FRA-POL Take a deep breath everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FRA-POL Take a deep breath everyone

France have to be sharp, here. If they do their oft-worn tactic of pissing about and having a smoke during the game, Poland will be up for it.
    Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 04-12-2022, 12:15.

Lloris has already warned the squad about this, apparently.

Previous WC meeting was the 1982 3rd place playoff, ludicrously just 2 days after the SFs. France are unbeaten in their last 7 meetings (starting in 1990)
    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 04-12-2022, 13:26.

Comment

I think this countdown nonsense can do one.

Comment

Are Poland the most negative team in the WC

Comment

Mbappe seemed well pissed off that he got no support on that break.

Comment

Dublin claiming Dembele put too much on the cross, but the keeper was nowhere and it just needed to be steered towards the goal. I think he played it thinking that Mbappe would be there rather than Giroud and would already be in position.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
              Hope we soon get a referee that agrees and blows for the kick-off while the announcer's half-way through.

Comment

That's what happened at the New York during the Euros for the France-Italy game...

Comment

Poland may not get a better opportunity. Two rebounds and both shots blocked by defenders after Lloris's initial save.

Comment

The OG scores again.

Comment

Giroud buries it for the record and Poland are made to rue those missed chances before h/t.

Comment

Lovely pass.

Comment

I'm not sure that goes in of it doesn't loop up a bit after hitting his other foot.n.

Will be interesting to see how long Giroud holds the French goalscoring record. Mbappé will surely take it off him.

Comment

It wouldn't be so bad if they kicked off at whatever they say after "1" but the actually KO is usually a couple of second afterwards.

Comment

Andres Cantor has his gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooll!!!!!! voice back!

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                I'm not sure that goes in of it doesn't loop up a bit after hitting his other foot.n.

Will be interesting to see how long Giroud holds the French goalscoring record. Mbappé will surely take it off him.
                                Possibly by the time the next World Cup comes around. Maybe even before.

Comment

Giroud buries it for the record and Poland are made to rue those missed chances before h/t.
                                  I wanted the TV camera cutting to Thierry Henry pulling his shirt over his face to hide his crying. The last couple of days have whetted my appetite

Comment

New rule - finger wag at a ref - red card.

Comment

Griezmann is the weak link in this team isn't he? What does he offer?

Comment

I think that should be a goal.

Comment

He can be a passenger at tines, but most French observers are much more concerned about the defence

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                            I think that should be a goal.
                                            Do you mean that the referee shouldn't have blown the whistle, or that that shouldn't matter?

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                              Griezmann is the weak link in this team isn't he? What does he offer?
                                              I was very impressed with him in their first two games, worked the hardest of France's front four players and was great at linking up the defensive midfield duo and his two wide men and lone forward.

As he's just done here.

Comment

He’s seemed a shadow of the player he was 5-6 years ago over the past couple of tournaments.

Have to say that I don’t see what the issue was there - Szczęsny holding his back like he’d been shot…

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

Do you mean that the referee shouldn't have blown the whistle, or that that shouldn't matter?
                                                  No once the whistle had been blown it had to stop. But I don't think he should have blown the whistle. It wasn't a head injury.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X