Knock out game 1 - England v Spain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well a win’s a win I suppose.

If you chose a best eleven from the game I England might provide Earps, Bronze and Walsh and that might be it. The game can be cruel.

No comment on here about Earps’ finger tip save to stop a mis-hit cross cum shot when England were one down, which was both outstanding and vital.

Comment

Tbf the winning goal was the kind of goal that deserves to be a winning goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post
        I don’t think TAB was being serious.
        I genuinely wonder would that goal have been ruled out if it wasn't the hosts chasing an equalizer.

And of course the goal was reviewed by VAR, all goals are. Sometimes VAR doesn't act, particularly if the ref says "I saw it it and it was grand."

Comment

FWIW, with somebody without any skin in the game, I didn't think it was a foul.

Comment

England might provide Earps, Bronze and Walsh and that might be it.
            I'd have Bright and Stanway in too, though the latter was heavily and well tracked for most of the night. And Spain's superiority was manifest for 80 minutes - 2-0 looked likelier than 1-1 at that point. If they'd played like that against Germany they'd probably be going all the way.

Comment

I can't honestly see it as a foul either, would have been a very soft one- Alan Shearer elbowing Carlos Roa in the face this was not.

Best game so far? Either side would have been worthy winners. If Putellas and Jennifer Hermoso are back and firing by next year Spain will be a factor at the World cup.

Liked the Amex, an atmospheric ground with comfy seats, and the logistics of getting away and back to town ran smoothly. Although queuing for the train after a Brighton-Palace game might be a bit less chill, I dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by Nesta View Post
                Liked the Amex, an atmospheric ground with comfy seats, and the logistics of getting away and back to town ran smoothly.
                For balance can I just also say lol seaweeds shit in your dressing room and knock you out of the playoffs Zaha 69,88

Comment

I did notice from the TV pics that there seemed to be more Brighton shirts being worn in the crowd than host club shirts at other Euros venues. I trust your Top Boys fronted them up Nesta

Comment

Yeah, the Nifty Fifty, Dirty Thirty, Naughty Forty and Twenty's Plenty all out in force, taking the piss on Brighton's manor (Pease Pottage services). Old Bill know fuck all
                    Last edited by Nesta; 21-07-2022, 10:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Nesta View Post
                      I can't honestly see it as a foul either, would have been a very soft one- Alan Shearer elbowing Carlos Roa in the face this was not.
                      Technically it probably is a foul, as the laws of Football say the only legal bit of contact is shoulder to shoulder. But then technically the Spanish defender kicking at the ball, missing and getting both of Lauren Hemp's shins instead was the same. Neither is substantial enough of a foul for VAR to overturn the ref's on-field calls of no penalty and no foul.

Comment

After reports claiming mass resignations from the Spanish squad, Putellas has responded, stating that they are open to negotiations with RFEF, and don't want the coach sacked:

https://twitter.com/alexiaputellas/status/1573350333417488385
                        ​​​

Comment

Snake Plissken Should this forum be moved to the tournament archive section? I keep going to it by mistake!

Comment

Working...
                          X