Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online cycling and/or baseball manager type timewasters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carder could only make 13th in his latest race. We're just not good enough for div 4 and I'm not sure how to address it.

Comment

Illingworth in 11th today, so hope for sprint top 9s for IoM this season not totally abandoned yet.

I should note that we are very close to see the retirement of Illingworth it seems like. The trio of Kavanagh, Carder, and Perkis all are drifting closer and closer to surpassing him this season on points.

Man 2 Man and Fox River have a rare head-to-head match-up in Radsport Wittmund. It's not really a race well-suited to Kavanagh, but he'll captain a fairly strong team and hope for a lucky top 9. Eli Lowder (probably?) captains Man 2 Man, though probably need a good legs day to trouble the race favorites.

I'll try and watch for Carder's next sign-up and get a sense of the competition. Division 4 definitely has drop-downs from higher divisions that have a full suite of equipment. It's always worth checking your TS of course, see if a rider just isn't pulling his weight because of that. Otherwise, that looks like a race that well suited for Carder and a strong team to back him. Hidden off day possibly? (No crashes or mechanicals?)

Comment

Name: Timothy Garvin
        Team: Isle of Man

Birthday: Day 1

Team Spirit: N/A
        Experience: Level 1
        OCM Tour Rank: 4184 th
        OCM Tour Points: 0

Isle of Man Tour Rank: 33 rd

Top form ready

Average Skill: 31
        Potential: CL: Small
        DH: None
        HL: Average
        SP: Average
        FR: Small
        CB: None
        TT: Good
        TQ: Average
        Name: Grayson Neufeld

Birthday: Day 77

Average Skill: 31
        Potential: CL: Average
        DH: Average
        HL: Small
        SP: Small
        FR: Good
        CB: Average
        TT: Average
        TQ: None
        Name: Ambrose Taggerty

Birthday: Day 82

Top form ready

Average Skill: 30
        Potential: CL: Small
        DH: None
        HL: Good
        SP: Small
        FR: None
        CB: Small
        TQ: Small
        Name: Wallace Saffell

Birthday: Day 27

Top form ready

Average Skill: 29
        Potential: CL: Average
        DH: Small
        HL: None
        SP: None
        FR: Small
        CB: None
        TQ: Small

Comment

Originally posted by matt j View Post
          Otherwise, that looks like a race that well suited for Carder and a strong team to back him. Hidden off day possibly? (No crashes or mechanicals?)
          I don't think so. I went with four pace setters and a downhill guide, maybe I should have just used five pacesetters.

Comment

Levin thanks for sharing.

Comment

No worries. It might be the last time going from the rules clarifications on the forum at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                No worries. It might be the last time going from the rules clarifications on the forum at the moment.
                You mean in terms of sharing scouts?

Comment

Yeah, sharing to the public, eg. the Free hire List is fine but sharing only to a specific group is bannable.

Comment

Yeah I guess. I sensed that the occasional share is OK but not systemic. And some comments on this PR drill down to the specifics of the cheat. Whilst they were only saving themselves $3k each time, they worked in considerable volume:
                    Cycling Simulator is a free online cycling manager game. Create your own team and win the biggest tours in the world.

Comment

also thanks from me Levin Eventually I'll get back to scouting IoM riders, but need to get my cash back up again in the next few seasons. If I make another donation my free scouts will all go to the IoM again.
                      My sense on the new rules is the same as Sits. We share amongst ourselves, and typically, we will post the same riders on the free hire list within a few days if they aren't particularly useful. We also aren't on the scale that the two banned teams were attempting (~500 riders between them).

We also generally find that the IoM riders are pretty useless (and has any of us actually found an IoM rider on the hire list and sold them?), so aren't really benefiting from anything in this thread other than we don't have to post our questions/comments on the main forum. We could easily make an IoM riders/NT discussion thread on the official forum though, if we really want to be totally transparent. I don't think that's necessary, but it's an option.

Comment

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post

I don't think so. I went with four pace setters and a downhill guide, maybe I should have just used five pacesetters.
                        Not sure that the profile warranted a downhill guide, but that still doesn't seem like enough. Carder & co feel good enough to me to win/podium consistently at Division 4, it's just finding the right tweaks for the right races and accepting that luck sometimes doesn't work in your favor. There is still enough inherent variability in the results (especially good legs and the 'theoretical' hidden off days) to keep everyone frustrated.

For the Dushanbe race, my expectation would be that many of the riders ahead of Carder at the finish had 90+ Climbing, and that does seem true. Carder's 84 there is not quite enough on that extreme profile.

NT this week is this one, afaik:

Day 64: Radomsko - Kruszyna (WT)
                        Profile: 2 CL 2 DH 5 HL 4 FR 3 SP 0 CB 2 TQ 0 TT

A good old fashioned hiller which IoM never has the best luck. Snowden, obviously, but it's much of a muchness beyond him.

Comment

Cheers matt.

I now have yet another 200+ climber, the Norwegian rider Tormod Huse (my only foray into the transfer market thus far). I should probably sell one of the older ones.

Comment

Bargain! I love a cheap young 190+ rider who pans out. Luke Brasher was similar for me (40k for a 200 sprinter).

Huse looks super handy and with more training a real tour threat. Are you planning to invest more?

Comment

A couple more transfer/scouting/talent related threads from the two bosses. Don’s makes the scout sharing thing a bit tighter I think:

http://www.cyclingsimulator.com/foru...cements/435750
                              http://www.cyclingsimulator.com/forum/general/438308

Comment

Originally posted by matt j View Post
                                Bargain! I love a cheap young 190+ rider who pans out. Luke Brasher was similar for me (40k for a 200 sprinter).

Huse looks super handy and with more training a real tour threat. Are you planning to invest more?
                                Definitely, he's now my best downhiller - DH potential Good, currently in training has made 78, in an hour or two I'll know if he's managed 79. Not sure whether to go FR or TQ next.

I think Przybylski is the one to go. He has CL 70 DH 72 HL 67. That's a better HL than any of my pure climbers but not by much, and I can always put Tolbert (66-68-73) in if I want a Hill Helper.
                                Last edited by delicatemoth; 05-07-2021, 14:35.

Comment

Tough call, I'd personally have a hard time selling any 200+ rider, but it really depends on future plans. He'd definitely pick up transfer interest (as would several other 'borderline' riders on Man 2 Man).

Comment

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post

Definitely, he's now my best downhiller - DH potential Good, currently in training has made 78, in an hour or two I'll know if he's managed 79. Not sure whether to go FR or TQ next.

I think Przybylski is the one to go. He has CL 70 DH 72 HL 67. That's a better HL than any of my pure climbers but not by much, and I can always put Tolbert (66-68-73) in if I want a Hill Helper.
                                    Wow, Przybylski would be backup captain in my team. If I only had 125k plus lying around. Let me know if you decide to sell. I won’t expect a private deal as it probably wouldn’t get through unscathed and you’ll get more on the forum. But I would pile on. I’ve been considering letting Obregon go - a bit of a one trick pony on DH but worth $88k. Likewise Bang who has a RV of $79k but tends not to make the A selection these days.

Actually I’m talking myself into this. How much would it take?
                                    Last edited by Sits; 05-07-2021, 21:39.

Comment

His list price is 125,781 so I'd put him up at 130.

I'm going to wait and see how Phinney (74-74-30) goes on his HL (Average potential). If he hits the 60s I'll probably sell Przybylski. No private deal but I'll post on here in advance of doing it.

Huse did get to 79 DH, a good purchase indeed.

Przybylski, Tolbert (mentioned above) and Sagharchi (75-74-58) were all hire list pickups sourced from the Free Hire thread.

Comment

Thanks dm. I’ll be in if it’s starting at $130k I think.

Comment

Fox River officially in Division 3 thanks to a good 4th place today. Should last until about Day 70 even without additional results.

Comment

Well done Matt!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Fly that flag!

Comment

So, I've only just realised that you can reveal a single potential on un-scouted riders. It looks like it's free. (I was mentioned that the mass scouters had been working in concert to reveal different skills on the same rider to get a full picture for free).

Are you limited to a number per day? Is there a cost associated with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                                    So, I've only just realised that you can reveal a single potential on un-scouted riders. It looks like it's free. (I was mentioned that the mass scouters had been working in concert to reveal different skills on the same rider to get a full picture for free).

Are you limited to a number per day? Is there a cost associated with it?
                                                    It’s $1k for a single skill. But you can’t spend $2k and do two. So either $1k or $4k,

Comment

Working...
                                                    X