Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online cycling and/or baseball manager type timewasters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 190+ TT, and a 250+ Prologue. Not bad, but not in my need category. (I'm eyeing another rider from the free hire list.)

Rhoden and Dahle (Thanks!) are both in that... eh... only if desperate for IoM riders category. Both could theoretically be trained up to be decent teammates, but neither is obvious enough to take a risk on.

Comment

And Ismaili Climbs finished, so how did my predictions do?

Abner Carder did win, Hunzberger 8th (I'd said 6th). Wilbanks, Gallego, Nikolovski all in the top 10, but not necessarily in the order I predicted.

A few teams added late put riders in the top 10, so weren't accounted for.

Congrats on the repeat win delicatemoth !

DM also picked up the young Ladd.

Comment

Nice win DM and good to see Eldwin go to a good home.

Comment

Picked this chap up today, a tip from the Free Hire List which is proving very fruitful. I needed a decent FR prospect and the HL will be useful too. May not warrant training on anything else unless we’re doing tours and need someone for Lead Out roles. So maybe. $34k:

Name: Clementin Moga (Romania)

Birthday: Day 72

Potential:
          CL: None
          DH: Small
          HL: Average
          SP: Small
          FR: Good
          CB: None
          TT: Average
          TQ: Good

Comment

I'd been eyeing that rider since he got put up. the GD FR/TQ combo made him really appealing. I'll switch my attention to a GD SP/FR on the transfer forum.

A 220+ sprinter just showed up on the transfer list, which I was tempted to bid 200k on. Immediately irrelevant as one of the heavy hitters came in with a 400k bid to start.

Kavanagh got a really good win in the Div 5 Nassau Streets. It was definitely his route, but I had been concerned about a few of the other teams being stronger (and only having 5 fit riders). Pushes Fox River into 4th Division now, so a rethink/replan of the upcoming races is required.

Comment

matt j I jumped when I saw the good FR with some HL. It’s a shame he’ll probably be less maximised with me, unless I take a big change of course. I fear learning the whole sprint malarkey, and have just coddled together some Lead Outs on the couple of occasions I’ve needed them.

Comment

Apparently, we're going to have to watch the Romanian's on that free hire list. An earlier one I picked up had 3 GDs (DH, FR, SP) and was left sitting for several days.

Comment

Oh yeah, I'd have picked Moga up. Happy to get Ladd though, looks like a versatile helper with a bit of training.

Comment

Feeling good about myself after Hunzberger got a 5th just now. Then I looked at my 90-day rolling posts and realised that within the next six days the Locknuts will lose over 280 points, the anniversary of the Tour of the Sanreizan and a brief flurry in D7. That should see us drop straight to the foot of the table. And D7!

Comment

But then, you should be able to get most of those back if you plan your trip to D7 well. I've finally dropped to D5 but I'm going to be here for nearly a month. I guess it's an opportunity to get some discipline back up.

How do you suggest races for the game? I think it would be cool to have a Tour du Mont Aigoual as featured in The Rider. It looks amazing, Cyclist did a story where they cycled the route

Comment

See if there’s a thread on the “Support” sub-forum and if not, start one. You can write race details too, which many don’t have.

Comment

Just discovered Victorien Hoffman was ready to retire so I now have my first trainer and an extra $29k in the bank.

Tito Valcarel lives to ride another day.

Comment

1st place in Div. 4! An ITT, but still. I was hoping for 7th - 9th. I wonder how much it's to do with having TT bars and helmet for the 12% performance boost.

I can't imagine the rest of my team are going to enjoy this much though. They were struggling for results in lower divisions. Vencill's HL + SP and not much else doesn't really fit many races, especially with his complete lack of cobbles.

Does IoM qualify for one of the TT races opening today?

Comment

The only WT races I can see this week are the CoN races that we aren't eligible for, but neither of those are TTs, so I'm not sure which races you mean.

Comment

The three that start sign-ups today (day 35) are supposed to be
                                Odense - K?benhavn (WT)

35 43
                                G?teborg ITT (WT)

35 43
                                Vancouver Time Trial (WT)

35 43
                                And this is the weird week where two WT divisions have TT and one doesn't. I think we are still in Division C, which means it's Vancouver for IoM. sign-ups would be open in about 1 hour (assuming no buginess)

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                  1st place in Div. 4! An ITT, but still. I was hoping for 7th - 9th. I wonder how much it's to do with having TT bars and helmet for the 12% performance boost.
                                  Saw that earlier. Nice one! Is he still trainable? What a rider at 23 already. Rest of the team needs to suck it up and deal with it.

Comment

He's maxed out TT FR TQ but still trainable in everything else. i don't know if I should max him out completely or leave as is and see what he picks up in race training.

Comment

Now that's a really good question. I'd personally not be able to avoid the temptation of just maxing him, but he's already so good, it may pay off better in the long run to let him have a season or two 'unmaxed' to see if he can naturally raise his HL and SP without more training Camps.

Comment

Not just that, he's gone up in TQ and FR since maxing in training camps and I'm not sure that can happen if you've maxed out the total potential.

Comment

You can (Kavanagh has gone up in both TQ and SP, a few others as well after maxing). It is definitely feeling slower after total maxing though.

Comment

Great stuff Levin! Hunzberger and Treadwell have both added a point here and there post-maxing. And you could get a retiree trainer on him.

Finally, if you did max him, and happened to have a spare $85k lying about, you could TT Centre him!

Comment

In trivial um... trivia, The Vancouver TT in the World Tour actually has had an Isle of Man winner. Way back in the first edition of the race (Season 25). http://www.cyclingsimulator.com/?pag...file&id=666866

Comment

And Perkis looks odds-on favorite in the Hamilton ITT (Div 5) to me.

(Edit: Fox River is in that one too.. Only if 'risky' works this time do any of my riders have a chance.)
                                                Last edited by matt j; 15-12-2020, 17:46.

Comment

Yes, I've seen the TT race now and I'll make sure to enter Man. Remember to remind me of talent in your Manx ranks!

Comment

Just Perkis for me.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X