No announcement yet.

Calling an emergency session of the Central Committee of the AEB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The worst pizzas I've ever eaten were in Spain and Denmark, both of whom have won tournaments.

There's a place round the corner that does "Pizza Dänemark". It's a pizza base topped with the contents of a Danish hot dog, including the yellow gloop that looks like school custard.

Comment

I went out earlier to pick up a vacuum cleaner and while I was waiting (forJohn Lewis) bought (in Waitrose) a sourdough pizza, some Italian olives, risotto rice, prawns, Chianti Clasico, Fiano, veal mince, mozzarella, fancy Peroni double malt, plus my brother-in-law sent me some 'Giuseppe' (Garibaldi-themed) beers so I think I'm sorted. And our dining room window is a a wall of basil.

Comment

I had an absolutely fucking appalling pizza in Argentina which really challenged my "there's no such thing as bad pizza" belief.

Comment

I had a very odd pizza in Iceland, with, like, scallops on and shit. Kinda enjoyed it though.

(No anti-England implications of mentioning Iceland, honest guv)
          Last edited by DCI Harry Batt; 10-07-2021, 17:01.

Comment

https://twitter.com/jonlis1/status/1413840875554226182/photo/1

Comment

"I'm sorry raheem, but King arthur has returned from Avalon, yeah, I was as surprised as you, but anyway he says he's an inverted left winger, and he's got a big fucking sword, and you've just got a tattoo of a gun, so You're out I'm afraid."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                  I had an absolutely fucking appalling pizza in Argentina which really challenged my "there's no such thing as bad pizza" belief.
                  Yeah I ditched that belief after my first experience of pizza in China. The manager of our school bought the staff pizza from pizza hut (which explains a lot). It included such classics as peperoni with raisins, and a seafood pizza where the tomato sauce had been replaced with wasabi.

Comment

So William Hill must be really, really confident of an Italian victory. Either that or some rather restrictive terms and conditions.

Comment

Comment

Jesus fucking wept.

Comment

"Look at least it's not a white supremacist in a helmet. We've grown, and made our learnings"

Comment

'...our respect for our elders...' He's planning on bringing himself on for the last five minutes, isn't he.

Comment

Comment

"Our readers are moving from nostalgia into senility, we're worried about the sustainability of our jobs."

Comment

I believe Channel 4 are also broadcasting a colourised version of THAT FINAL tonight.

Comment

The thread escalated with a direct smear: "Look, there are a lot of people in this thread who have an emotional investment that not supporting England makes them a good person." Reading the thread as "both sides attacking each other" is inaccurate.

Comment

Originally posted by ooh aah View Post
                                      So William Hill must be really, really confident of an Italian victory. Either that or some rather restrictive terms and conditions.
                                      Is the the 30/1 odds? I believe the small print says a maximum bet of £1 and the "winnings" are paid out in free bets. So, you know, usual cunts trick.

Comment

I was thinking: are there other countries where a sizeable chunk of natives would be actively wishing their country to lose?

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                          I was thinking: are there other countries where a sizeable chunk of natives would be actively wishing their country to lose?
                                          Spain?

Comment

Your adopted one, of course, given Basques and Catalans have a complicated relationship, to put it mildly, with La Roja - similar issues in Romania, I'd imagine, with the native Hungarians.

Comment

There used to be a fairly sizeable anti-German movement amongst German leftists, who would see any success for the national team as grist for german nationalism which had to be dampened down at all costs because of Nazism. I don't know how big it is though. A Facebook friend decried the 7-1 as a terrible day for football, and for Germany in particular (I later unfriended him on the grounds of his sickening racism towards Palestinians).

Comment

For independence reasons, yes, some people.

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
                                                  Your adopted one, of course, given Basques and Catalans have a complicated relationship, to put it mildly, with La Roja - similar issues in Romania, I'd imagine, with the native Hungarians.
                                                  Certainly not all Basques and Catalans, though.

Comment

Is there a "sizeable chunk" of anti-England people among those you'd designate as English? I'm not so sure. Although of course sizeable is as sizeable does.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X