• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micronesia has reported its first case.

Comment

Crystal Staples , you're out.

Comment

(Sealand reported its first cases back in autumn btw - https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/18...ed-sealand-cp/)

Comment

Thanks for finding that Guy Profumo , I missed it.

Also, Sam , Saint Helena reported its first two cases recently (I've only just noticed).

​​​​​​​Will update the first page to reflect both these changes.

Comment

(you know it's a different Sealand? )

Comment

D'oh, that'll teach me not to read the linked article. Will amend the first post again.

Comment

A surprising number of posters are still in the running to win this competition:

ursus arctos : Tristan da Cunha

longeared : North Korea
                lambers : Nauru
                tee rex : Tokelau
                ​​​​​​@Greenlander : Pitcairn Islands
                delicatemoth : Ascension Island
                Sean of the Shed : Kiribati
                Various Artist : the Cook Islands
                Antepli Ejderha : Tonga
                Stobart : Tuvalu

Comment

Nobody chose Turkmenistan which is also still in the running but very much in the North Korean dictator realm of "we shall never admit we have any cases".

Comment

Sean of the Shed is winning the country highest population without a case (that’s not lying), at the moment. Longeared winning if we include the liars.

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
                      Thanks for finding that Guy Profumo , I missed it.

Also, Sam , Saint Helena reported its first two cases recently (I've only just noticed).

​​​​​​​Will update the first page to reflect both these changes.
                      Oh FUCK IT. *Tears up betting slip*

Comment

Travel and tourism is now returning to the Cook Islands. The risk of Covid arriving is slim at this stage, but neither NZ nor Australia are guaranteed virus-free, and that's where the tourists will be from.

Comment

Bugger. I shall enumerate no poultry just yet, then.

Comment

One of the countries on the UK green travel list is Tristan da Cunha... ursus arctos better hope the hoardes who can't go to France or Spain don't think it's a viable alternative.
                            Last edited by Balderdasha; 09-05-2021, 16:47.

Comment

I wonder if they had any say in that

The weather may help me out

Comment

I think the fact that the only way of getting there involves a week on a boat probably works as an effective quarantine situation

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                  I think the fact that the only way of getting there involves a week on a boat probably works as an effective quarantine situation
                                  This was exactly my thinking for St Helena.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post

This was exactly my thinking for St Helena.
                                    I think you can fly to St Helena and Ascension Island now, can't you?
                                    Last edited by Capybara; 10-05-2021, 09:40.

Comment

Once a month

https://www.ascension.gov.ac/travel-.../travel-by-air

Comment

Everyone on Tristan da Cunha has asthma* , so infecting them with Covid would be even riskier than normal.

Not joking, it's a product of close family relationships on the island.

Comment

Quote from Patrick Thistle on the main Covid-19 thread:

"Nauru is the first country to have vaccinated it's entire population (n=12000). It has had zero cases but still has a Coronavirus task orce."

I believe that is meant to be a task force, not task orcs, though maybe they would also be effective.

Anyway, things are looking quite promising for lambers

Comment

Balderdasha I'm leaving that typo. Task orcs F.T.Dubs.

Comment

Obviously that's why I plumped for Nauru, their Orcs have the best virus prevention programmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                                                I think you can fly to St Helena and Ascension Island now, can't you?
                                                You can, yes, but I didn't know (or possibly had forgotten) that when I made my prediction. If I remember rightly I'd watched a YouTube video (or an old TV doc uploaded to YouTube) a few days before about how poorly connected it was that must have been made before the airport opened.

Even after I found out about the airport I remained reasonably confident, though, because it's not exactly Heathrow in terms of passenger numbers.

Comment

I don't know if this counts as "official" yet, but the Cook Islands has had a case:

https://www.rnz.co.nz/international/...-covid-19-case

Comment

Palau had one yesterday:

https://www.msn.com/en-za/travel/new...ses/ar-AANz8AC

Comment

Working...
                                                    X