Floreat Ultonia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by longeared View Post
    I went in the Wellington a few years since. Has it still got the Wednesday pennant at the end of the bar?
    No, that landlord retired. It wasn't the pennant that annoyed me, it was the newspaper articles in the gents from the 2004/05 season, showing Wednesday beating Brentford in the playoffs.

Comment

So NI need a replacement striker against Austria. I predict Caitlin McGuinness

Comment

Comment

Shiels says that giving the younger fringe players game time against Austria was more important than scrambling a draw

I'll have some of whatever he's smoking

Comment

Wouldnt the closing minutes of the last game have been the best time to throw on kids?
            Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 13-07-2022, 04:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
              Shiels says that giving the younger fringe players game time against Austria was more important than scrambling a draw

I'll have some of whatever he's smoking
              Kenny Shiels sensibly realises that Northern Ireland wouldn't have survived the heatwave next week if they'd qualified for the next round and getting them safely back to belfast where it'll be a full 13 degress colder is his priority.

Comment

Cheeky. Norn Iron is plenty hot in July- all those bonfires

Comment

Shiels started planning for Euro 2025* with his substitutions in all three games, giving all the outfield players a go. Not forgetting cap centurion HUtton who got a cameo last night before announcing her retirement. Even the reserve keepers might have got on, not least as Burns can get a bit over-excited, showing anger to Stavanger or taking a Wiener to the cleaners

*can't see it tbh. he's bound to say something daft well before then, and he would be nearly 70 anyway. I predict the next coach will be female, 40-ish and not from NI

Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 16-07-2022, 10:38.

Comment

So we managed the goal I hoped for but were never close to a point. And Finland comfortably avoided the wooden spoon on goal difference

Of the veterans, Hutton retired after the game on Friday, but Nelson says she's looking forward to the last 2 WC qualifiers in Autumn. No word yet from Callaghan, McFadden and Furness

Comment

Right, with our lot back to their day jobs and preparation for the closing WC qualifiers, I'd best pick a team.

Arriba Espana- they're getting better and not just trying to walk it in, like Arsenal in the Prof's last days. Also, good wishes to outsiders Austria and Belgium

Interested to hear the AEB and ABE take on this

Comment

Comment

To little surprise eccentric boss shiels has gone. Next, a Forty ish foreign female but George C.​​​​​C.id interested

Comment

Erm, no.

To manage a national team, the country would have to actually exist...

Comment

You Fenians need new material

Comment

Aye, but soon there'll be a 'new' country...

Comment

Any progress on that?

Comment

Working...
                                  X