Group G - Brazil, Cameroon, Serbia, Switzerland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group G - Brazil, Cameroon, Serbia, Switzerland

And so enter Brazil. Will the usual carnival created by their fans happen in Doha, and if not will its absence affect the players?

Choupo-Moting should have passed there, the other Cameroon striker was in a great position.

Comment

Cameroon playing some nice stuff…

Comment

Not that I'm watching, as I don't have a television

But I see that the worthless evil cunt bastard filth have allowed this match to kick off between teams playing in shirts that could be indistinguishable

Comment

Muted celebration from Embolo, there, unsurprisingly.

Comment

Switzerland lead through Embolo scoring the kind of goal that the country of his birth tried several times to score in the first half.

With Brazil to come, Cameroon will need to press now.
            Last edited by Jah Womble; 24-11-2022, 11:31.

Comment

Cameroon seem to get drawn against Brazil an unlucky number of times.

Comment

Who's the ITV commentator in this game? He's got an easy style and there's real chemistry between him and Townsend.

Comment

I think it's Seb Hutchinson.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                    I think it's Seb Hutchinson.

Ta.

I don't want to jump on the anti-Sam Matterface bandwagon*, who I don't think is dreadful, just bland with no recognisable sense of humour or obvious character, but he might want to try to tweak his style to be a bit more like that of his colleague.

* I just have, haven't I.

Comment

Andros Townsend is also a godsend compared to his near-namesake, Clive's mate.

Comment

I did a double take at the earlier post thinking that Clive's mate had suddenly become likeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                          Who's the ITV commentator in this game? He's got an easy style and there's real chemistry between him and Townsend.
                          I'd agree, but something about his voice made him sound a bit "Tuffers".

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Ta.

I don't want to jump on the anti-Sam Matterface bandwagon*, who I don't think is dreadful, just bland with no recognisable sense of humour or obvious character, but he might want to try to tweak his style to be a bit more like that of his colleague.

* I just have, haven't I.
                            I have two main issues with Matterface, which are arguably the same thing. 1. His desperation to have the "They think it's all over" moment, and 2. His complete lack of spontaneity - it feels like he's written everything down beforehand and will try and shoehorn his phrases in regardless of what is happening on the pitch.

Oh, and he sounds really smug and patronising. I'm prepared to admit that I have a blinkered view in this regard though, and can be miles wide of the mark on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post

I have two main issues with Matterface, which are arguably the same thing. 1. His desperation to have the "They think it's all over" moment, and 2. His complete lack of spontaneity - it feels like he's written everything down beforehand and will try and shoehorn his phrases in regardless of what is happening on the pitch.

Oh, and he sounds really smug and patronising. I'm prepared to admit that I have a blinkered view in this regard though, and can be miles wide of the mark on it.

Yes, I'd go along with a lot of that, though I expect that a lot of commentators are itching to deliver an iconic phrase during a big game and have one or two pre-prepared.

Comment

I quite liked Townsend as a co-commentator there, better than Matterface.

No African team has scored yet - very Afcon-like

Comment

Imagine when there are 8 or 9 at a 48 team tournament, plus Canada. Lots of prizes for good build-up, even dominant possession, but out with three (or two in a group of three) 0-1 losses.

Has this also been a randomly bad tournament for countries starting with the letter C? And Q of course (but that's not random at all). E doing OK though, except Egypt not qualifying.
                                  Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 24-11-2022, 16:05.

Comment

Don't know who you're referring to, but they must be bad. I really don't care for Townsend when he's on the Guardian podcast.

Comment

3 fouls in first 70 secobds

Comment

Wow, that through ball was something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post

Don't know who you're referring to, but they must be bad. I really don't care for Townsend when he's on the Guardian podcast.
                                          I think that's Troy Townsend, Andros dad.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

I think that's Troy Townsend, Andros dad.
                                              Whoops

Comment

I have just a rather over-excited report on the first half from my daughter, complete with acting some of the highlights.
                                                Based on her report, Serbia are pretty good but keep crossing the ball over the heads of their forwards, one of the Serbians missed an open goal by letting the ball roll through his legs, Vinicius Junior is useless and has done nothing and Serbia have a good goalkeeper. Also one of the Brazilians has a very strange running style.
                                                I was thinking of going to watch the second with her, but I'm not sure if it won't be more entertaining if I wait for her final report.

Comment

Brazil seem to be the usual throw a few star players on the pitch and hope for the best. It always happens. Even Big Phil succumbed in the end.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X