No announcement yet.

Cricketing Timewaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Useful VT, challenge being to put theory into practice!

Comment

That must be for the top rated academy, like the Xpert Eleven paths. I wonder what training they do.

Comment

I've been trying to upgrade from the $1,000/2,000 standard to something like $10,000-15,000. So far, most of the ones I've been interested in have gone for about $50,000-75,000, so i'm clearly doing something wrong somewhere....

Comment

I've just bought a wrist spinner from Sits.

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post
            I've been trying to upgrade from the $1,000/2,000 standard to something like $10,000-15,000. So far, most of the ones I've been interested in have gone for about $50,000-75,000, so i'm clearly doing something wrong somewhere....
            What I did was put in a high opening bid which was also what I was willing to pay as a maximum, it seemed to put off other bidders and I'd get my player. 10-20k as an opening bid and then avoiding a bidding war in the auction style.

Comment

Are you using your auction agent?

I spend far more time than is wise thinking about how unrealistic these games economic models are. There is silly money around, like players going for $2M+

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post
                I've just bought a wrist spinner from Sits.
                I took an early dislike to poor Everard Sharman. He’s gone to a much better home.

Comment

I promise to give him his full allowance of overs when we play you.

Comment

I rotated my squad for today's 20/20 fixture and still won by 204 runs.

i think I may have the measure of the computer based opponents. Feel like I may not really be match ready to face Kakanui in the opening fixture of the OTF League

Comment

That's pretty much my thought ad hoc.

Comment

About the bot teams, not Kakanui I assume? Many OTF teams better than mine.

Comment

Etienne and I playing a youth friendly in just over an hour. I fear we’ll get trounced as the youngsters have had very little TLC so far.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the OTF friendlies the most, apart from pebblethefish we all started at similar times i think and have shared strategies about transfers.

I'll wait a while before tinkering with the batting and bowling options.

Comment

Sits, as I think I've mentioned before my youth T20 group is the only one where I am facing human opponents so a lot of my focus is on the youths at the moment, so I have that in my favour. But against that I'm using friendlies to try different players and strategies so you may be able to take advantage of that.

Comment

You beat us by 5 wickets I don’t think we disgraced ourselves. Very slow run rate though. At least bowler Albert Van Der Pluijm got 3-for and MotM. Little acorns for the pigs.

Comment

Away to the Fuzzy Ducks in a friendly today, they've just started to turn up the heat after taking a liking to my fifth bowler.

133/2 at drinks, quite even so far. I'm dropping in every five minutes or so.
                                  Last edited by Antepli Ejderha; 22-04-2020, 06:36.

Comment

Our innings were basically identical, Sits. Solid start, four quick wickets, then strong 5th wicket partnership. We just scored marginally faster throughout.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                      I'm looking forward to the OTF friendlies the most, apart from pebblethefish we all started at similar times i think and have shared strategies about transfers.

I'll wait a while before tinkering with the batting and bowling options.
                                      I'm not comfortable being the favourite. I'm also not used to it.

Comment

Away to the Fuzzy Ducks in a friendly today, they've just started to turn up the heat after taking a liking to my fifth bowler.

133/2 at drinks, quite even so far. I'm dropping in every five minutes or so.
                                        Well, 311 was never going to be enough on that pitch! I was fearing a 10-wicket defeat, especially when you were 260 without loss... but I'll take a 6 wicket defeat!

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post

Well, 311 was never going to be enough on that pitch! I was fearing a 10-wicket defeat, especially when you were 260 without loss... but I'll take a 6 wicket defeat!
                                          I was getting greedy once we got over 200 thinking we might win by 10 wickets.

I noticed I've not got a fast bowler so had a look on the transfer market and Vicarious Thrillseeker had bids on two that I fancied so I did the honorable thing and walked away.

Comment

I'm starting to think I might need some more variety in the OTF competitions as the pitches will be random. I've only got the one spinner.

Comment

I noticed I've not got a fast bowler so had a look on the transfer market and Vicarious Thrillseeker had bids on two that I fancied so I did the honorable thing and walked away.
                                              Please feel free - there is two days to go on both and I have a feeling they won't stay at $1000

Comment

The youth league that both DM and I are in, now has 6 human managers and promises to be a real competition. The Nurdles started very well today, reducing Camberwick Green to 89/6 until an unbroken 7th wicket stand of 107* meant that it was always likely to be a challenging target. Fortunately, we made it with 5 wickets and 3 overs to spare

(*sadly not put on by Windy Miller and Captain Snort)

DM, sadly, was not quite so fortunate, going down by 7 wickets to Liverpool Lightning

Comment

I may have been guilty of some complacency. Just started a 50-over against a bot team, and picked most of the makeweights with that in mind. The bots are racing off at over 6 an over...

Comment

Oh, that’s better. Three wickets while I wrote that.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X