No announcement yet.

Group C: ITA-BRA-AUS-JAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noticeable make-up: Greenwood the Eng defender has very large false eyelashes

Comment

A couple of the Germans were wearing lipstick the other day, though not as dark so less noticeable.

Alex Greenwood wears false eyelashes when playing, which is pretty hardcore as commitment to makeup goes.

Comment

Slow typing strikes again, gah.

Comment

This is way better than most recent Brazil/Italy men's encounters.

Comment

Janik is definitely going to ding you for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
              Janik is definitely going to ding you for this.
              Heh. It's OK, I can handle another ding-scar.

Comment

Pity about the pen. Hate the bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                  Pity about the pen. Hate the bastards.
                  Penalties or Brazilians?

Comment

Edit - smiley thing.

Comment

Looking like the third-placers in E and F will be booking their flights home as things stand.

Comment

Of course, third in England's group could have a low tally, but Argentina are more likely than Scotland to garner a win in that fixture, going by form.

Comment

Chile will probably do enough v Thailand to get through.

Comment

Another howler of a keeper error in the JAM-AUS game.

Comment

Italy seemed like a very good passing team

Comment

They do. Daft penalty to give away though.

And for Amor, I came across a neat phrase recently (can't remember who it was writing, but I'm 99% sure it was a Woman) for what I was fumbling at pre-tournament - "Don't frame Women's Football in the context of the Men's game."

Comment

I do absolutely agree with that. My comment was really more about the twenty-two players wearing blue and yellow today, putting on a more thrilling and entertaining display than I've seen from other players wearing the same shirts in recent times.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                    This is way better than most recent Brazil/Italy men's encounters.
                                    It wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. I enjoyed that it was a close game that both teams seemed to prepare to try and win, because there haven't been many games like that so far. But Italy were disappointing in the second half, and both teams made a lot of really amateurish, careless errors. They both deserve to qualify, but they're not good enough to get beyond a round or, given Italy's likely opponents, two. But there's great individual quality in the Italian team, maybe they just need more time together. Brazil's squad is strikingly old, although Debinha was a delight to watch in patches.

Comment

Originally posted by multipleman78 View Post
                                      Chile will probably do enough v Thailand to get through.
                                      They go last, so Cameroon/NZ/Nigeria/whoever will be pinning their hopes on the Thai goalkeeper having the game of her life.

Meanwhile, Italy have provided another Guardian "Knowledge" question, with seven G's in their starting line-up. Beat that.

Comment

Working...
                                      X