Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What channel will you watch the final on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What channel will you watch the final on?

I'm going German.

Can you get a RAI feed online somewhere..?

Comment

The Beeb, not that I find ITV as bad as many others seem to. They don't even have aggravating adverts this time.

Comment

The BBC if we've got any choice in the matter (we're out for it but in a small enough place that we should have some say).

When the ratings are announced on Monday morning, whatever the ITV figure is, I'll be amazed that that many people chose ITV over BBC, particularly after Wednesday's performance.

Comment

100% BBC for me - as annoying as Jenas is, Mowbray is so much more bearable than Twatterface.

Comment

Prime TV NZ, thank you for asking. The standard international feed (I'm guessing Peter Drury, unless they give Martin Tyler one last trot before sending him to the farm upstate).

No panel, no studio intro, just straight into it. Which means we start in the tunnel and watch the cursory inspections, the officials' nervous rituals, the hanging around which seems to take forever. But with Covid restrictions we don't get the awkwardness of both teams standing together, I miss that. Seeing who greets a club team-mate, the keepers hug, who carefully ignores the opposition, etc.

Main thing is, commentary for a global audience. Biased, sure - but kept in check. Thankful for that.

Comment

Think I'm going for ZDF via VPN

Comment

I'm not sure if it's on ZDF or Das Erste.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                  The Beeb, not that I find ITV as bad as many others seem to. They don't even have aggravating adverts this time.
                  Yeah, BBC. Adverts are aggravating simply by being inserted into live sport. It's always nice to hear Ned Boulting's contempt for the adverts on ITV4's coverage of the Tour de France.

Comment

i've found ITV's pundits a little more insightful, but that doesn't begin to make up for the adverts, prize draw, Pougatch and Matterface. So it will be the Beeb, if i watch at all. Maybe Rio Ferdinand will break his own record for largest spread between knees while seated.

Comment

BBC. Sam Matterface and the adverts squeezed in at every opportunity make ITV too awful to contemplate.

Spare me a thought though. Unless she manages to get someone to swap today, my wife has a late shift tomorrow at her nursing home that will mean she won't be home until half-time. Perhaps rashly, I've agreed not to watch the first half, but record it and watch the whole thing later with her. Of course, should England win I doubt very much that our time-lagged bubble will be sufficient to preserve us from the real world intruding in the shape of shouting neighbours, car horns and fireworks. Conversely, an ominous silence will tell us that the result went the other way. I might be able to make up some of the delay by fast-forwarding every time Kane falls over, Pickford boots the ball directly into touch or Shaw takes five minutes dithering over a throw-in, but I'm not hopeful. Sigh.

Comment

BBC for me. Matterface is truly awful.

Comment

Rte, God knows George Hamilton and Ray Houghton are annoying enough, but any alternative is far worse. I don't watch the pre or half time rubbish, and change channels immediately at full time , so studio experts are less of a thing for me.

Comment

ESPN in the US but only because I can't understand Spanish.

Comment

I'd love an ambient noise feed, tbh.

Comment

BBC, but depending on the people chosen I might use the Five Live commentary feed.

Comment

I volunteer to watch ITV if no one else wants to. I enjoy GNev, Keane, Hayes and Wrighty more than Shearer and Ferdinand, and I just find Matterface laughable rather than infuriating.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                    BBC, but depending on the people chosen I might use the Five Live commentary feed.
                                    We tried that for the QF and it was a long way behind others. Cheering from neighbours and posting about goals on forums while on our screen the ball was still in the other half etc.

BBC TV I think for us.

Comment

Out of curiosity, does STV get different commentary from ITV?

Comment

Originally posted by Sunderporinostesta View Post

We tried that for the QF and it was a long way behind others. Cheering from neighbours and posting about goals on forums while on our screen the ball was still in the other half etc.

BBC TV I think for us.
                                        To clarify, I meant BBC live TV with Five Live commentary on the red button. They sync it up.

The iPlayer / BBC Sounds app are generally 30-60 seconds behind the live pictures.

Comment

I can only imagine that people who actively choose ITV in this situation are the sorts who pay to visit prostitutes who will attach electrified clamps to sensitive parts of their anatomies.

Comment

ESPN and hoping for Darke/Robson so Taylor Twellman isn't around, although he hasn't been as bad as in the past. He finally learned how to do some research instead of just relying on being an ex-footballer who says things that anybody could say.

Comment

As constant as the North Star, RTE continue to be the Irish broadcaster for all major tournaments - they did share Euro 2016 with Virgin Media, but the latter have wound down their sports coverage in recent years, and are now down to half the Six Nations matches, and a Nations League contract that they'll probably decline to renew.

Comment

Pro TV

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                                                  Out of curiosity, does STV get different commentary from ITV?
                                                  No, it doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X