Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online cycling and/or baseball manager type timewasters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
    I'm happy to log in long enough to do that. I just can't be bothered to log in often enough to keep my team improving.

I'll give the full details of my riders this evening.
    Good on you Etienne. We’ll either:

a) have to announce any private deals on the Transfers sub-forum in case someone outbids; or
    b) you release them and we take our chances on the free hire list.

Comment

Yes, some managers have done similar 'leaving the game' team sales. It's not super-difficult, but can be a bit annoying to set-up/manage.

There is also a requirement that you maintain a certain number of riders, though I can't remember at the moment what that number is.

Comment

In a strange position of not wanting too many points in a race tomorrow. The main climb posse are going in the Tre Colli di Trento, and anything more than nine points will see us edge into Div 4 for the first time. That may seem like a good thing but the Hidalgo del Parral - Brincadero has just appeared at the bottom of the Div 5 calendar. This is perfect for Hunzberger (7/7/6 climb profile and he is 78/77/62) and has been our only win at this level.

But of course I have three races already booked...

Comment

In happier news, Simon de Montfort of AnnoDomini has accepted my $50k bid for this fella, unless someone outbids in the next 24 hours. No world beater, but a 190+ climbing prospect is mot to be sneezed at:

Rene Bevc

Team: Slovenia Slovenia

Birthday: Day 82

Team Spirit: 47%
          Experience: Level 1

OCM Tour Rank: 4354 th
          OCM Tour Points: 0

Slovenia Tour Rank: 28 th

Top form ready

Average Skill: 32

Release value: 35.142

CL: Good
          DH: Good
          HL: Small
          SP: Small
          FR: Average
          CB: None
          TT: None
          TQ: Average

Comment

Decent yeah. 50k for a 190 is solid. I've done that myself lately (rather than throwing countless useless scouts at the hire list.)

A half-decent IoM sprinter is on the transfer forum, as were a few decent already trained riders, should anybody have the cash.

Top form starts Monday for Kavanagh and Crumley. This was a long time waiting, so I really hope it pays off in some these races. (Streets of Cairo first)

Comment

Had to up the bid but won’t go higher than my 65k counterbid. That may already be a bit steep.

Have put up a transfer thread for Remco Hooiveld. I doubt I will get any bites but his release value is $135k which is fine anyway. I’m just chancing my arm really. Good sales pitch though I thought.

Comment

My day, no my season, no my career in online sports management games has just been made. A team manager messaged me to point out that his rider was much more suited to the next Isle of Man race than some of those I have selected. This made me genuinely happy. The fact that said rider is one I mistakenly released early on (and have previously selected for IoM) is the cherry on the cake.

Comment

Great stuff dm! Who is the rider? I often wonder about riders I released before I knew what the hell I was doing.

Meanwhile I have apparently stuffed up my listing of Hooiveld by saying he’s a 249 HL SP. I didn’t realise we don’t include TQ in this sum. So 204 then.

Comment

Ha!. I assume it was Quinby Laramore. IoM has a bunch of riders that are much of a muchness at his level.

Comment

Yeah, it was Quinby. They are indeed much of a muchness and I tend to exercise Manager's Prerogative and select Neville or Paulson as the team's sixth rider.

It would be funny if NT races affected RS and DP, then I could have epic rows with Miles Illingworth's club boss.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                        In a strange position of not wanting too many points in a race tomorrow. The main climb posse are going in the Tre Colli di Trento, and anything more than nine points will see us edge into Div 4 for the first time. That may seem like a good thing but the Hidalgo del Parral - Brincadero has just appeared at the bottom of the Div 5 calendar. This is perfect for Hunzberger (7/7/6 climb profile and he is 78/77/62) and has been our only win at this level.

But of course I have three races already booked...
                        Well, “Hagen Hunzberger had an off day” and was 23rd which means at least we get a crack at retaining the Hidalgo del Parral. Doubt we will, it was probably a one-off but you should defend your titles if you can.

I’ve missed out on Rene Bevc, but have struck up a good rapport with the vendor, Simon d Montfort of AnnoDomini. Super helpful, as appear to be many of the experienced managers. And I have a bid of $150k for Remco Hooiveld, against his book value of $135k. It’s not his full training cost but I refuse to work those out as I’m incurring them.

Comment

Third straight off day for Kavanagh (fourth in a row for race captains), and an off day for Crumley.... Both on top form. Screw you RNG.

Definitely should have won this one, Kavanagh finished 9th still.

Comment

Early heads up that I'm doing the Leopoldbahn GP tomorrow morning with Shubkin on breakaway duty again, so we'll see how he gets on there.

Comment

Shubkin finished 56th, but rather annoyingly it was a breakaway that decided the damn thing. Look at the profile of the bloke who won! http://www.cyclingsimulator.com/?pag...ile&id=1196493

Comment

Bad luck longearerd. Just can’t pick ‘em these breakaways.

Comment

Ha, yeah. Another weird breakaway result, just not for Shubkin.

IoM put Abner Carder at 6th for the Zurich - Lugano, so a decent WT result. IoM riders also finished 12th and 16th, so a good showing.

Sprint race next, which I assume will be Budapest - Debrecen. (not that it has yet done 'me' any good yet, but both Kavanagh and Crumley are on top form.)

Also, Crumley picked up two training points in the last race, taking him up to be a 208 sprinter... surpassing IoM legend (and Div 1 rider) Carroll Ridsdale. Not too shabby.
                                  Last edited by matt j; 19-01-2021, 16:00.

Comment

Man 2 Man down to div 6 after a barren few weeks. We're about to get that team spirit boost sponsor, so it shouldn't take long to get back into div 5. Really kind of plateaued there though.

Comment

I'm not so much plateauing there as topping out there in the peak/trough cycle.

Currently re-jigging the younger riders and training three with the Hooiveld cash. Chanced my arm with bids on a couple of 200+ potential climbers but both got too rich for my blood. Both currently stand at 100k.

Nice work on the WT dm.

Comment

The Fast on Wheels tour (six stages of sprinting and TTing) opens for sign up at 2000 GMT today.

Comment

The Sits Ready Reckoner says Hunzberger will not retain the Hidalgo tomorrow but be lucky to make the Top Ten.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                            The Sits Ready Reckoner
                                            Catchy!

Kavanagh picked up 7th in the Div 4 Classic (Baltimore Invitational), which all being said, wasn't a bad result. Quite a few other riders with better teammates also on top form. Being a classic, the 7th place appears to count as a 'result'.

Crumley (another off day) picked up another race training point. Minor win.

Last edited by matt j; 22-01-2021, 21:17.

Comment

Hunzberger managed 5th, so the team mates must have bumped him up, or the Ready Reckoner needs work.

Comment

I released all my IoM riders to try and keep up the nations talent pool. No-one i've got left was remarkable in anyway.

Of those released, Farnum, Minnis and Christopherson were all at max. Rohrbrough was scouted earlier on this thread.

Ginsburg has the following potential.
                                                CL: Average
                                                DH: None
                                                HL: None
                                                SP: Average
                                                FR: None
                                                CB: Incredible
                                                TT: None
                                                TQ: None

Comment

Wow, all the maxed ones have gone already. Thanks anyway Etienne.

Comment

Farnum hasn't shown up yet on the hire list. Hopefully somebody can grab him, but I expect he won't be cheap.

Edit: Actually, several of them haven't hit the HL yet.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X