Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt J's "Word Racing" timewaster/game for the stay-at-home COVID-19 days of 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baker loses soups

Comment

Llama curry spill

Comment

Fifty Zulus arise

Comment

Queen likes rugby

Comment

Matt, so grateful you started this thread. An oasis of total madness, which surely is exactly what we all need.

Comment

What Sits said (in preparation for a four letter version).

For this race:
              Light pippy whizz – a number one that is fairly pale, but with unusual dotting.

Comment

Jazzy pipes sound

Comment

Zebra liked honey

I don't have the first idea what is going on in this thread, but I'm enjoying it very much.

Comment

I wish I'd opened this thread days ago now. Every time I meant to though I got distracted by all the newsy threads racing ahead with all their posts to catch up with. Now I find I was missing the best actual racing on the boards. If it's OK matt I'll join in rather belatedly at the Race 4 mark...?

Lizzy edits wikis

Comment

Yacht bumps zebra.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew7610 View Post
                        Zebra liked honey

I don't have the first idea what is going on in this thread, but I'm enjoying it very much.
                        Me too. But no or little idea as to the so-called clues. It's just nice thinking up pithy three word phrases.

Comment

Built until blitz

Comment

Bonus lunar fucks

Comment

I feel bad that Matt can't take part himself in this madness. I hope he's enjoying the admin at least.

Equip tapir patio.

Comment

What Sits said. Thanks a bunch, Matt!

Comment

Buzzy booze loser

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
                                    I feel bad that Matt can't take part himself in this madness. I hope he's enjoying the admin at least.
                                    I enjoy being admin of the prediction competition, but the difference is I get to take part.
                                    Personally I don't think it's something you do if you don't enjoy it, but still thanks to Matt for his efforts.
                                    Speaking of the prediction competition, I'm beginning to miss it, and now there isn't going to be a Euro 2020 either. I have an idea to fill the boredom, though, which I'll put up in a day or two.
                                    Last edited by Sean of the Shed; 19-03-2020, 13:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                                      I wish I'd opened this thread days ago now. Every time I meant to though I got distracted by all the newsy threads racing ahead with all their posts to catch up with. Now I find I was missing the best actual racing on the boards. If it's OK matt I'll join in rather belatedly at the Race 4 mark...?

Lizzy edits wikis
                                      Of course, the Federation of Word (Oy! Action!) Racing welcomes your team's membership dues, annual fees, and unmarked manila envelopes stuffed with cash and toilet paper.

Comment

All entries, dodgy or straight-forward, approved as valid by the judge.

I make the entries for race 4 as 16 so far, missing: slackster , Diable Rouge, and Vicarious Thrillseeker , if my count is correct.

Comment

Lolly lulls Lilly

Comment

Give me an hour - just put my daughter on a plane out of Tanzania.

Comment

Brown stock cubes.

Comment

fuzzy logic bases.

Comment

And that's the whole assortment. New racers still welcome.

Based on what I'm currently thinking, we'll run Race 4 today, do a Race 5 tomorrow, and then I'll do a reset on the letter/score randomizer for next week Monday.

Comment

Results of Race #4:

A circuit run by whooshing combatants, fighting amongst, tripping lightly through woods untrod until now.

Nope, I'm not doing the whole report like that. Perec did that for a whole novel. In FRENCH for merde's sake! Bloody lunatic!

After the traditional roasting of pine nuts over a cedar wood soaked in 30-year old brandy, the race was underway!

... for everyone except Hot Orange, who in a sign of things to come for many racers on the day, had managed to put his propeller on backwards and immediately burst into action heading the wrong way down the circuit. It took the racer and his maintenance crew several minutes to fix the error, with lots of cursing, re-attaching of belay lines, and tire rotations.

Heading the other direction at haste through the first leg, at a pace unseen at any point until this, Race 4 of the season, were the caballeros of the sits. around the house, another team, and just behind that duo new racer well-known, recording superstar Various Artist.

VTS (aiming to return to his place of glory) also blitzed to an early impressive gallop, weaving this way and that while still managing to cause the K-pop fans with bad spelling to faint at the possibilities of another podium topping. Mmm, topping.

But the day was more about the unpredictable actions of the racer's engines and transmissions. After Hot Orange's troubles, andrew7160 found his patented 'forever run cyclo-rotor' switch into reverse and practically throw the pilot and the tailgunner out of the cockpit entirely. Next came nmrfox, hit with a double whammy of reverses, and then California brahims of San Bernardhinault. It was chaos and confusion the likes the racing world had not seen since literally the last race!

Into the second-leg of the circuit went the racers, with slowdowns coming first for Various Artist, then a foursome of black smoke and nuts and bolts falling and emanating from the contraptions of four more riders, included the bear pennant themselves, ursus arctos.

It seemed like the race could come down to which racers had paid attention to the pre-match festivities. "A VOID" indeed.

So which racers seemed in the running out of the 2nd leg and into the third? Well, Shed of the Sean of the Shed had avoided any reversals, and had put in a 2nd leg worthy of any of the previous race winners. Relatively new-kid Southport Zeb was in there too. Sits, around the house, and the horned racers of diable rouge in there too.

But one racer was well out in front, and accelerating fast. Undoubtedly, this racer would win, an infamous, glorious, spectacular victory worthy of the history books. The racer's team and it's name would live on in the mouths of the crowd for seasons to come! They all cheered "team that is winning: your name", "team that is winning: your name!".

In second place was diable rouge, third was lambers with an impressive hind and fore leg, and fourth was Shed of the Sean of the Shed.

Coming up in dreadful second-to-last place position, Mr. Inconsistency himself, andrew7160. What this will mean to the team's season championship hopes can best be described as "in a toilet, what you flush down". nmrfox never recovered from his early double reversal and finished third worst. And as for San Bernardhinault, we refuse to make fun of the deceased. RIP.

Let's give a cheer for the middle-of-the-packers, for without them a race would certainly not be a race full of winners and losers, but instead would be a race full of fewer losers. Hurray for Wouter D, elgaupo04, the refined dignity and ascots of delicatemoth's squadron, the shining bright "S" boilerplate of Kevin S. The 'too-cool-for-school'-ness of slackster. Sporting.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X