Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KO 3 - Sweden v Belgium

Leigh?

One of Belgium's players is absolutely tiny. I haven't seen them play yet this tournament.

Comment

I’m rooting for Belgium because Davina Philtjens is 4ft11in and better suits the nickname Pocket Rocket than anybody since Henri Richard.

Comment

I'm enjoying the little and large look down the Belgian left side. Reminds me of when I used to play left back as a youth.

Comment

Really nice run and finish gets chalked off by a whiff of chalk dust.

Comment

Sweden piling on the pressure to start the second half. It seems like only a matter of time before they score.
            ​​​​​
            So I'm predicting that Belgium will catch them out on the break.

Comment

This isn't very good. Neither of these teams look like they will trouble England either.

Comment

Quite a lot of miscommunications between the Swedes. A few Popp dummies could have opened things up, but instead there's an overstretch and the ball runs away from both yellow shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheep View Post
                  This isn't very good. Neither of these teams look like they will trouble England either.
                  It's definitely not a game where you crave extra time. Perhaps VAR can be useful for once, and manufacture a ridiculous last minute penalty to spare us.

Comment

Can't watch this game but following it online. The shot count is insane, Sweden have 28 to Belgium's 2 and are 8 to 0 in on target ones.

Edit : text update now says 30 Swedish shots!

Comment

Yeah, Belgium have defended in numbers, Sweden haven't had the creativity to break them down. I don't think we can rule out either of them challenging England as they struggled to break down Austria who played in similar fashion to Belgium, and Sweden are likely to be more effective against a side that doesn't pack the defence.

Comment

Phew. Not thirty more minutes of that.

Comment

Inevitably within ten seconds of me saying to my wife that no-one will ever score, I'm proved wrong...

Comment

I can understand why Belgium chose to play this particular game plan, but as a result they didn't manage a single shot on target all game. Sweden deserves their semi final spot.

Comment

Thank goodness for that. Hopefully tomorrow's quarter will lived up to its billing and we can forget this one.

Comment

Bit of an anticlimax this game, but Sweden deserved the win.

Comment

Worst game of the tournament so far, I reckon. Dull, dull, dull. But it's over, so that is a plus.

Comment

Working...
                                  X