Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online cycling and/or baseball manager type timewasters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A breakaway win! Romeo Nanu wins a CB race with 29 CB. D.5

Comment

Originally posted by Gregario View Post
      A breakaway win! Romeo Nanu wins a CB race with 29 CB. D.5
      I saw that on the thread! Solid work. When did you change your user name btw?

Comment

Some unexpected bonus points.

I changed to Gregario yesterday. With the news that Snake's latest patches allow us to update display names I'm taking the opportunity to find something new. I'm not as attached to Konstantin Levin as I was when I picked it. I may go through a few names until I settle on one I feel comfortable with.

Comment

Some unexpected bonus points.

I changed to Gregario yesterday. With the news that Snake's latest patches allow us to update display names I'm taking the opportunity to find something new. I'm not as attached to Konstantin Levin as I was when I picked it. I may go through a few names until I settle on one I feel comfortable with.
          So it was that Levin. Sort of assumed it wasn’t Bernard.

Comment

Nice BA win. Gotta love stealing a win in a CB race.

Mosbah with a serious chance at winning the Kangaroo Tour now, much as I hate to jinx myself. Currently tied on time for 1st in GC, and the other rider appears unlikely to get any time in the last stage. It isn't guaranteed as a couple of riders in the GC standings could leapfrog Mosbah on the last race if we choke.

Comment

Well, wow. Mosbah won, the race and the GC. Whoo!

Comment

Congratulations Matt! That's quite something.

Comment

Thanks!

I should note that besides Levin picking up that Cup of the Four River Trophies, Sits picked up the "Tour Contender Bronze" for finishing in the top 9 in more than 5 tours. Neither to be sniffed at.

Comment

Originally posted by matt j View Post
                    Thanks!

I should note that besides Levin picking up that Cup of the Four River Trophies, Sits picked up the "Tour Contender Bronze" for finishing in the top 9 in more than 5 tours. Neither to be sniffed at.
                    Thanks! Where is the full listing?

Comment

http://www.cyclingsimulator.com/?pag...eld%20Locknuts

Palmares page

The full listing is a slight mystery, but this forum thread tries to document then all:

http://www.cyclingsimulator.com/forum/general/288819

Comment

Strewth.

Comment

It's nice that Vencill won the Leopoldbahn GP but bouncing about between divisions 4, 5 and 6 is making planning future races a real pain. I was gearing up to take part in a d6 stage race but I'm now in the wrong division.

Comment

It's nice that Vencill won the Leopoldbahn GP but bouncing about between divisions 4, 5 and 6 is making planning future races a real pain. I was gearing up to take part in a d6 stage race but I'm now in the wrong division.
                            This, precisely. Although with a trainee, three U23s, a tour domestique and a guy waiting to be sold, I only have an “elite” group of six. So I just wait for the best races I can.

Comment

Although, having said that. Vencill's win has put me in a great spot to enter the Fast on Wheels. So now I've changed all my tactics for my race tomorrow to Practice so I can keep my DP up.

And I'll have to pick a team. Or rather I'll have to pick a leader.

Comment

Get in. Frederick Stephansen scores a Div 4 win in Santiago di Cali. I just wish I’d trained his TQ up months ago.I’d hoped he would accrete a higher climber score from races but getting his TQ to 64 has been transformative.

Comment

That's a really good result. Well done.

Annoyingly, I planned to have Vencill acting as a hill helper on Saturday. I've changed him to practice but I don't know if a week is going to be long enough to get his DP up from the low 70s to be able to contribute in a tour.

Comment

Thanks!

So, melding real life in for a moment: Tom Pidcock must be DH 90 at least.

Comment

Nice!

We're kind of in that 'end of season' doldrums for now. Might pick up enough points to stay in Division 2 until start of season, might not. Wasn't quite high enough for the Netherlands Tour, so might just get into the 'Don' cup again for fun.

But, hard to plan for anything next season until I know what races I can target on TF (div 2 or div 3).

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                        Seconded! Really going up in the world.

Over at Lindfield Locknuts we are having a mini-clearout. Martim Vidigal went for 90k and I have a sole bid on Unwin Treadwell at 85k - not bad for nearly 34. I am bringing in a “gamble” rider who will need fast training and could be great or could be disastrous: http://www.cyclingsimulator.com/?pag...15&post=469891
                                        And he was disastrous, as it turned out. Maxed at 37 average.

Comment

Its a sad day, but i think I should cash in while he's still worth something. He's not earned a captain's jersey for quite a while now: http://www.cyclingsimulator.com/forum/transfer/474512

Comment

What does 'TT centred' mean, I've heard this phrase before but don't get it. Is TT training separate from other training?

Comment

It's a bit of extra TT training you can give to even maxed out riders. Training > Time Trial. You pay a lump sum to link to a centre and then further lumps sums to bump up the TT of riders.

Comment

The rider has to be fully maxed and it costs 30k + 30k to fully TT train a rider. Having already spent an up front 25k to establish a permanent connection to a TT centre. So it’s a big undertaking. I’ve done it for three captains in two and a half years.

Comment

Yup, it's typically not even worth considering unless you have a high max captain that will compete in tours (and want to have every advantage possible). I've only ever done it for Okereke, and it's arguable whether it was needed for a sprint captain.

Mosbah (notably) won the Kangaroo Tour without it. I had planned to do it for Kavanagh, but that's gone now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                                    Its a sad day, but i think I should cash in while he's still worth something. He's not earned a captain's jersey for quite a while now: http://www.cyclingsimulator.com/forum/transfer/474512
                                                    It’s been a whole day and not a bite. Being objective, I can see that from the perspective of Divs 4 and 5 which the Locknuts tend to inhabit these days, Hunzberger is just a 217 climber with a bit of TT and no other side skills whatsoever. I have enough climby trainers so I think I will probably release him while he’s still worth 130k+

Comment

Working...
                                                    X