Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online cycling and/or baseball manager type timewasters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calvin Minnis, Unwin Treadwell and Crispin Prochnow have all been called up to the IoM squad and team for our first race of the season, replacing Keithley, Vest and Iles. Classica Verona is a 6-6-4 and captain Abner Carder is fresh from his first win at Division 5 level in the Nepal Friendship Race.

I'm also pleased to see I have an Iranian international in the Man 2 Man ranks.

Comment

Unwin Treadwell is slightly overwhelmed. Remind me how to follow the international races?

Comment

S’OK I’ve found it by clicking on the link on Unwin’s profile.

Comment

Is he your first call-up? I know that Etienne is 1-for-1 on the changes, and I've lost one. I wish I'd spotted Prochnow when he was available, he looks good.

The race is on Wednesday. I'm afraid I can't remember how to follow it, I think matt posted about it upthread somewhere.

Comment

Yes he is. Hagen Hunzberger wore the Luxembourg jersey for a while, but is now No. 2 and nobody appears to run a Luxembourg team anyway.

I think I can look for the race by clicking through from Treadwell,

Comment

Just released this guy back into the pool, on the off chance anyone is interested:

Comment

I've been swamped with work things the last few weeks so haven't been as fully invested and attuned to the OCM boards as usual. Apparently I missed the season awards nomination, discussion, and voting period, and today they posted the OCM Season 53 awards.

Much to my happiness the first name I read is none other than Nuhiu Rules'

" The Award for Best U23 Rider:

Byung-kwang Namgung"

So woo-hoo to you. That's quite a showing.

IoM legend Miles Illingworth is in several nominations, of course, but not a winner this year.

Fox River somehow managed to pick up a nomination (and some votes) for "Young Team of the Season" which is really the "newcomer manager" of the season award. The difference a 49 rider and massive influx of cash can make for a club's season.

Season 54 has been a bit unpredictable for Fox River so far... Have finishes at 2nd, 4th, and 6th, so far, but then several frustrating 10th place finishes too. The latter being in races where I hoped for a podium spot. So now I just watch the table to see if/when I drop out of Division 4.

Comment

And here's the link to the IoM national team race:

http://www.cyclingsimulator.com/?pag...0Verona%20(WT)

Comment

Erm, fucking hell! That's a very pleasant surprise.

He turned 23 last week and is doing his last u23 race this coming Friday - the Copa Campeche which he won last season, and there's nothing really there in the opposition so far to scare us, the bigger problem will be setting it up for a sprint with only two team mates. Annoyingly South Korea don't seem to have a national team so he doesn't get to compete in the World Tour races.

Comment

Well done both of you, outstanding efforts.

Meanwhile the Locknuts have plummeted to D7 (conveniently) and I am hoping to get everyone into Top Form in time for the Tour of the Sanreizan.

Comment

Hmmm, he's worth it isn't he? Even if I just sell him on once I've signed him. How do I do that btw?

Comment

You need a Wild Card. Look for the Wild Card thread in Forum. Someone will have fun with that rider.

Comment

Yeah, that's a real solid prospect. I'd try and train him.

Comment

I have considered that but I have no cash. I'm still bringing Jerome Vencil up and I'm a long way off maxing him.

It will be a very long time before I'd get the TTer up to spec so why not sell him and get my halfway trained guy maxed out.

Comment

Is the IoM eligible for any of next weeks races?

Comment

I think this is the stretch where the international races are only for the top countries... The CoN races.

Comment

Three of us on the Tour of the Sanreizan.

Comment

Kurt Farnum put down a strong first leg for the Dragons in the Sanreizan, he’s a bit of a beast. On which subject, Rules’ wonderboy was in the top 20.

Comment

Farnum is 4th in the GC after Stage 2.

The Locknuts had a shocker. This was the stage Hunzberger won last season, and this time he could only manage 8th, after he and most of the team suffered mechanical problems/crashes. It was so bad Treadwell finished ahead of him.

Comment

That's more like it.

Comment

And after Round 4 (the TT), Hunzberger is 4th and Farnum 5th in the GC.

But Farnum has the chops for the final sprint stage, where my boy will struggle.

Comment

Namgung has had an off day on every stage of this race so far, which is something for me to chew over.

Comment

Some of these “off days” are a real kick in the teeth eh?

Comment

Lindfield Locknuts hoovered up as much cash and points as possible while still in D7 and suddenly find themselves in D5 where they don’t stand a snowball’s. Will train instead: Hooiveld to the max, maybe start Hansson before the cash runs out.

Comment

Fox River is in a deep middling phase at the moment as we wait for Kavanagh's top form to be available again. Nobody else can win races at the level we're at, so we'll drop a few divisions for sure.

Have my third player trained up past the original leader (Cuthbert) as Crumley hits 44 and probably maxes. A good technical sprinter, should be a good teammate and occasionally a leader.

Still dragging up the rest of the team towards their max, but Holen early maxed, so isn't the climbing TTer I'd hoped. Still hoping for a lucky all rounder to be in this group.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X