Cricketing Timewaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

I was getting greedy once we got over 200 thinking we might win by 10 wickets.

I noticed I've not got a fast bowler so had a look on the transfer market and Vicarious Thrillseeker had bids on two that I fancied so I did the honorable thing and walked away.
    Did you get him? The other one I was looking at (21, 37000 rating) was a bit too dear for me in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
      Oh, that’s better. Three wickets while I wrote that.
      10 wicket win - you is OK

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post

Did you get him? The other one I was looking at (21, 37000 rating) was a bit too dear for me in the end.
        I bought an Indian spinner and a West Indian fast bowler, clichéd I know. I missed out on a few others so not sure.

Comment

I was pleased to secure a quick in Lionel Antonowicz (AU) but he got pasted in his first OTF friendly.

Comment

The first round of the OTF championship starts tonight (all times BST)

Croesoswallt Dragons v Georgetown Runners at 23:00 Etienne v delicatemoth on
            Kakanui Casuals v The Csiki Nurdles at 23:00 Sits v ad hoc
            Bagillt Baptists v Nuhiu Rules at 06:00 tomorrow Vicarious Thrillseeker v longeared
            The Zeugma Ferrets v Fuzzy Ducks at 06:30 tomorrow Antepli Ejderha v jdsx
            Village Flowers v Wellworth at 11:00 tomorrow pebblethefish v Levin

Good luck everyone, don't forget to set your teams and do double check what the pitch is doing.

Comment

Thanks Levin really looking forward to this, I've forgotten to check the pitch and have chosen two spinners so might have to change that.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                The first round of the OTF championship starts tonight (all times BST)

Croesoswallt Dragons v Georgetown Runners at 23:00 Etienne v delicatemoth on
                Kakanui Casuals v The Csiki Nurdles at 23:00 Sits v ad hoc
                Bagillt Baptists v Nuhiu Rules at 06:00 tomorrow Vicarious Thrillseeker v longeared
                The Zeugma Ferrets v Fuzzy Ducks at 06:30 tomorrow Antepli Ejderha v jdsx
                Village Flowers v Wellworth at 11:00 tomorrow pebblethefish v Levin

Good luck everyone, don't forget to set your teams and do double check what the pitch is doing.
                Quality trailer Levin. Looking forward to losing to ad hoc.

Comment

It may be very sad, but there is a distinct possibility that I may get up around nine tomorrow morning, open four browser windows, then watch the four completed games from the start, adding my own links to each "And if I can just cut you off there Geoffrey, we're off to the Bagillt stadium where there's been another wicket!"

There's a reason I'm single...

Comment

My first team are playing a match in the West Indies at 4pm BST this afternoon and then flying straight off to New Zealand for this fixture with Kakanui at 11pm. None of them are particularly strong on endurance, which has to be a concern given that punishing schedule, Johnners.

Comment

We’ll be sure to save some cake for you, and maybe a nip of something in your cuppa.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                        maybe a nip of something in your cuppa.
                        Amphetamines?

Comment

I was thinking brandy, but if that floats your boat.

Comment

We rested almost our entire first team from our bot match last night to make sure they were fresh for facing Georgetown Runners. Like Sits, I was a bit apprehensive how my back up and youth players would do, but they crushed it. I know friendly matches don't affect fitness, but I don't know whether fitness affects performance in friendlies.

I've submitted a few bits of commentary, on of which came up almost immediately in one of my matches.

Comment

The manual says all friendlies are played at "rested" fatigue, so I'm assuming that means that there's no value in resting players today. I like the way the OTF matches are staggered based on where we are. It's like the World Cup.

Nonetheless I've looked at the Vicarious boys in anticipation of tomorrow's match. Eeeeek! Going to make a lot of changes anyway, no use in allowing some of today's players to get a right humping so I'll rotate them round a bit.

Youths had probably the worst 250 run win in history yesterday, so the entire franchise can lick their wounds on Sunday by playing Sits in a youth friendly for the Clayton Gaby - Bond Munroe Trophy.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                Nonetheless I've looked at the Vicarious boys in anticipation of tomorrow's match. Eeeeek! Going to make a lot of changes anyway, no use in allowing some of today's players to get a right humping so I'll rotate them round a bit.
                                We're on a gravy train train with biscuit wheels. Surely nothing can stop us now?

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                  the Clayton Gaby - Bond Munroe Trophy.
                                  I like that.

Have fun everyone.

Comment

Thanks longeared, that's very helpful.

Comment

My final warm up for OTF is a very tight game against the human managed favourite in my league. 27 overs in and I've 7 runs up on where they were with the same number of wickets gone. I don't think my tail has enough wag though if they get one or two more wickets.

Comment

Come on Levin

Comment

Well, 7 wickets for 19 runs is not the way to end a chase.

Comment

Hard luck Levin.

Meanwhile the captains are just walking out for their coin tosses at All Day Bay Oval and Croesoswallt Dragons CG.

Comment

Both hard pitches; high scores demanded. Hey, the Dragons have more fans than us!

Csiki Nurdles have just been woken up,with smelling salts and Red Bull as they struggle with their jet lag.

Comment

Casuals win the toss and will bat first, Nurdles to bowl.

Dragons win toss and put Georgetown Runners in first.

Comment

I was just coming on to mock the Casuals for their relative lack of fans, but perhaps it's just that the Runners have brought more traveling fans than the Nurdles.

Comment

Can’t believe how much fun this is.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X