Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online cycling and/or baseball manager type timewasters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reasons to be cheerful: Fred Stephansen is back with a 2nd place, my Rwandan trainee has tipped over 200 climbing as I type and the ancient Bermudan spinter makes his Locknuts debut tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
      Reasons to be cheerful: Fred Stephansen is back with a 2nd place, my Rwandan trainee has tipped over 200 climbing as I type and the ancient Bermudan spinter makes his Locknuts debut tomorrow.
      And Kilby Proper was led out by the hotchpotch train to a 5th place. We sprint!

Comment

My big shock moment this week was discovering Crumley still had training camps available. He's 33, but there was no way I wasn't going to max out HL.

Now I have to decide if he gets TT training camps and TT center after top form reset.

Comment

Do it in honour of Davide Rebellin and use him till he’s 50.

Comment

I made the mistake of clicking on the "Ban N*z* Teams" thread in the game forum. Some shocking whataboutery and Fedor B is downright scary.

Avoid, just depressing.

Comment

That's lovely that they all had a nice ride together and finished at the same time. Doesn't get me any points though does it?

Comment

I made the mistake of clicking on the "Ban N*z* Teams" thread in the game forum. Some shocking whataboutery and Fedor B is downright scary.

Avoid, just depressing.
                Well shit. That puts my annoyance at myself for forgetting another WT race in perspective, there's a right dodgy pair on there.

Comment

Building up for the Minutemen and I think I may not get Stephansen into TF in time. It's just too hard to get right.

After this tour I think we will just revert to a one-day team, relax and enjoy it.

Comment

re: the 'thread', it sucks when the reality of an online community is revealed.

We're just winging it this season. No real goals or targets, just proceeding with business as usual.

Comment

In for the Minutemen.

Comment

I find myself in a position where I'm perfectly placed to use my wildcard for Kangaroo Tour - no points going away until that begins, but my dilemma is that I'd rather do the Netherlands Tour later in the season (but have to be ranked about 12 places higher).

Yet.... I have a massive slew of points from last years Kangaroo Tour that I won't able to match this season... unless I do the Kangaroo Tour again.

So I have to tank a few races to ensure no movement in the rankings, hope I have a good run in 'other' single-day races and Kangaroo Tour GC, and then hope that's enough to push me up for Netherlands.

Dumb, but my only reasonable option I think.

Comment

Those are the vagaries, the higher you climb I guess. I’m fortunate that D4 is enormous.

Comment

I’ve just nabbed the most amazing Lithuanian guy off Free Hire List #11.

Looks like my dabbling in sprinting may last a little longer.

Comment

Another win for IoM! More time trials on the WT please.

Comment

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
                                Another win for IoM! More time trials on the WT please.
                                Yeah!

Comment

Stephansen hasn’t made TF for the Minutemen. Niedziela has, however which my calculations tell me gives him the edge, so we will support him instead.

Comment

Tormod Huse finished 3rd in a Div 2.1 race. I don't even know how I managed to enter it, we haven't reached that level at any point!

Comment

Nice work dm! I believe if you're on a divisional cusp you get some race access from across the divide.

Comment

Yup, there are those "1.2", or "2.1" and "2.2" races that bleed across division lines.

Fox River putting two relatively strong teams in the day 59 tours. Mohler to TF for Kangaroo Tour. Okereke to try and steal points in Valpa.

I'm going to hope for getting a spot in the U23 tour, and maybe, maybe, if all goes right, we'll get to the Netherlands this season.

Comment

Stephansen hasn’t made TF for the Minutemen. Niedziela has, however which my calculations tell me gives him the edge, so we will support him instead.
                                          And he’s done well after five of the six stages. C’mon Dan!

Comment

Get in.

Comment

nice!

Comment

He got one more win overnight before his TF ends; his DP is now 59.

We’ve snuck into Div3 but I don’t expect to be there long.

Comment

Valpa and Kangaroo start tomorrow. More activity than I've had in weeks.

Comment

Meh tours, though decent money and top 9s. It won't have been enough for me to get in the top 75, which is where I need to be for Netherlands Tour - Some massive 300 points up the Division 2 ladder.

And not enough of a drop to get into the Division 3 tour. Ugh.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X