Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knock out game 1 - England v Spain

Surprised there wasn't a thread yet.

England are favourites. I think they'll edge it.

Not much of a crowd expected, by the look of it.

9718AD79-32CA-4F64-8960-C768A537289D.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
      Not much of a crowd expected, by the look of it.

9718AD79-32CA-4F64-8960-C768A537289D.jpg
      If that's not nicked for the next Howl, I'd be surprised

Comment

BBC doing their usual dirty, cynical foreigner routine. Ironically for a foul on the angelic Georgia Stanway.

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Christ
          Spain bossing it.
          Yep. Putting the pressure on.

Comment

Indeed. That disallowed goal seems to have woken England up a bit. A bit less hoofball for a few minutes with the forwards having a chance to control the ball and do something with it.

Comment

Really intruiging match.

Comment

I've enjoyed the football a lot, although the commentators are almost getting to Matterface level of annoyance (almost) with their one-eyed-ness. Their refusal to recognise that Ellen White was offside being the cherry on the "cheating foreigners" cake.

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Christ
                  England are there for the taking. They look like they’re playing the occasion. Spain just need a bit of composure up front and they’re en route to a comfortable win.
                  I dunno I think they have more of a goal threat than Spain and just taking a rare chance is going to be key. England 1 - 0 for me. White to score.

Comment

That marking was suboptimal.

Comment

Really good goal, great possession crowned with a skillful assist and a composed finish.

Comment

Originally posted by lambers View Post
                        I've enjoyed the football a lot, although the commentators are almost getting to Matterface level of annoyance (almost) with their one-eyed-ness. Their refusal to recognise that Ellen White was offside being the cherry on the "cheating foreigners" cake.
                        I thought it was me, and just now trying to claim that as a penalty was absolute rubbish.

Comment

Enough with the diving already.

Comment

Finally some shots in the general direction of the target.

Comment

The Spanish no. 10 that came on at the half has had the English LB on toast multiple times now. England finally getting to grips around the box; unable to get even a decent shot on target though.

Comment

England not taking their rare chances. Spain converting their one so far.

Comment

The difference between getting past Daly compared to Bronze is remarkable. Clever substitution bringing on Del Castillo. Spain are making hay down the right.

Comment

Well, this isn't quite as disappointing from England as I thought. I only turned the game on just before he second half kicked off, so in ignorance of the first half thought Spain had taken the lead despite having had a player sent off.

Took a long time to belatedly dawn on me that's not a red card symbol next to ESP at the top of the screen, but just the little strip showing team colours. The dark blue below it vanishes at a casual glance because it's almost identical to the dark purplish-blue background. And the equivalent coloured strip next to ENG didn't jump out because it's all white, and is adjacent to another white block with the match clock on. D'oh!

Comment

And Daly's off. Beat me to it, Scratchmonkey.

Comment

This is the first time I have watched England in this tournament. It's not really what I was imagining from the media coverage. They're... not very good, are they?

Comment

Oh, that was really nice!

Comment

And great work ad hoc with the reverse psychology...

Comment

That was a decent goal (assuming no VAR). Spain had started defending deeper and deeper giving England space 40 yards out to make something.

Comment

I do like Ella Toone and kudos to her for the first knee slide I've seen this tournament.

Comment

Well, that's more like it.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X