No announcement yet.

Last Covid-19-free country / territory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I'd do a little update on how countries that people chose are doing now. Those still in the game are listed in the first post. This is how the losers are faring.
    ​​​​

Losers (in order of exiting):

1st: Amor de Cosmos: Venezuela. 31,381 cases. 266 deaths.

2nd: Vicarious Thrillseeker: Tanzania. 509 cases. 21 deaths.

3rd: fatbear: Greenland. 14 cases, all recovered. Zero deaths.

4th: CY_Boaby: Chad. 951 cases. 76 deaths.

5th: Balderdasha: Madagascar. 13,724 cases. 166 deaths.

6th: Auntie Beryl: Turks and Caicos Islands. 274 cases. 2 deaths.

7th: Bordeaux Education: Easter Island. 5 cases. All recovered. Zero deaths.

8th: Etienne: Las Malvinas / Falkland Islands. 13 cases. All recovered. Zero deaths.

9th: Sporting: South Sudan. 2,482 cases. 47 deaths.

10th: G-man: Lesotho. 884 cases. 25 deaths.

Late or joke losers:

1st: tee rex: Dahomey / Benin (joke entry). Benin has 2,014 cases. 38 deaths.

2nd: Diable Rouge: Isle of Man (late entry). 336 cases. 24 deaths.

3rd: elguapo4: Laos (late entry). 22 cases. Zero deaths.

4th: Amor de Cosmos: Saint Pierre et Miquelon (late entry). 4 cases. Zero deaths.

5th: Amor de Cosmos: Canada's Northern territories, Yukon, NWT and Nunavut (not a joke, but also not a country). Not sure where to find this information.

So in terms of an entry which now has the most deaths, Amor de Cosmos is the biggest loser. In terms of an entry that now has the most confirmed cases, I am the biggest loser.
    ​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
      I am the biggest loser.

Comment

Mum... mum... MUM! Balders called me the biggest loser. She did, she did! Honest she DID!

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
          5th: Amor de Cosmos: Canada's Northern territories, Yukon, NWT and Nunavut (not a joke, but also not a country). Not sure where to find this information.
          Scroll down to the map of Canada:

COVID-19′s rapid spread has put public-health agencies under pressure to save lives. Check back for daily updates on how the numbers are trending across the country and around the world

Comment

Indian Andamans announce first case -

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/events/1298885512963346437

Comment

A case has been confirmed in the Solomon Islands.

Comment

It's a student who was repatriated from the Philippines this week. He had three negative Covid-19 tests before boarding a plane, and then tested positive on arrival in the Solomon Islands.

Comment

Wallis and Futuna has just declared its first case. Sorry San Bernardhinault

You had a good run!

Comment

The first case in Wallis and Futuna is a passenger from France. Locals have responded angrily by blocking the airport.

Comment

Interesting article about how Easter Island prevented its few cases from spreading and how the community has been using the pandemic to create a more sustainable future: http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/2020...bbc.com%2Fnews

Comment

The Marshall Islands has reported its first two cases. You're out Diable Rouge

Comment

I’m reliably told Antarctica doesn’t have it, but this is really fucking up a lot of researchers projects because they can’t get there.

Comment

Rock and a hard place for those administering the facilities.

An outbreak would be disastrous.

Comment

Yeah, pretty much. I suppose they could somehow have everyone get tested at home. Quarantine in New Zealand. Test again and then come in. But I don’t know if New Zealand wants to deal with that.

Comment

https://twitter.com/CBCAlerts/status/1324777466779652098

Comment

Calling hobbes

Vanuatu has reported its first case.

Comment

It's a man who recently returned from the USA. He is still in quarantine so hopefully won't have infected others: https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2...turned-from-us

Comment

A recount controversy: Samoa (Wouter D) may have joined the losers' list ... or not? Awaiting judge's verdict.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...-followup-exam

Comment

Nailbiting stuff...

Meanwhile, happy for Samoa that it (most likely) turned out to be a false alarm.

Comment

Worldometer is currently reporting that one case in Samoa, but given the controversy, I will hold off from adding Wouter D to the losers list, for now.

Comment

Samoa is definitively no longer Covid-free.

Comment

First post updated accordingly.

Comment

And Antarctica bites the dust -

Confirmed cases at O'Higgins base

https://twitter.com/AntarcticReport/...22201849425921

Comment

Good spot. I'll update the first post.

Comment

Hot Pepsi chose Antarctica.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X