No announcement yet.

Cricketing Timewaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting for my team to be assigned now, which countries have the OTFers chosen?

Would it be worth changing to a certain country?

When I signed up England and Australia weren't options of which league to join.

Comment

https://www.fromthepavilion.org/teammove.htm

Bloody hell, that was a bugger to find

Comment

I think they may have made it more difficult, because I found it before. But the deadline was yesterday, so it looks like everyone is stuck where they are for the next season.

Comment

I registered, clicked my activation email and got the message telling me that I'd be assigned a team in about a minute...about an hour ago. There doesn't appear to be any way to contact anyone to ask about this

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
            I registered, clicked my activation email and got the message telling me that I'd be assigned a team in about a minute...about an hour ago. There doesn't appear to be any way to contact anyone to ask about this
            I'm in a similar position, been waiting for a few hours and every time I try to login I get a message saying wait for the email.

Comment

I wonder if there's a bit of a delay because of existing teams switching leagues and so on.

Comment

Still no email. Hmmm.

Comment

It worked last night cos that's when I signed up. Must be something up at their end.

So, was my first match against a bot? Runners won by 373 runs, with the top 3 all making their 100s. I like the detailed commentary. Don't think I've paid that much attention to a limited overs game since the 1999 World Cup.

Comment

OK I’ve applied to launch Kakanui Casuals in the New Zealand League, and await my email.

Not promising any more for now!

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                      Still no email. Hmmm.
                      And still no email.

Comment

I think something must have gone wrong. If your email hasn't gone to a spam folder or something (which I assume you have checked) then I'd be tempted to try and create a team using an alternative email address if you have one.

Comment

Still none for me either. I tried to log in and it didn;t recognise my user name password combo and suggested I ask for a new activation email. Got another one of those, but still no team

Comment

They did the processing for the season change last night and something evidently went awry there as a message on the front screen says that one of the competitions has to be redrawn. I also note that a couple of transfers that I expected to finish today have been extended into tomorrow. You can also see a list of new managers via the Stats Centre and the newest one globally is delicatemoth of this parish on Thursday. So I guess they're going to sort out the issues before new teams come into the game. I get the sense that assigning teams is a manual process, presumably to weed out duplicates and bots.

Comment

Not to rub people's noses in it but I played my first inter OTF friendly yesterday with Pebble. It's the closest game I've played so far in my week or so of the game. I tipped the scales in my favour with the pitch and also challenged Pebble's affiliate team rather than his main one. Nevertheless I was pleased with my win, my pace attack did better than I expected in keeping the score down and then a solid 92 from Raza batting put me in the box seat. I got worried when the flower men got to my tail but they hung on and got my guys across the line.

Comment

Whereas I’m rapidly tiring of the game, and I’ve not started play it yet.

Comment

I'm still waiting for the chance to be tired of it

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                    Whereas I’m rapidly tiring of the game, and I’ve not started play it yet.
                                    I'm getting close to that feeling, still waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                      Not to rub people's noses in it but I played my first inter OTF friendly yesterday with Pebble. It's the closest game I've played so far in my week or so of the game. I tipped the scales in my favour with the pitch and also challenged Pebble's affiliate team rather than his main one. Nevertheless I was pleased with my win, my pace attack did better than I expected in keeping the score down and then a solid 92 from Raza batting put me in the box seat. I got worried when the flower men got to my tail but they hung on and got my guys across the line.
                                      It was my affiliate's youth team, by the way. Was a good game though. My main team's youth lot lost in a similarly close match to Delicate Moth.

Comment

I've raised the registration delay in the Bugs forum.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                                          I've raised the registration delay in the Bugs forum.
                                          Thanks pebble

Comment

Seconded. And on reflection my grumpy comment was not constructive in these challenging times. They probably have COVID related issues at FTP headquarters.

Comment

Apparently there's always a delay in registrations (3-4 days) over the End of Season period, which was this weekend. So hopefully you'll be in soon. You'll have a quiet week before the new season starts next week, so a chance to bolster your squad (I'll guarantee it'll need it), and my teams, Village Flowers and Dorpsbloemen, are both available for anyone to challenge to a friendly.

Comment

I have a team! Alhamdulillah!

Seems like I played 4 games between trying to register and being allocated a team, which seems a bit rum (or is it just that i have taken over and renamed someone else's team?)

Comment

OK, yes, the team name was different in those games.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                                    a bit rum
                                                    That's a great old school expression! But one where the meaning of "rum" has been switched over the centuries:

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/307350.html

Comment

Working...
                                                    X