Strangely Not Hurting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strangely Not Hurting

I think I've changed somehow. This isn't hurting at all and I feel delighted for the England players. OTOH I'm in Florida and not having GSTQ and 3 Lions coming through the window.

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
    I think I've changed somehow. This isn't hurting at all and I feel delighted for the England players. OTOH I'm in Florida and not having GSTQ and 3 Lions coming through the window.
    Similar here.

Comment

Not English, but enjoyed the match and feel good for the English team and manager.

Comment

I think it's a case of "if not now, if not this lot, then when and who?". Obviously some will say "nobody, ever" but I don't feel that way.

It's enjoyable to watch England win on the international feed, no panel, no wall-to-wall tabloid drivel, just a fairly ordinary football match with some decent people involved. Happy for Sterling and Southgate, among others. (Was happy for Germany at various recent tournaments, including 2014).

Sure, the post-match celebrations have QF elimination written all over them, but that's the norm for England anyway, so nothing new there.

Comment

It is my goal to live to 2066 and sing "100 years of hurt"

Comment

I watched the game in a pub in Banchory with Erskine Bridges. I utterly exhausted and didn't care whether England won or not and I enjoyed far more for that. I didn't cheer when we scored or celebrate the win and yeah the lack of 3 lions belting out was a definite plus. I didn't realise how fed up I am with the song.

Comment

I’m in this boat too. Detachedly pleased for England without any anxiety. Should they reach the final it might become a little harder to remain so.

Comment

Comment

That's hilarious. It looks like they've just shrunk him like in a weird version of Fantastic Voyage where he's standing on something that's been repaired with red duct tape.

Comment

It's an interesting admission that he sees himself as PM of England specifically.

Comment

He admits that with almost everything he does on a daily basis.

Comment

I'm about as far away from England as I can be and I no longer regularly associate with any English expats of a certain type so I'm not hearing too much of the 'Rule Brittania', 'Football's Coming Home', 'Three Lions' stuff but I still fear a win will result in many many years of hearing about it, similar to what happened after '66. I do like the current manager though. I'm remaining neutral at this stage. My wife is half Italian, so if it's England vs. Italy in the final...

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                          You know he had the Nationwide Building Society "Respect" logo cropped out of that?

Comment

I have enjoyed watching England. The coaching has been excellent, the standard of play extremely effective. A range of different players have performed very well. I hope they win the lot and that then, led by Stirling and Rashford they boycott any receptions staged by the government. I hope winning the tournament would give such players an even stronger platform for their work on social issues.

In truth though I would take any of three teams winning it. So it's Spain's trophy now.

Comment

Working...
                            X