Your players were probably all worrying about who is next to be sold on (for a nice profit).
        Ah yes - I binned my two most costly players, who were, to be fair, decent batsmen. Looking to develop Baptists 2.0

Comment

Well Saturday's Welsh classic was a bit of an upset according the to match ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
            Plenty of OTF Bash t20 action this afternoon/evening/tomorrow morning. The Casuals face a tough trip to Wellworth. Both have won their opening two matches but I’m pretty sure Wellworth have a decent edge.
            “Decent” may have been an understatement.

Comment

I've put offers in on about 20 players today. Didn't win one of them. Probably for the best given our bank balance...

Comment

The transfer market is a nightmare.

Sits It didn't feel that one sided from the home dressing room, but maybe I pay too much attention to RR v RRR. It always looks close right up until the point it doesn't.

We've got five games starting at five different times tonight/tomorrow.

Croesoswallt Dragons v Kakanui Casuals @ 2300 With the pitch heavily favouring spinners do you drop a good seamer for a average spinner?
                The Zeugma Ferrets v Bagillt Baptists @ 0630 Another spinners pitch here.
                Nuhiu Rules v Wellworth @ 1300 With a green pitch and humid weather, looks good for seamers
                Georgetown Runners v The Csiki Nurdles @ 1600 Another green, seam friendly pitch
                Fuzzy Ducks v Village Flowers @ 1700 Rounding off the weekend we have another spinners paradise.

Comment

I've now got enough money in my bank account to upgrade the youth academy, I'm being cautious and waiting until Monday to see what state my finances are in.

I know it's a long way off but how long is the close season and how much of a hit will we take on gate receipts? I'm wondering how much I'll need in reserve.

In the Senior One Day League I'm up against one of the other human managers in a winner takes all clash next Friday. I looked at their side by ranking their players and thought I've got a chance, then realised it was worst to best. Hopefully I'll give them a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                    The transfer market is a nightmare.

Sits It didn't feel that one sided from the home dressing room, but maybe I pay too much attention to RR v RRR. It always looks close right up until the point it doesn't.

We've got five games starting at five different times tonight/tomorrow.

Croesoswallt Dragons v Kakanui Casuals @ 2300 With the pitch heavily favouring spinners do you drop a good seamer for a average spinner?
                    The Zeugma Ferrets v Bagillt Baptists @ 0630 Another spinners pitch here.
                    Nuhiu Rules v Wellworth @ 1300 With a green pitch and humid weather, looks good for seamers
                    Georgetown Runners v The Csiki Nurdles @ 1600 Another green, seam friendly pitch
                    Fuzzy Ducks v Village Flowers @ 1700 Rounding off the weekend we have another spinners paradise.
                    Thanks for the preview Levin, I'm hoping my spinners can do something. Should be interesting now that Vicarious Thrillseeker has sold some players.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

I know it's a long way off but how long is the close season and how much of a hit will we take on gate receipts? I'm wondering how much I'll need in reserve.
                      Close season lasts a week. You'll get paid prize money in that week which from my limited experience more than covers for the absence of any gate receipts.

Warmed up for Levin's visit by my captain making 236 not in the thrashing of a bot. Expect the entire team will fail to make that score tomorrow.

Comment

Levin seconding the thanks for your preview. I have indeed dropped a seamer for an average spinner. Unfortunately he’s my only spinner, and with the Dragons bowling we are already up against it, 58-3 after 15 with the run rate under 4.

The dropped seamer is in fact the gun veteran Sanders, who is now on the market to get his $20k off the payroll. I’m going all in on youths, having brought in some more 16/17 yos. Once Sanders goes I will upgrade the youth academy and start playing a very long game. First team results will tail off further from here.

Comment

We're currently getting taught a cricketing lesson by the Baptists, it's grim but thankfully it's nearly over now.

Comment

I was on a bit of a bad run, so happy to get a win.

Managed to sell my two oldest players and replaced with a 22- and 26-year old, saved 10k a week on wages as well. Still looking for one more bowler.

Comment

The Otf league has been a bit short of tight matches so far, with the exception of the game between Antepli and longeared.

Comment

I'm getting quite into the Wellworth v Nuhiu game at the moment. It should be all over, but a couple of quick wickets and the cat's in the fire.

Comment

Apropos little else, Pebble's senior squad looks good. Did you have to offload those who didn't make it relatively soon?

Comment

A lot of it depends on the make up of your senior team at the time a youth gets promoted. For example, one of my first choice batsmen is now 31, and I'll offload him at the end of the season. One of the 23/24 year olds who are currently playing just the odd game here and there as stamina-related subs will take his place, so there'll be an opening for whoever I decide is the best of my youth batsmen to be retained. He'll hardly start at all for a few seasons, but should get up to "outstanding" in a while, and then I'll consider him.

Conversely, I'll have a good spinner coming through in a year, but the seniors already have enough of those of the right age, so once his time in the youths is done, he'll be on his bike.

Comment

I've upgraded my youth academy, both academies are now satisfactory. I've also sacked some of the dead wood from the youth academy and put some up for sale. Two speculative bids are also in for two 20 year old accomplished batsmen, I'm not hopeful of recruiting them but we'll see.

Comment

With your weekly youth recruits, if they are behind the curve when they hit the squad (sort of like X11), should you bin straight away, or wait and see?

Comment

If they're less than ord/ave or ave/ord (batting/tech or bowling/tech) then they're gone in 60 seconds. Unless I'm short of players, or they've got a relevany special skill (I always get them the wrong way round - a potential batsman will have "New Ball Bowler" talent - well, that's sod all use to me as I'm never going to let him bowl a ball in his life).

Please remember that I'm not actually any good at this game, I've just been doing it longer.

Comment

Currently in our game Bugge is bowling to Squires, which is a great name pairing if your a fan of bit-part names in Discworld

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                                              The Otf league has been a bit short of tight matches so far, with the exception of the game between Antepli and longeared.
                                              There's one taking place now - Csiki wanting 17 from their last wicket partnership with a recognised batsman still there, and overs not an issue.

Comment

Next round should have some tight matches as 1st plays 2nd, 4th plays 5th, 6th plays 7th and 9th plays 10th.

Comment

ad hoc Viktor Boskovic don't forget your T20 match is tonight!

1v2, 3v4 & 5v6 in pool A while pool B has 2v3 & 4v5

I got a rubbish youth recruit this week. 14k rating. Not that I've had anyone who has made we go 'wow'

Comment

Thanks for that. I had forgotten

Comment

Working...
                                                    X