• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mozambique has entered the room.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
      Mozambique has entered the room.
      Thanks. With the kids at home full-time now, I might be slightly slower with updates!

Comment

Last update tonight - Dominica, Grenada, and Syria.

Comment

Last update tonight - Dominica, Grenada, and Syria.
          Thanks. I'll update the first page.

Comment

And now Turks & Caicos........

Comment

Alas for Auntie Beryl !

Comment

Originally posted by fatbear View Post
                And now Turks & Caicos........
                Good spot, thanks. First page updated.

Comment

I simply don't believe that Myanmar and North Korea ( they're being hidden) don't have any cases and I'm also doubtful that my choice (South Sudan) is free, in this case due to infrastructure difficulties of recording health issues/fatalities/the reporting thereof.

Comment

And like that, Belize and Myanmar have just joined us.

Comment

Would anyone be interested in a secondary competition to this one, to predict the final number of countries / territories that will be on the list? No-one seems to agree how many countries there are in the world (see image). At 195 confirmed countries we've just hit the total number of sovereign states, but there are clearly more territories than that.

Comment

And Yukon reports two cases. Leaving Nunavut as the only Canadian province/territory that's Covid-19 free.

Comment

Alas for Auntie Beryl !
                          It's not the winning, it's the taking part.

Comment

Laos is in the house.

Comment

Laos is in the house.
                              Sorry, elguapo4

Comment

I thought North Korea had had a case and they shot him? ...or was that a joke that I fell for.

Comment

Libya sneaked in last night while I was sleeping.

Comment

The site I'm checking has stopped listing Guam, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands as separate territories. I assume they've been conflated with the figures of their 'parent' country (I can't think what the actual term for that is). Am I right that these are all US territories?

I'm going to keep them on my list.

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
                                      The site I'm checking has stopped listing Guam, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands as separate territories. I assume they've been conflated with the figures of their 'parent' country (I can't think what the actual term for that is). Am I right that these are all US territories?

I'm going to keep them on my list.
                                      Yes, which is odd, given they still list every French DOM-TOM individually! Guinea-Bissau and Mali have been ticked off the list this morning, so only 25 countries and 19 autonomous territories remain.

Comment

The US dependencies can all be categorised as unincorporated territories, though their individual form varies. Puerto Rico, for instance, is a commonwealth.

The DOM-TOM are no more

Following a relatively recent administrative reform, France now has DROM (départements et régions d’outre-mer) and COM (collectivités d'outre-mer). The DROM are Guadeloupe, Martinique, Mayotte, Réunion and Guyane (French Guiana). The others are all COM.

Comment

Well... the French Southern and Antarctic Lands are still a TOM, but they have no permanent population so aren't relevant to this discussion.

Comment

From the Ministry

Les Terres australes et antarctiques françaises (TAAF), collectivité d’Outre-mer créée en 1955, administre cinq districts composés de l’archipel de Crozet, de l’archipel de Kerguelen, des îles Saint-Paul et Amsterdam, de la Terre Adélie sur le continent antarctique, et des îles Éparses depuis 2007 (Europa, Glorieuses, Juan de Nova, Bassas da India et Tromelin).
                                            Territoires d'outre mer is still sometimes used as a catch all for all of them, but not a legal status.

Comment

Wikipedia seems to be wrong, then. Which means that maybe nothing is true any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                                                I thought North Korea had had a case and they shot him? ...or was that a joke that I fell for.
                                                Haven't seen anything official stating that.

Comment

Yes, which is odd, given they still list every French DOM-TOM individually! Guinea-Bissau and Mali have been ticked off the list this morning, so only 25 countries and 19 autonomous territories remain.
                                                  Added Guinea-Bissau and Mali to the first page.

Comment

Based on Diable's link above, presumably the mainland African nations are all going to join the list eventually, and it would be amazing if the Caribbean islands escaped (bloody cruise ships, infecting like Columbus).

Pacific islands are the last best hope.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X