No announcement yet.

QF 4: GER-SWE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not even sure why that was reviewed if the offside was given.

Comment

Popp gets battered again

Comment

They show these lines and I still can't see the offside.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
          Not even sure why that was reviewed if the offside was given.
          In case the offside call was wrong. If it was, it would have been negated and they would have given the penalty.

The replay they have just shown says it was very, very tight. Like an outstretched arm, only.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
            Unicorn Pool?

Rather like that, yes, but smaller. The unicorn sits in the grass, and is filled with ankle-deep ice-cold water. From nose to tail it measures 1.90 meter.

Comment

With the cooling break and the VAR there is going to be a fair amount of stoppage time. Will Sweden's luck hold?

Comment

6 minutes. Germany to get one more chance, I reckon...

Comment

6 minutes of added time. C'mon Germany. I could watch another half an hour of this

Comment

Was that it? Lovely move, but headed over.

Comment

Sweden now corner-flagging.

Comment

Aslani, who is a yellow card away from missing the Semi, screams at the Assistant for giving a goal-kick instead of a corner. Dozy, but she got away with it.

Comment

All over! Well done Sweden. First team of the knockout to win after trailing.

Comment

The Sweden manager looks the most Scandinavian of all even though his team is almost entirely tall and blonde.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                              Aslani, who is a yellow card away from missing the Semi, screams at the Assistant for giving a goal-kick instead of a corner. Dozy, but she got away with it.
                              I think she's great. Silky skills and sharp edges. Probably my favourite player I'd not heard of before the world cup.

Comment

She is a brilliant player. And vital for Sweden. Their tactics today did rather bypass her, though. Possibly the least influential of any of her performances in this tournament.

Comment

The replays of the Swedish winner shows it probably was a foul. Glas stood on Magull's foot. And the referee (?Frappert) put the whistle to her lips so was clearly considering giving it. But then changed her mind. However, there was too long from that to the goal for complaints to be really justified.

Lindahl was much less solid than in other games. But got away with it.

Comment

Bibiana Steinhaus to ref the final, then?

Comment

Dead cert, I'd think

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                                        In case the offside call was wrong. If it was, it would have been negated and they would have given the penalty.

The replay they have just shown says it was very, very tight. Like an outstretched arm, only.
                                        I thought you couldn't be offside with a part of the body that can't play the ball? (i.e. arms and hands)

Comment

From Law 11 (on the FA website)

"The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered."

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-...w-11---offside

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                            Dead cert, I'd think
                                            I think Steinhaus is injured.

My guess is that it will be Umpierrez for the final.

Comment

Working...
                                            X