Favourite Goal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Goal

Morata v Croatia. Takes it down with his left then thumps it in with his right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySyM...channel=ESPNFC

Chiesa's three-touch master-class v Austria - one touch to control a difficult ball, a second touch to nudge it to the left of the defender and set up the shot, third touch the shot itself - low and hard and perfectly placed.

Comment

Two more Italian goals for consideration are barella's goal where he ran through the defence while essentially leaning over at the waist, before nearly ripping the net off, highlighting the almost supernatural balance of the modern footballer. Also worth consideration is the third italian goal in the first game, which was highlighted by damien duff as multiple consecutive instances of something that they drill into young players, of if the ball is coming across you, stop the ball with the leg furthest from the ball, and play it with the leg nearest the ball. It's the most efficient and accurate way to receive and move the ball on, and the defence couldn't cope with it.

Still though, it has to be pogba's goal against switzerland. A goal somewhat lost in the rush to blame him for losing the ball in midfield when pressed simultaneously by three players, with only kante and the back four in position behind him to guard against mishap.

Comment

I love Barella goal. It reminds me a bit of that Messi mini-masterpiece from eight or nine years ago, where he controlled a long ball on the thigh and slotted him. Barella's is not the same as that but every touch was crucial and economical.

Comment

The first Benzema goal v Switzerland was classy.

Chiesa (described by imp above) and Kalajdzic (diving header) goals in Italy v Austria (two goals of the tournament in one period of extra time)
          Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 15-07-2021, 12:18.

Comment

It's fairly trite, but the one where a player shot from the halfway line and scored, and then we got to see afterwards that it wasn't only the distance but the ball also swerved by about 20 yards as well. Oh, and the goalie, in trying to stop it, smashed up the goal.
            Helpful that it was scored by my team, an' all.

Comment

Insigne's goal should be added to the long list of Italian beauties, but Janik is right

Comment

Yeah Schick no.1 without doubt. I'd have Benzema against Swiss at 2, and maybe the Ronaldo goal against Hungary as no.3.

Comment

Schick’s deserves the honour, but I have a soft spot for Turkey’s one-and-only successful strike - Kahveci vs Switzerland.

Comment

Locatelli's first goal against Switzerland.

Comment

Only three of this ten have been mentioned so far

Comment

I'd forgotten de Bruyne's goal, I shouldn't have.

Comment

Can't find a clip that does the Locatelli goal justice, one that shows how he starts the play from his own half with a beautiful laser like volley pass out to the wing.

UEFA blocking everything in YouTube, arseholes.

Comment

UEFA have uploaded all the goals in one clip, with some shitty guitar music.

Locatelli's goal, with the full passage of play, starts at 7:29. Definitely the best one-two of the tournament.
                            Last edited by anton pulisov; 20-07-2021, 18:25.

Comment

Working...
                            X