Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online cycling and/or baseball manager type timewasters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benjamin Pile got a 10th as a breakaway on Anju-Anju which suggests it was worth a try. Hunzberger got 3rd so the Locknuts have edged back into Div 5 after failing to register a win while in 6 and 7. A reasonable haul of 2nd and 3rd though and a couple of Div 6 races on the roster yet. Also have a bit of cash which I hope will be enough to get Bang and Obregon close to maxed.

Comment

Oof. So close on the WT today. Must have been a bad day for Illingworth. He finished 11th, Kavanagh 10th. Crumley 20th, and Risdale 22nd just to rub salt in the wound.

Back to the hillers for Auckland - Hamilton.

Big division 4 test for me tomorrow. A cobble race Kavanagh looks like a chance to win, but overall my team is still weaker than a lot of these others. If I can pick up some points here, I may stay up next season.

Comment

Kavanagh should have been a leadout but I think the drop down menu slipped when I was selecting, cos when I checked the team he was a team-mate and there were only two leadouts (Ridsdale and Perkis). Annoying as this was the first time I had selected leadouts according to that formula (the one that invokes TT in one of them, hence Perkis).

I don't know how you lot get results on breakaways, they're always throwaway team spirit builders for me.

Comment

I think all you get is the brief race report and the results. That’s it.

Solid effort by the Manxmen.

Comment

Anyone ever tried two captains? I’m going to give it a go on the race below. It’s for the riders not supporting Hunzberger on a climbing race earlier that day so I’m going in without expectations. Remco Hooiveld has the best captain score, but Thomas Hansson (who was going to be Hill Helper) is only fractionally weaker as a captain, so I thought I’d give it a go. According to the Forum the team mates will support both captains fully, rather than their value being halved - albeit four not five of them.

However, there will only be three as I am hoping Tito Valcarel can repeat his recent breakaway exploits.

Cycling Simulator is a free online cycling manager game. Create your own team and win the biggest tours in the world.

Comment

I was doing two captains pretty frequently with Kavanagh/Crumley in the Div 6 & 7 races earlier. Middling successes. Worth it if you are confident of putting two in the top ten though.

Massive letdown in the cobble race today, bad luck for pretty much every rider, one of the main leadouts got an injury, and Kavanagh had an off day (18th). Damn.

Comment

Quite happy with this fella I just picked up off the Free Hire thread. He does render Mzebaca Buddy (who I bought two weeks ago) rather obsolete though:

Daniel Niedziela
                Team: Poland Poland

Birthday: Day 80

Top form ready

Average Skill: 30

Potential:
                CL: Average
                DH: Average
                HL: Good
                SP: Average
                FR: Small
                CB: None
                TT: None
                TQ: Good

Honestly, if you’re hiring, start with that thread. Or even if you’re not. I wasn’t.
                Last edited by Sits; 08-01-2021, 03:01.

Comment

Not worthwhile IoM newbie:
                  Name: Isaac Seals
                  Team: Isle of Man

Birthday: Day 57

Team Spirit: N/A
                  Experience: Level 1
                  OCM Tour Rank: 4397 th
                  OCM Tour Points: 0

Isle of Man Tour Rank: 21 st

Top form ready

Average Skill: 29
                  Potential: CL: Small
                  DH: Small
                  HL: Average
                  SP: None
                  FR: Small
                  TT: None
                  TQ: Average

Comment

A win for Hunzberger in the Yang Piang, last Div 6 race for a little while. Haven’t had a win for some time.

Comment

My first points in over 3 weeks. 5th in Monaco. Now, I've got to work out what I need to do to stay in d 5 until the 20th so I can enter Fast on Wheels. A very flat, 6 stage race with a prologue and a ITT stage.

I'm also going to need to see what I can do about getting people in form, and decide if I want to send Perkis on a sprinting training camp. He can't improve much in that, but every little would help.

Comment

Nice results Sits & Levin!

Fox River on the other hand, 2nd straight 'off day' for Kavanagh in a race he should have been competitive in and at least fighting for a top 3. This time only managed 19th. Frustration among the squad grows.

I 'should' be able to trigger top form for both Kavanagh and Crumley heading into day 70, so a whole suite of races all line up in that window, including two of the Division 4 classics. I 'think' I have this all scheduled correctly so I don't lose too many points (and drop out of Division 4) before the end of the suite.

Of course, this is a bit 'all my eggs in one basket', because if I fail to get any points in this run, both riders will be in terrible DP, and I'll plummet down the table almost immediately afterwards.

Comment

rats, nothing for IoM in the World Tour today. Can't catch a break in Division C lately. Downhill races next.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                            Picked this chap up today, a tip from the Free Hire List which is proving very fruitful. I needed a decent FR prospect and the HL will be useful too. May not warrant training on anything else unless we’re doing tours and need someone for Lead Out roles. So maybe. $34k:

Name: Clementin Moga (Romania)

Birthday: Day 72

Potential:
                            CL: None
                            DH: Small
                            HL: Average
                            SP: Small
                            FR: Good
                            TT: Average
                            TQ: Good
                            Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
                            Oh yeah, I'd have picked Moga up. Happy to get Ladd though, looks like a versatile helper with a bit of training.
                            if you're still interested dm I've had a strategic re-think and I'd be happy to sell? His month is up.

Comment

Oh thanks Sits but I picked up another young Manx helper called Ferguson Runciman, so I've no requirement for Moga.

Comment

No worries dm I’ll release him and put him on the Free Hire thread.

Edit: if anyone wants Moga he is now on the list, $34k
                                Last edited by Sits; 13-01-2021, 09:35.

Comment

I've just had one of those weird sort of results that I can't explain. Did a race and set Shubkin to break away (as usual) and he finished 5th, which is all well and good. Except that the potted race report says that there was a three man break who took all the podium places, and Shubkin had an off day. What's happened there then?

Comment

Well, the actual race report has no relationship to the tactics selected. It's flavor only, and if it randomly gets something correct it is purely accidental.

On the other hand, Shubkin again getting into the top 9 while on 'official' breakaway status, and while having an off day (again) makes me think that there might be a 'hidden' attribute for breakaways, and Shubkin is rated very highly there. Or, Shubkin just has the perfect experience, TS, RS, DP and keeps getting lucky everytime.

I do wonder if his EXP level 7 is giving him a huge advantage over the youngsters in Div 6 and 7.

He has a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th this season, were every single one of those on breakaway? He would be by far the best breakaway rider this season (based on the forum thread).

Comment

longeared ( and I posted him on the OCM breakaway thread, if you feel like confirming it there.)

Comment

Can't remember how the 4th place was achieved, but the rest were all breakaway. You might be onto something re experience, my other rider who tends to get results from breaks is Quentin Ritter, who is aged 35 and has experience level 7.

Comment

There was a great climbing prospect on the Free Hire List. CL good DH good HL average.

While I was asleep. He’s gone.

Comment

I'm going to assume Moga will get picked up again, but if he lingers too long (and I don't scout anyone else), I'll probably pick him up when I get the cash again. Currently I'm kind of stretching myself thin on cash (have a player coming around the 23rd for 50k... I'm going to have to penny pinch for a while).

Comment

I'm also going to get rid of Mzebeca Buddy again when his month is up. Picked him up on the 29th but subsequently picked up Daniel Niedziela who is better potential across the board.

Got some really good advice by pm the other day from Wronskian of Navarone Cycling who suggested I stick to climbers until I have 8 or 9 who are190+. Thinks I've drifted into potential HL/SP (Hooiveld, Moga) before I have the proper climb unit established. I think he's probably right.

Hooiveld would be available for the right money. Maxed but not TTd. Value $134k, As Wronskian said, sometimes you have to accept a loss on a rider you've trained.

Comment

I'm letting this lapse now. Sorry for weakening the IOM team.
                                                Would anyone be interested in signing any of our riders?

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                                                  I'm letting this lapse now. Sorry for weakening the IOM team.
                                                  Would anyone be interested in signing any of our riders?
                                                  That’s a real shame Etienne, but having given up From The Pavilion, and continuing to struggle with X11 at times, I do get it.

Some of your riders look good and others promising, but selling them privately would necessitate you staying around longer.

Comment

I'm happy to log in long enough to do that. I just can't be bothered to log in often enough to keep my team improving.

I'll give the full details of my riders this evening.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X