The ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ball

Quite liked the look of the ball in the first match tonight. It's called the adidas Conext 19 and I know we all love a bit of marketing blurb for kits and balls, so here you go:

Starring at the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup France™. Dressed in the colours of the competition logo, this seamless football's mono-panel design displays glitched graphics inspired by the 1998 Tricolore ball. Thermally bonded for increased accuracy, a true touch and low water uptake, it has a textured surface that further optimises performance. A FIFA stamp and red valve confirm its quality.

The 1998 ball looked like this:

Comment

Too busy. Not enough white on it. This year's one, not the 1998 version, which is near perfect.

Comment

I thought the ball looked like BB-8 from the new Star Wars films

Comment

Here's the BB-8 ball that was used in the A-League last year.

Comment

Meant to mention - as I'm sure you noticed - that they've started using another ball for the knockouts.

"Introducing the Tricolore 19: the Official Match Ball for the Knockout phase of the FIFA Women’s World Cup France 2019™

The newly designed Tricolore 19, an update of the Conext 19 played in the Group Stages, features a mono-panel aesthetic displaying a blue glitched graphic. The refreshed design is inspired by, and named after, the adidas Tricolore created for the 1998 FIFA World Cup™. It was this year that France last held the competition, with the Host Country also taking the trophy, becoming victors for the first time and on home soil."

Presumably now wanting to sell replicas of these to people who already bought the group stage ball.

Comment

Working...
            X