Game 18: Austria - Norway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game 18: Austria - Norway

Feiersinger hits the crossbar. Unless they improve drastically, Norway may be on their way out. They need a win.

Austria have started like the team that needs to win

Comment

And Hegerberg literally needs to up her game considerably after a rather wretched tournament to date.

Comment

Deserved lead for Austria - Hanshaw cross leads to a powered Billa header.

Comment

Lovely assist by Hanshaw, headed home by Billa, to put Austria 1-0 up. They deserve the lead.

edit: what DR said.

Comment

True, Austria is the better team by far.

Comment

What you both said. I cant support a team that lets 8 in agin England so "Immer wieder, Österreich"

Comment

It took this game for me to realise that BBC3 was on broadcast TV again.

I've been impressed with Austria. One of the best defenses so far in the tournament, and not toothless in attack. So how long will it take for a defensive howler to prove me wrong?

Comment

Norway just generated a bit of a chance, but the Austrian defense was hardly to blame for it. Curious to learn how they will hold up against Germany, if the balance in this game doesn't tilt.

Comment

The amount of time Makas had there to double the lead was something else.

Comment

75 minutes gone, and Norway had zero attempts on target.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheep View Post
                        The amount of time Makas had there to double the lead was something else.
                        Yeah, that will definitely be haunting if Norway somehow sneak this.

Comment

They should mibbe punt Graham Hansen and give Graham Bell a call

Comment

At no point this evening have I thought Norway would get a win from this game. There was one moment early on when there was a ball played in for Hegerberg and you could see her vision and movement being a step above everyone else's, but the ball was intercepted and cleared, and she's done nothing since. Austria were better against England and have been the better team tonight. They're creating chances now, but we're into stoppage time and it all feels a bit too late.

Comment

Yeah, Austria thoroughly deserved their win tonight, and their QF spot on the whole. They're properly celebrating it too.

Comment

Not surprisingly, 87% of rhe respondents thinks the Norway coach should be sacked in Norwegian TV2's ongoing poll.

Comment

Sorry, 89 per cent.

Comment

Suspect the other 13% think sacking him is too kind. Norway were disgracefully bad tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
                                      And Hegerberg literally needs to up her game considerably after a rather wretched tournament to date.
                                      She played well in the first game

As for sacking the coach(es). Shiels is already talking about the 2025 tournament. He's endearingly bonkers, but not for 3 more years...

Comment

Big fan of the Austrian celebrations...

https://twitter.com/LouiseErinGolby/status/1548059450291802117

I know it's gauche to celebrate like you've won the world cup when you've merely reached the last eight of the euros and also it would be a tragedy if someone slips on a wet floor because those signs were moved, but it's also quite fun.

Comment

Aye. It's gauche to celebrate scoring when you're 3-0 down. But I did it anyway

Comment

Working...
                                          X