Drip drip dripping Germany's squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drip drip dripping Germany's squad

The brains in Germany's DFB have decided to release the names of players who'll be called up in drips, rather than one announcement with a list. Here by an "influencer", there by a celebrity or a programme, or even by a player himself (Füllkrug)... Some have been obvious (Neuer), others surpising (Schlotterbeck, the first announcement) and even mystifying (Robin Koch?).

The idea is to raise the public's interest, presumably to create talking points. Or, as in Schlotterbeck's nomination, a crying point. Koch's announcement will have put to rest any thoughts of Hummels getting called up.

It might be a clever way of announcing call-ups, and of taking the sting out of some of the more questionable decisions. I don't really like it, though. It's random, and ethically one may ask: Why choose this "influencer" over another? And why do you feel you need to fuck with the function of the press? What is this obsession of trying to be seen to be hip and groovy by going through "influencers" and fashion designers?

What's next? A DJ announcing Toni Kroos' nomination at a trance event? Ter Stegen's nomination conveyed through the medium of interpretative dance? A plane flying a banner over the Poison Gas Arena in Leverkusen to drop the news of Florian Wirtz' selection?

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm..._tom_announce/

(Maximilian Mittelstädt)

I kind of like this one?

Comment

That is cool. There's a direct connection between Schilling and Mittelstädt.

Even if I think Mittelstädt will be a disaster for Germany. The possibility of him, Schlotterbeck and Koch together in defence against any half-decent team makes me want to cry. Like Major Tom in Schilling's song, these guys will have no idea where they or their colleagues are at times.

"Völlig losgelöst von ihr'm Strafraum...Im Kontrollzentrum, da wird man panisch​..."

Comment

Michelstadt is a village near grandad G-Man gaff

Comment

Are they going to start announcing them at 10:15 Saturday Night?

Comment

Bob Dylan considers rewrite.

Comment

Working...
            X