No announcement yet.

The OTF prediction competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being a rookie, it was all about consolidation for me. Thanks for all your good work Sean.

Comment

Brighton & HA 1-3 Manchester City
      Burnley 1-2 Arsenal
      Crystal Palace 2-1 Bournemouth
      Fulham 1-2 Newcastle United
      Leicester City 0-0 Chelsea
      Liverpool 1-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers
      Manchester United 2-0 Cardiff City
      Southampton 2-1 Huddersfield Town
      Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 Everton
      Watford 2-1 West Ham United

Cheers Sean!!!

Comment

The final scores:
        ​Logan Mountstuart 4 317
        ​​Merseybeast 4 316
        Sean of the Shed 7 310
        ​​CY_Boaby 4+3 307
        ​​Stob​art 6 305
        ​ad hoc 2 304
        irony towers 3 303
        ​jdsx 7 298
        nmrfox 3 292
        Diable Rouge 5 288
        ​Jah Womble 6+3 281
        ​​Duncan Gardner 7 280
        ​Sits 3 266
        Hot Orange 1 262
        longeared 4 256
        Guy Profumo 2 230
        Sporting 4 186
        wiblflibl d 108
        Kevin S d 68
        SouthdownRebel d 37
        Antepli Ejderha d 17
        Simon G d 13
        Post-apocalyptic Pete d 10
        The Reverend d 8

​​Logan Mountstuart​​​​​​ is this season's champion, finishing just one point ahead of Merseybeast in second place with myself in third place, six points further back. The highest scorer was Jah Womble with nine points, which included the three point bonus, also scored by CY_Boaby, for getting closest to the correct goal total of 36.
        Last edited by Sean of the Shed; 12-05-2019, 17:48.

Comment

So there you are, another season over. Congratulations to Logan Mountstuart and thank you all for your continued participation. Hopefully I will see you all back here next season.

Comment

Great win Logan and once again thanks Sean. Looking forward to next season.

Comment

No worries Merseybeast. You were so close to winning the title, most unlucky.

Comment

Thanks again Sean, congrats to Logan and better luck next season Sits....

Comment

I think I wrote something weepy the first time I won this about it being the only thing I've ever really won. I think Merseybeat is the moral winner this time as I'm sure he missed 2 or 3 rounds. Victory for a demented plodder this time, I fear (although I thrashed my old rival, longeared ha ha!)

With about 15 players within 30 points, anyone could win this next year, so keep supporting Sean's competition.

My only regret is that Kevin S didn't really defend his title properly. Hope he comes back.

See you all again next season, Sean willing.

Comment

Great work Sean. Fourth from bottom and avoiding relegation means I'm going to be back next season to make up the numbers. Congratulations to LM of course.

Comment

Well done Logan Mountstuart and really bad luck Merseybeast. But most of all thanks Sean for this continued service to OTF.

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
                      better luck next season Sits....
                      Them's fightin' words! See you next season pal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                        The highest scorer was Jah Womble with nine points, which included the three point bonus, also scored by CY_Boaby, for getting closest to the correct goal total of 36.
                        I figured that the final day tends to throw up some odd results, usually involving my lot - however, Palace obliged this time.

Thanks Sean and congrats, Logan M. I'll take eleventh.

Comment

Well done LM, and commiserations Merseybeast. I guess eighth place means we're not quite good enough to be challenging for the Champions League/Europa League places...yet... maybe next year. I think that makes us Wolves. Thanks again Sean.

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
                            Thanks again Sean, congrats to Logan and better luck next season Sits....
                            Indeed.

I look forward to being next season's Brighton.

Comment

Joined in late but enjoyed it. Quick question, how many match days were there this season?

Comment

Buggered if I know. It was every Saturday plus extra games Christmas and New Year.

Comment

I see Kev won with only 295 points last year. Does this mean me and Mersey are Man. City and Liverpool?

It must mean that we played more rounds this year, as I remember him being unstoppable last year.

Anyway, come back Kev.

Comment

And Wiblflibl, for that matter. And Post Apocalyptic Pete, because he has a great name.

Comment

I've sacked myself and appointed ex-Coleraine and Dungannon supremo Rod McAree

Comment

Wiblflibl has also gone for good it seems, which is a shame.

As for me I think that I remain Reading, bumping along in the lower reaches of the lower reaches.

Comment

I know that you have all been buzzing for the new season to start, because that also means the return of the one and only OTF Prediction Competition. There are very few rules, and most of you have been around long enough to know how things work, but just for the newcomers, and all are welcome, here they are:

Each round will be 10 games played on the same day, so all Saturday games, and if we do a midweek one then they will all be on the same night. Though it will be based mainly on the Premier League, there may also be lower league games, cup games, international games, European competition etc.

I'll post the games no later than 48 hours before the first kick-off, so Saturday games will be no later than midday Thursday, and midweek games will be no later than 7pm two days before, but if I can, I'll post them as early as possible.

Any posts made after the kick-off time, or edited after the kick-off time will be null and void for the relevant game(s). Watch out for early Saturday games kicking off at midday.

Predict the score of all games. Correct score is 3 points, correct result is 1 point. No minus points, no safe games, no bankers. There will usually be a bonus such as first scorer for a game, first yellow, or something like.

Comment

I'll put this here now to save me saying it later.

Any time I miss submitting an entry, it's 3-1 to the home team.

Comment

First round of games for Saturday 3rd August:

Barnsley v Fulham
                                              Reading v Sheffield Wednesday
                                              Wigan Athletic v Cardiff City
                                              Burton Albion v Ipswich Town
                                              Shrewsbury Town v Portsmouth
                                              Exeter City v Macclesfield Town
                                              Newport County v Mansfield Town
                                              Barnet v Yeovil Town
                                              Boston United v Chester
                                              Hibernian v St Mirren

All games kick off at 3pm BST. For the three point bonus predict which minute the first goal (if any) is scored in the Wigan v Cardiff game.

Comment

Barnsley v Fulham 1-2
                                                Reading v Sheffield Wednesday 1-1
                                                Wigan Athletic v Cardiff City 1-0
                                                Burton Albion v Ipswich Town 1-2
                                                Shrewsbury Town v Portsmouth 0-2
                                                Exeter City v Macclesfield Town 1-0
                                                Newport County v Mansfield Town 2-0
                                                Barnet v Yeovil Town 1-0
                                                Boston United v Chester 1-1
                                                Hibernian v St Mirren 2-1

16th minute

Comment

Afternoon Shedders, afternoon everyone.

Can't remember who was managing my relegation escape bid last term, but anyway I've sacked him and brought in Tracy Neville. She's hoping to have a baby next year but we should be safe by then

Barnsley 1-2 Fulham
                                                  Reading 2-0 Sheffield Wednesday
                                                  Wigan Athletic 1-1 Cardiff City (first goal 14')
                                                  Burton Albion 2-2 Ipswich Town
                                                  Shrewsbury Town 1-3 Portsmouth
                                                  Exeter City 2-1 Macclesfield Town
                                                  Newport County 1-1 Mansfield Town
                                                  Barnet 2-0 Yeovil Town
                                                  Boston United 0-1 Chester
                                                  Hibernian 3-0 St Mirren

Comment

Wa-hey! Marvellous news, well done Sean.

Barnsley 0-2 Fulham
                                                    Reading 1-2 Sheffield Wednesday
                                                    Wigan Athletic 1-0 Cardiff City
                                                    Burton Albion 0-1 Ipswich Town
                                                    Shrewsbury Town 0-1 Portsmouth
                                                    Exeter City 1-0 Macclesfield Town
                                                    Newport County 1-0 Mansfield Town
                                                    Barnet 0-1 Yeovil Town
                                                    Boston United 0-1 Chester
                                                    Hibernian 1-0 St Mirren

70th

Comment

Working...
                                                    X