Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online cycling and/or baseball manager type timewasters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh. cheers.

Comment

TS research continues:
      -1% loss per day is standard
      -Anything not 1% loss can be explained by two options:
      --1) Your rider hit their minimum TS (determined by transfers, recent results, injuries, etc...)
      --2) Weird rounding and/or timing of when you checked.
      -Comfort equipment raises your max possible TS by the exact percentage of the comfort item (edit: and probably min possible as well)
      -Breakaway rides give (my team at least) a 21% boost to TS
      -The max possible TS limits your breakaway boost, so for riders not jobbing, this basically means they slide from Max TS to Min TS until they ride on breakaway again.
      -Being named captain gives a boost that seems identical to breakaway

Getting results (top 3) maybe gives a small boost to TS, but does not seem to impact max TS. This one is really hard to track, as it blends into the Captain/Breakaway side of things. It could be possible that if a teammate gets a result in the same race as a captain, then the bonus might be more clear. Or there may be a timer on the 'recent results' that if you have a big gap, you'll see max TS drop. If the job/injury/results are a 'long-term' impact on max/min TS, then it will not be obvious for weeks.
      Last edited by matt j; 07-07-2021, 12:34.

Comment

Oh that chimes in with me noticing that Perkis's TS is only 75 despite a result a couple of weeks ago. I've only had him riding in TTs which I'm assuming doesn't count as a captain or breakaway.

Comment

Makes sense. I don't think TS really matters in TTs, and it probably doesn't bring up/down TS either. Advantage of having one less thing to track for TT riders.

Comment

So previewing tomorrows WT race for IoM, it doesn't look pretty. Best news for Snowden/Vencil/& co is that Romania and Austria are really strong, so will hopefully not clog up the top 9 themselves.

Vencil slightly better on the profile (by my calculations) - he finished 8th here last season, though Snowden would have been higher with better DP.

Prediction? If no breakaways are successful:
            1) Romania 2) Austria 3) Kyrgyzstan (Sedelnikov is fantastic)

IoM just inside the top 9.

Fox River with our first points in Division 3, a 2nd for Kavanagh in the day 63 Flat Road race. It will be a real test to get anything else as good the remainder of the season. I splurged on a rider from the free hire list that was a 21YO. SP AV/FR AV/TQ VG: so a 200+ sprinter with an odd distribution. It will either be a failure that turns into a LO2 option, or I'll look like a genius four seasons from now.

Comment

Good work in Div 3 Matt.

Comment

Yes, excellent stuff.

Now thinking of selling Shamus Neville rather than Przybylski. I trained him up in cobbles, but it was a mistake as I have no other cobblers. Maybe he'd be useful to someone who wants a cobble helper.

Comment

Mentioned on the forums, but Kavanagh officially passed Illingworth on the IoM leaderboard. Does mean Kavanagh wears the NT jersey in his profile which is a nice touch. Fox River in the 3rd division tour next week. It's a cobble dominated one, but with a flat race at stage 2 that is well suited for the team. Stage 5 is a sprint one as well, so we'll try for a top 9 there too.

NT race this week is a downhill 9 plus climbing 7 race. Carder to the front please, he finished 3rd in this one last season.

Comment

Nice one Matt.

Our good news is that untrained youngster Fredrik Stephansen got 2nd place on breakaway in an U23 race yesterday which is a promising sign for the future I hope. He and Chris Hagenhofer are now having their first ever training camps, both CL of course.

Comment

A blow for me as Phinney maxes at 41 HL, 41 overall. I guess I was due a lemon. He can still be useful I'm sure.

Comment

Absolutely a useful teammate with those 70s.

I'm at the middle of my training camp splurge. Still not maxed old blind hire list signing Mannes, now at an average of 48. I have no idea what to train next as he's not really a competitive option yet. His TQ will hopefully be 54 at the end of today.
                        Stats: CL: None (27)
                        DH: None (35)
                        HL: Good (70)
                        SP: Good (74)
                        FR: Small (54)
                        CB: None (41)
                        TT: None (30)
                        TQ: None (49)
                        Potential: CL: None
                        DH: Small
                        HL: Good
                        SP: Good
                        FR: Small
                        CB: Small
                        TT: Average
                        TQ: Small
                        The plan was to bring up TT to at least make him look slightly more like a potential tour rider, but maybe distributing anything remaining across CL/DH and even CB makes him a better all-around?

(imo, he's still worth investing in as the RV bonus for hitting AV 50 cancels out training camp costs.)

Comment

Also: Team spirit tracking continues. Today saw a bump to Pontien of 3%, which can only be that his 'last time on job' timer finally expired.

Comment

And, I had my first super-bust trainee. 71 training points, AV 39. Already on sale and will out the door otherwise in 5 days to get as much refund as I can.

Comment

And OCM taketh, and now giveth. A random 'out of boredom' search of the hire list for riders that were relatively new, and with my last scouting attempt of the day (which I cringed over actually completing), managed to find another 200+ potential sprinter. GD SP / AV FR / GD TQ. A near duplicate of Ross Mohler with better sidestats.

Comment

Congratulations Matt. That’s how I got Hunzberger.

Comment

Reminder for NT team race this weekend delicatemoth

Just watching some tour results come in and Top Form is waaaay more effective than I originally imagined. One of the veterans basically told me that he just expects TF riders to win all the races they are in during a tour.

Comment

Oh, so I really will have to work out a way to get about six riders TF ready again...

Comment

A few of my riders have hit 100 RS which I don’t think I’ve noticed before. Mind you they’ve got DPs in the 60s.

Comment

IoM 6th today in World Tour. Decent showing.

Comment

Good work the Manx!

Meanwhile, the site is down for me at present.

Comment

Yup, some big server problem, hopefully nothing serious as the site is back up now with no comment about it.

NT next race is a sprint one, with an unfortunate 4 in HL.

http://www.cyclingsimulator.com/?pag...uan+%28WT%29#1

Comment

Problem with that result is we were defending a 3rd place from last season, so have slipped to 34th now.

Man 2 Man are back in Div 4, which means back to scratching around for minor placings (Carder took 8th in this morning's race). Think I'll have to figure out this top form thing. I know the formula has already been posted on this thread.

No transfer interest in Neville at all. He's still a big wheel (sorry) in the Manx cobble team, so I'm reluctant to release him to the free hire list.

Comment

It's an unfortunate one. Cobble races are so niche and dominated by the 90+ Cobblers, that it's hard to find a spot for Neville. (and why Kavanagh could win cobble races at Div 5 and 6, but has no chance any higher.) He'd definitely get picked off the hire list and a Division 5 or 6 team could build a team around him as captain for a few seasons, but there would be no guarantee that the team would stay active.

If you keep training him and he maxes high, then he is a threat in the All 3/4s with cobble (since you can back him with high AV teammates). Still super niche though.

Definitely try and rollover his AV to 50 though before you release him (if you release him). There is a 25k RV bonus with an AV of 50. (There is a 10k bonus at 70 for a single skill, if you can get cobble up there... this is pretty much a wash for the training camp cost though.)

Comment

I feel like I need to note that my next sponsor is going to be "Banhammer Steelworks" which is great. It's a free scout one, which wasn't ideal, but I'll take it.

Comment

Should be a team name.

Early training for Hagenhofer and Stephansen, CL to 64 each.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X