Chelsea 3-2 Wolves
    Crystal Palace 1-2 Tottenham
    Everton 2-1Bournemouth
    Leicester 3-2 Man Utd
    Man City 5-o Norwich
    Newcastle 1-3 Liverpool
    Southampton 1‐1 Sheff Utd
    West Ham 2-0 Aston Villa

I make that 36 goals. I know it will be less. Cheers Sean.

Comment

Was anyone else checking yesterday's results to see what the final scores were?

Thanks as ever Sean.

It's been a blast.

Comment

Yesterday's results were in the National League playoffs, Guy. The Premier League fixtures kick off at 4pm today.

Comment

Arsenal 1-0 Watford
          Burnley 0-0 Brighton
          Chelsea 1-2 Wolves
          Crystal Palace 0-2 Tottenham
          Everton 1-0 Bournemouth
          Leicester 0-1 Man Utd
          Man City 4-1 Norwich
          Newcastle 1-1 Liverpool
          Southampton 1-0 Sheff Utd
          West Ham 1-2 Aston Villa

27 (may not match)

Cheers Sean.

Comment

Originally posted by irony towers View Post
            Yesterday's results were in the National League playoffs, Guy. The Premier League fixtures kick off at 4pm today.
            Yes I know (now!)

Comment

Arsenal 1-1 Watford
              Burnley 3-2 Brighton
              Chelsea 3-2 Wolves
              Crystal Palace 1-3 Tottenham
              Everton 1-0 Bournemouth
              Leicester 1-1 Man Utd
              Man City 5-2 Norwich
              Newcastle 1-4 Liverpool
              Southampton 1-0 Sheff Utd
              West Ham 0-2 Aston Villa

31 goals

Thanks again Sean

Comment

Final table:

irony towers 7 310
                jdsx 4 278
                Guy Profumo 7+3 277
                Sean of the Shed 6 270
                Sporting 7 266
                Logan Mountstuart 8 260
                Jah Womble 7 260
                Sits 8 256
                ad hoc 4 254
                longeared 8 252
                Duncan Gardner d 241
                Stobart d 226​​
                CY_Boaby 3 212
                Merseybeast 226​​
                Antepli Ejderha d 183
                nmrfox 4 161

Congratulations to irony towers on convincingly winning this season's prediction competition. He eventually won it by a very comfortable 32 points from runner up jdsx, who in turn finished just 1 point ahead of Guy Profumo in third. Guy was the final week's top scorer with 10, including the three point bonus for correctly predicting the number of goals scored in the final round of games.
                Thanks to everyone who has participated this season and hopefully we will be doing it all again in a few weeks time.

Comment

Many thanks to you, Sean, for your superlative stewarding once again.

It's a win with an asterisk, I accept, so let's hope for a clearer run in the tenth staging of the competition, and that I shan't have spoilt everyone's fun by the end of November. [/humblebrag]

Comment

To scratch Logan's itch, the standings for the Jose Mourinho Post-Lockdown Competition are:

Sporting 50
                    Logan Mountstuart 44
                    Guy Profumo 43
                    irony towers 37
                    jdsx 37
                    Sits 35
                    longeared 35
                    Jah Womble 32
                    Sean of the Shed 31
                    nmrfox 29
                    CY_Boaby 27
                    Duncan Gardner 23
                    ad hoc 15
                    Last edited by irony towers; 27-07-2020, 07:09.

Comment

Many thanks once again for this Sean.

Comment

Thanks for running this Sean of the Shed

Comment

Thanks, Sean. And congrats and thanks to Irony. A convincing and deserved victory. That meddling Sporting....

I'll be back.

Comment

To scratch Logan's itch, the standings for the Jose Mourinho Post-Lockdown Competition are:

Sporting 50
                            Logan Mountstuart 44
                            Guy Profumo 43
                            irony towers 37
                            jdsx 37
                            Sits 35
                            longeared 35
                            Jah Womble 32
                            nmrfox 29
                            CY_Boaby 27
                            Duncan Gardner 23
                            Sits 17
                            ad hoc 15
                            Erm...

Comment

Many thanks to you, Sean, for your superlative stewarding once again.

It's a win with an asterisk, I accept, so let's hope for a clearer run in the tenth staging of the competition, and that I shan't have spoilt everyone's fun by the end of November. [/humblebrag]
                              No asterisk required here, irony. The few who dropped off psot-pandemic were never contenders anyway, and there were exactly the same number of paying supporters attending either side of the lockdown.

Comment

Aagh, very sorry for not having emulated your triple-checking scrutiny in compiling the post-lockdown table, Sean. In my scribblings 'SotS' became indistinguishable from Sits. Now amended.

Comment

Congratulations irony; we ran you close I thought.

And thanks as ever Sean, masterful stewardship. And stewardly mastering.

Comment

Congratulations irony towers on your well deserved victory; almost a Liverpool level of gap between you and those squabbling for the minor places.

And as ever many thanks to Sean of the Shed for running this excellent and enjoyable competition.

​​​​​​​Next season is a new season Sits, if I manage to stay around for it in its entirety then I'll be reclaiming our much sought after imaginary trophy...

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
                                      Congratulations irony towers on your well deserved victory; almost a Liverpool level of gap between you and those squabbling for the minor places.

And as ever many thanks to Sean of the Shed for running this excellent and enjoyable competition.

​​​​​​​Next season is a new season Sits, if I manage to stay around for it in its entirety then I'll be reclaiming our much sought after imaginary trophy...
                                      Best of luck with that Foxy, since you were unable to whittle my lead following your comeback. #shitmindgames

Comment

Echoing what everyone else is saying - cheers Sean for organising yet another entertaining season of tipping.

My objective for the season is to try and win at least one round and I think I managed two wins this season. My crowning glory was back in February when I won the round and the bonus 3 points by predicting the exact attendance at the Everton v Crystal Palace game. I'd just gone in for the snip earlier in the week and was feeling a bit sorry for myself, so that round really cheered me up.

Roll on next season!

Comment

Try having the snip and then getting divorced 3 moths later, CJ. (high pitched smiley thing).

Comment

It was only a month ago that we watched irony towers sprinting off into the distance like Usain Bolt in the Dad's race on school sports day, and here we are all over again. TheFootball powers that be have kindly arranged for the first round of the EFL cup to be played next Saturday alongside the UEFA Nations League, so we can start a week before the EPL.
                                            Just so you get a reminder I'm tagging all the participants from last season but please feel free to take part if you haven't done recently or before, and anyone who is lurking and generally just watches from the sidelines is welcome to join in too.
                                            irony towers jdsx Guy Profumo Sporting Logan Mountstuart Jah Womble Sits ad hoc longeared Duncan Gardner Stobart CY_Boaby Merseybeast Antepli Ejderha nmrfox

Here is a reminder of the rules:

Each round will be 10 games, hopefully all played on the same day, so all Saturday games, and if we do a midweek one then they will all likely be on the same night. Though it will be based mainly on the Premier League, there may also be lower league games, cup games, international games, European competition etc.

I'll post the games no later than 48 hours before the first kick-off, so Saturday games will be no later than midday Thursday, and midweek games will be no later than 7pm two days before, but if I can, I'll post them as early as possible.

Any posts made after the kick-off time, or edited after the kick-off time will be null and void for the relevant game(s). Watch out for early Saturday games kicking off at midday.

Predict the score of all games. Correct score is 3 points, correct result is 1 point. No minus points, no safe games, no bankers. There will usually be a bonus such as first scorer for a game, first yellow, or something like.
                                            Last edited by Sean of the Shed; 29-08-2020, 16:26.

Comment

Saturday's fixtures:

Iceland v England
                                              Denmark v Belgium
                                              Portugal v Croatia
                                              Sweden v France
                                              Barnsley v Nottingham Forest
                                              Rochdale v Huddersfield Town
                                              Luton Town v Norwich City
                                              Newport County v Swansea City
                                              Northampton Town v Cardiff City
                                              Swindon Town v Charlton Athletic

First games kick off at 3pm. For the three point bonus predict the half time/full time score in the Gibraltar v San Marino game.

*predictions for EFL cup games should be for the score at 90 minutes.
                                              Last edited by Sean of the Shed; 30-08-2020, 10:02.

Comment

Iceland v England 0-2
                                                Denmark v Belgium 0-2
                                                Portugal v Croatia 2-0
                                                Sweden v France 1-1
                                                Barnsley v Nottingham Forest 0-0
                                                Rochdale v Huddersfield Town 0-0
                                                Luton Town v Norwich City 1-2
                                                Newport County v Swansea City 1-2
                                                Northampton Town v Cardiff City 1-2
                                                Swindon Town v Charlton Athletic 1-1

0-0/0-0
                                                Last edited by Sporting; 29-08-2020, 16:53.

Comment

Saturday's fixtures:

Iceland 1-3 England
                                                  Denmark 0-2 Belgium
                                                  Portugal 1-0 Croatia
                                                  Sweden 1-1 France
                                                  Barnsley 0-2 Nottingham Forest
                                                  Rochdale 1-0 Huddersfield Town
                                                  Luton Town 1-2 Norwich City
                                                  Newport County 0-2 Swansea City
                                                  Northampton Town 1-3 Cardiff City
                                                  Swindon Town 2-0 Charlton Athletic

Gib 2(1) SMR 1 (0)

Welcome back Mr Shed

Comment

Sean of the Shed: too late now but have you ever considered starting a new thread for a new season's competition? Would create more impact, and would make looking up previous results easier.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X