Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online cycling and/or baseball manager type timewasters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just did a private deal to bring in a 22yo with VG downhill potential (Obregon). I’ve found DH one of the rarer high rating attributes, got this lad for 45k which is OK for a Downhill Guide domestique.

Comment

Ugh. Took a rider off training to find he'd progressed to 60 rather than 59 in the attribute. This is because I put him in training camp after a race, not realising that he gained a point in that race and it didn't show up right away. So be careful of that everyone!

Comment

Aha... Cuthbert was ready to retire. So out he goes as a rider, in he comes as a trainer, immediately boosted one rider up a point in sprinting.

Comment

So did that just happen, or did you do it?

Comment

I did it. Cuthbert had a little bit of new text on his profile saying he was ready to retire.

Released him (for full value). Then was able to hire him as a trainer

Comment

Excellent. How did his trainer cost compare to his rider release? Clayton Gaby is 34, but it’s good to plan ahead.

Comment

Trainers have a salary, but it's only 175 a week.

Comment

Ended up signing this guy yesterday:
                  Rider Profile

Name: Hugh Millar
                  Team: Isle of Man

Birthday: Day 34

Team Spirit: 62%
                  Experience: Level 1
                  Fox River since 01/10-2020
                  OCM Tour Rank: 4353 rd
                  OCM Tour Points: 0

Isle of Man Tour Rank: 29 th

Top form ready

Average Skill: 30

Release value: 33.901
                  Potential: CL: None
                  DH: None
                  HL: None
                  SP: None
                  FR: None
                  CB: None
                  TT: Incredible
                  TQ: Average

Not a world beater, but I couldn't turn down an Incredible TT that just happened to be the first I scouted.

Comment

He should be fun.

Comment

Well, I've just won Capupa - Calunga for the second season in a row. Jerome Vencill's first victory and the third of my riders to claim a first place. It's nicely given my enough cash to max out his hills to join FR, SP, & TQ.

Comment

nice!

Still waiting for about ten days before I get back into competition mode.

How the national team situation delicatemoth ?

Comment

We're riding next week in the Hamburg - L?beck sprinters' classic. Not signed up for it yet, will post the team when I do.

Comment

Nice going Levin and dm.

In other news, I’m sure you’ll all be glad to learn I have signed a rider named Wilhelm Bang.

Comment

delicatemoth How do you scout riders? Is there a massive list if all IoM people that you've had to trawl through? I've only just realised that the ranking list only show riders with points.

Comment

Levin I'd actually forgotten and had to remind myself! It's a well-timed question because there are some new ones coming through and there are a couple of new call-ups this week as a consequence. You can trawl all riders on the Start >- Riders menu, with options to filter by nation and race shape :- http://www.cyclingsimulator.com/?pag...sc&showLowRS=0

Last edited by delicatemoth; 06-10-2020, 10:13.

Comment

The IoM team for Hamburg-Lubeck is as follows:-

Miles Illingworth (cap); Carroll Ridsdale, Jerome Vencill, Herman Kavanagh (leadouts); Will Vest, Frasier Combs (team-mates)

I'm not expecting anything from this race as DPs are really poor - Illingworth is at 72 and only new caps Vencill and Combs are above 80. I was actually quite tempted to nominate Vencill as a breakaway, but as a national team boss I'm contractually obliged to be safe and boring.

Cuthbert would have made the team if he hadn't retired, the silly sausage.

Comment

Oooh. Exciting. It's very flat isn't it? And while we've got some very good sprinters, no one is world class going for the line.

Sadly, I think Vencill has maxed out before I could get any climbing or descending into him. Or cobbles, I regret not giving him a bit of a boost there now. Ah well, I've done what I've done and he should be good for a few victories in 7 and maybe 6.

Comment

ah a call-up for Combs! that's a bit like the 'hard-working midfielder who is popular with his local club fans but isn't much actually at all'

He 'should' be a good replacement for Cuthbert (cabbage) once I can train up his technique.

Crumley is really the one who must be 'on the cusp' of the team, but of course is on a massive race break to get his top form back (along with Kavanagh).

Finished just outside the money in our last race, 10th and 13th for Paille and Combs respectively. They are almost 'at their level' division-wise.

Comment

I've gone cosmopolitan with recruitment so bar an occasional call-up for Treadwell I don't think we'll be challenging dm's squad any time soon.

Comment

Well that's not too shabby. 5th for Illingworth and a juicy 60 points for IoM.

Comment

I thought so too, well done team.

Next week's race is a kind of all-rounder with Hills the most salient characteristic, so get training those puncheurs! Could well see the first call-up for my youngish hillman (climber rather than sprinter( Harold Paulus.

Comment

Scouted a couple of the IoM free agents, seeing as I've got a load of cash sat about not doing anything. Anyone after a cobbler?

Vernon Liston
                                              CL: Small
                                              HL: Small
                                              CB: Incredible
                                              TT: None
                                              TQ: Small

Frederick Schwan
                                              CL: Good
                                              SP: Average
                                              TT: Small

Almost scouted the lad Ladd until I noticed that Sits had released him.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                                Scouted a couple of the IoM free agents, seeing as I've got a load of cash sat about not doing anything. Anyone after a cobbler?

Vernon Liston
                                                CL: Small
                                                CB: Incredible
                                                TT: None
                                                TQ: Small

Frederick Schwan
                                                CL: Good
                                                SP: Average
                                                TT: Small

Almost scouted the lad Ladd until I noticed that Sits had released him.
                                                Do you want his stats? Interesting but not fantastic as my failed sale showed.

Comment

Just in case:

Potential and current stats:
                                                  CL: Small (29)
                                                  DH: Good (33)
                                                  HL: Small (26)
                                                  SP: Average (38)
                                                  FR: Average (32)
                                                  CB: Small (25)
                                                  TT: Good (26
                                                  TQ: Average (32)

Comment

Ah, I'm an idiot. I signed up for the Odyssey of the Oryx without thinking. Solely because it is a tour. Now I look at the stages I can see I don't stand a chance in any of them so it's just going to be a drain on discipline.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X