No announcement yet.

Finalists & Draw (date tbc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you miss out on some? I could have done with missing out on a couple of games tbh, gonna be some cheap ass christmas presents coming the way of my nearest and d.

Comment

Another selling window has opened for tickets that weren't taken up after the last ballot. I had a quick look and games for England's group and the knock-out stages are among those listed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wikipedia
        In February 2022, the Russia were suspended following their country's invasion of Ukraine.[7] UEFA have yet to announce how their suspension impacts the tournament
        So, some possible options

1 Czechia (lost to Russia in the play-offs) take the last place

2 It's offered to Ukraine as a gesture of support

3 Just go ahead with 15 teams

Over to you panel...

Comment

It was Portugal who lost to Russia in the playoffs. Hope Checkia or Ukraine get the nod though, just to still have some representation from, er, East of the Oder as it were.

Comment

Nesta thanks, my careless error above. Agree that Eastern European representation would be good

Comment

Obviously it should go to Scotland - they wouldn't have far to travel, so that would save on fuel in these times of low supply, high prices and eco-awareness.

Comment

Svetlana's out, Sweaties in

Comment

Tickets on general sale this morning. Got Netherlands v Sweden and the semi-final at Bramall Lane, plus the quarter final at the New York.

Surprised it was that easy to get tickets for the semi given it could/should be England involved. The others don't seem to be particularly over-subscribed though. As I suspected, clearly wasn't much need to fret about ballots unless you were going for the guaranteed England games (although the one at Old Trafford still isn't sold out) or the final.

Comment

You're teasing us UEFA. Update please

Comment

Nothing yet...

Comment

Just out of interest, have any of the people who booked in the early round of ticket sales last summer (as I did) heard anything further about their purchases yet? IIRC there was a need to provide mobile phone numbers as the tickets were all going to be through an App. Anyone been asked for those and ticket holder names, for example? I haven't heard anything as yet, though seeing as UEFA took my money I'm assuming I've got the tickets as booked...
                        Last edited by Janik; 12-04-2022, 20:15.

Comment

Serbia beating Germany is quite a result.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                            Just out of interest, have any of the people who booked in the early round of ticket sales last summer (as I did) heard anything further about their purchases yet? IIRC there was a need to provide mobile phone numbers as the tickets were all going to be through an App. Anyone been asked for those and ticket holder names, for example? I haven't heard anything as yet, though seeing as UEFA took my money I'm assuming I've got the tickets as booked...
                            Nothing here. However, as UEFA are fond of telling us that we are a family, we'll probably bump into them at a distant cousin's wedding sometime between now and kick off.

Comment

Yeah nothing here. Got the opener, Spain v Denmark at Brentford, MK semi final (yeah I know ) and the final

Ticket email says they'll email closer to the time. Guess they like to keep timescales short for security/touting purposes

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post

Nothing here. However, as UEFA are fond of telling us that we are a family, we'll probably bump into them at a distant cousin's wedding sometime between now and kick off.
                                UEFA Lost in Music. The killer slogan

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                                  UEFA are fond of telling us that we are a family
                                  Well, one of the tickets is for my sister. And she is my only sibling, which makes her all of them.

Comment

Email update from UEFA this morning that the tickets will be distributed not before mid-June. Wonder why they leave it so late?

Comment

Does that mean they'll have decided who is actually playing in the tournament by then

Comment

Russia still showing at 100/1 with William Hill today...

Comment

Comment

Comment

From a friend of mine who lives in Iceland:

"I would have liked the opportunity to have come over to watch an Iceland game or two, but the FA/UEFA decided that we would compete at a village hall in Manchester that holds less than 5000.

The Icelandic FA got an original allocation of 600 tickets (later upgraded to around 1000), despite taking something like 2500-3000 to Euro 17 in Holland. I think we would have brought 5000-6000 with us for this tournament, but it's not to be."

Comment

That's a scandalous shame. And how is it beyond our human powers to change at a couple of months' notice to a bigger venue? It's not like England's lacking in football stadiums.

Comment

England have announced a preliminary squad of 35

Comment

I haven't paid enough attention, but can't the semi final be switched from Milton Keynes? How much of a cut is the club getting? Bramall Lane is an odd choice too.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X