No announcement yet.

Cricketing Timewaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Esmond finishes it off, 4,6,6. Just to rub salt in the wounds. I thought we'd be competitive but that was a real surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
      309/7 from 50 overs for the Ferrets. I'm hoping Hutchinson on a green pitch does some damage early on.

The Dragons look to be coasting to victory over the Baptists.
      7 wicket win - we were never in it. Well played Etienne!

Comment

3 wickets in an over from Dolling puts us firmly in control now.

After seeing the Dragons win I'm feeling slightly better about how my side performed against them. It's still very early days for all of our sides though, and it's a long old season ahead.

Comment

jdsx’s Ducks’ thumping win over the Casuals has made it clear to me that we’re not as good as I thought we were. But I’m not going to panic and throw more cash at the seniors. I’ll keep plugging away with the ones I have and should do OK this season in the official comps. Focus will be on youth, where most of the Academy are at the younger end. They are nearly all crap but have “gifts” I can concentrate on developing and have been bought/retained with that in mind. 32-year-old star bowler Wade Sanders, “Spectacular” in a number of skills but $20k a week, will probably have to go before long for the greater good.

Comment

Fortunately I've been out so missed the Flowers crushing us, but we'll take the positives from that performance and dust ourselves down and we go again, Clive.

Comment

The all rounder I was after went for 75k in the middle of the night, I'm left with no additions to my squad but hoping to save more than 20k on Bateman's wages. In a month that'll pay for an academy upgrade.

Comment

Apologies to all, but 20/20 killed my interest in this just as it did with real cricket.

Comment

No problem delicatemoth, hope you're OK as we've not seen you around for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
                    Apologies to all, but 20/20 killed my interest in this just as it did with real cricket.
                    Thanks dm, look after yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                      My senior team won by 438 runs yesterday and it wasn't even the biggest win in the division
                      Yeah - that kind of disparity is sort of hampering my fun a little.

Comment

I think that that will happen less next season as we all get promoted, though those swapping leagues might have to wait another season.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                          I think that that will happen less next season as we all get promoted, though those swapping leagues might have to wait another season.
                          Do you know how the leagues work? Is it a pyramid or a ladder?

Comment

I like the walkovers as I'm trying to develop teenagers. Also being able to rotate players helps. At least if we can get promoted in the meantime, that's one thing left to think about too hard.

Comment

Thank you, I'm OK!

Comment

Currently there's a mini bidding war on for Richie Bateman, now at 12k. 23k heading off my wage bill too.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                  Currently there's a mini bidding war on for Richie Bateman, now at 12k. 23k heading off my wage bill too.
                                  Nearly $30K, AE. Result! (Even if you won't get all of it as he hasn't been there very long...) And you got him off your books before the wages go out. Genius!

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post

Nearly $30K, AE. Result! (Even if you won't get all of it as he hasn't been there very long...) And you got him off your books before the wages go out. Genius!
                                    Nearly 19k for him, bought for 1k, but the wages have been paid this week unless I get a rebate. Still it's a big saving.

Comment

Ah I forgot, my wages go out at 1700 UK time, but that's because I play in Canada!

Comment

Plenty of OTF Bash t20 action this afternoon/evening/tomorrow morning. The Casuals face a tough trip to Wellworth. Both have won their opening two matches but I’m pretty sure Wellworth have a decent edge.

Comment

I assume that fans don't care about friendlies since mine have recently become joyful. If they had any interest in the OTF leagues they'd be decidedly unjoyful

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                            I assume that fans don't care about friendlies since mine have recently become joyful. If they had any interest in the OTF leagues they'd be decidedly unjoyful
                                            I don't think friendlies count towards the supporters' mood. Mine have recently become 'buoyant' apparently...

Comment

My 701 fans are joyful.

Comment

Everyone is being very polite about me getting a severe shoeing from the Dragons in the T20 earlier today. Thanks for not mentioning it.....

Comment

Your players were probably all worrying about who is next to be sold on (for a nice profit).

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post
                                                    Everyone is being very polite about me getting a severe shoeing from the Dragons in the T20 earlier today. Thanks for not mentioning it.....
                                                    We try not to mention it when Etienne wins again.....;-)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X