Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online cycling and/or baseball manager type timewasters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, that SP/FR combo is tasty. Once I have the funds, I might pick that one up.

Comment

Another IoM rider on free agency - Philip Dominguez.

CL: Average
      DH: None
      HL: None
      SP: Average
      FR: Good
      CB: None
      TT: None
      TQ: Small

Comment

Oof, all the way down to Division 8 now. This long layoff period has been rough.

Comment

Crumley up thread picked up by some other team. Hopefully trained.

Disappointing national team result for our Captain Illingsworth. Really thought he had a chance in that one.

Fox River finally got a result as Kavanagh won a Div 7 race against a pretty weak field.

My all rounders getting trained currently, so far so good, since no max yet.

Bring on the next season!

Comment

My three young domestiques mentioned upthread (Hansson, Bang and Obregon) all now on their regime, but Hansson just turned 25 so
            I need to get him done and dusted first. Just a bit of CL/DH is plenty, now he’s an 87 HL.

Comment

Hmph. No race for Man this week and I'm not sure why. There are three races scheduled (two all3s and one all4). One is full up, the other two have 17/20 teams signed up. But I was only given the option to sign up for one of those races, and when I tried I got the "You can't sign up for this race as you don't meet the ranking criteria" message. Annoying.

I'm happy to carry on with the national team next season, but if anyone else would like to give it a shot I am happy to stand aside as well.

Comment

Personally, I'd kind of like you to continue as nat team manager for at least the next season. I think the nat team stuff is a learning curve of trial and error, so having manager consistency for a few seasons makes sense.

​​​​​ Plus I like seeing your team selections.

Maybe we can rotate down the road though.

Comment

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
                  Hmph. No race for Man this week and I'm not sure why. There are three races scheduled (two all3s and one all4). One is full up, the other two have 17/20 teams signed up. But I was only given the option to sign up for one of those races, and when I tried I got the "You can't sign up for this race as you don't meet the ranking criteria" message. Annoying.

I'm happy to carry on with the national team next season, but if anyone else would like to give it a shot I am happy to stand aside as well.
                  DM I think you're doing a grand job. Is it actually manageable for you? In which case I would second you staying on.

Comment

I certainly enjoy it, it adds another dimension to the game for me. But as and when someone else really gets the urge I'm happy to stand down for them. Still annoyed about missing out on this week's racing, those flat-attribute races are always a chance to experiment.

Comment

No rges here!

Comment

Just had a rider max out at 38 average. Sad face.

Comment

Boo, hate that. I'm crossing my fingers for a few riders to still cross 45.

Looks also like IoM got booted from the world tour for next season. (5 missed signups). Might want to see if you can appeal that DM, due to the sign up issues you had.

​​​​

Comment

Apparently I missed five signups! I really don't remember missing that many, but I promised to improve and they let us back in.

Comment

Nice!

Still feel like I'm just winding up Fox River again, but have a race tomorrow Kavanagh is in good position to win. Then hopefully we get into a grove again.

Comment

Need to see the wood for the trees eh Matt?

Comment

It’s certainly a game with quite long lulls, unless you can afford a huge squad and plenty of support staff. I don’t mind that though because I’m pretty time poor.

On a separate note, I often wonder how differently I would approach it, starting again but with all the hindsight.

Comment

Garbage off days for both Kavanagh and Crumley (who I'd pegged for a top 5). At least Kavanagh ticked up a point in sprinting making him officially a 50 AV rider.

Comment

I’m beginning to realise I spent too much time and money maxing this guy out. He’s only won one race in D7 and is totally out of his depth in D5. Admittedly it’s a lot to do with the fact the rest of the squad is totally geared for climbing so there will never be enough support. Still, if and when we go on a tour he could be very useful, as he was in the last Tour of the Sanreizan. I think I get a bit attached to my riders.

Comment

Looks like a great always breakaway rider.

Comment

Ah right. As a climb-only manager I’m not used to using breakaways except for RS and team spirit; everyone supports Captain Hunzberger in one way or another. If entering one of those “all the threes” races or one with hills and flat, I tend to make Hooiveld the captain. So you mean just make him a breakaway whatever race the team is entering, if HL/SP/FR is involved?

It’s an area of the game I’ve not read up on, and probably should.

Comment

And if money allowed would you TT Centre him?

Comment

Good start to the new campaign - Namgung won Bandar-e-Bushehr for the second consecutive season. Obviously that doesn't improve our position in the classification as all it's done is replace the points that came off from last time out.

Comment

But there is the filthy lucre of course. We are back to struggling in D5 again; Hunzberger only 12th overnight in a race I hoped to get something out of.

Comment

I've just gone up to d5 for the first time. I don't fancy my chances in anything at the minute.

Which of the 3 world tour races that open to sign up today are we eligible for? We don't have any cobblers do we?

Comment

http://www.cyclingsimulator.com/?pag...lin+%28WT%29#1

Wexford-Dublin I Expect

This 'might' be a Kavanagh race as he's not a bad cobbler, and finished 20th two seasons ago.

Needs a cobbler helper though, which I happen to have one on top form right now, and then teammates of course.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X