• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swedish coach miming diving at Shevchenko

Comment

Wow, what an end to a game.

Comment

Think of all the memories Sweden will have of this tournament.

Comment

Ha

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
            Swedish coach miming diving at Shevchenko
            Sheva should kick him in the knee.

Comment

Happy for Sheva. Ukraine was dynamite against Holland, and obviously Austria was much better than first thought.

This has England 3:0 written all over it, but Ukraine certainly can score from wide. They have a 10% chance I’d say.

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
                How is that knee to the face different, then?
                Because it wasn't a studs up out of control challenge.

Comment

I can see Ukraine grinding something out against England. I think the Swedes would have given them less of a test. Maybe 70-30 in England's favour.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post

Because it wasn't a studs up out of control challenge.
                    It was a knee in the face out of control challenge

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                      I can see Ukraine grinding something out against England. I think the Swedes would have given them less of a test. Maybe 70-30 in England's favour.
                      Zinchenko looking good, Yarmolenko unlikely to be fit, so I'd give them 10% of a chance

Comment

Well the commentators seemed to be bored to death by this game but I thoroughly enjoyed that. Fair play to Ashley Williams for sounding completely fed up with the constant England cringe coming from Pearce, Logan and Alex Scott.

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post

Zinchenko looking good, Yarmolenko unlikely to be fit, so I'd give them 10% of a chance
                          What was Yarmolenko's injury again? I lost track of what players were being stretchered off for by the end, it was like an episode of M*A*S*H.

Comment

Not sure what the complaint is about Sweden's red card. You're not allowed to slide in with your studs up and that's that, it doesn't matter if he was just going for the ball and didn't think there was another player in the way as that's inherently dangerous play.

There was another Swedish player who did a similar sliding challenge to clear the ball from the edge of the Swedish penalty area in extra time but didn't collide with another player, and I thought he was lucky to get away with that.

Comment

Yarmolenko was limping, but there hasn't been any detailed report

Comment

The (unnecessary) slo-mo replays during the extra time break had his knee bending in all sorts of directions that it shouldn’t. Why he was walking around the pitch rather than stretchered off I’ll never know.

Comment

Yarmalenko wasn't the victim of the red card challenge though, or are you not saying that?

Comment

Oh, got my challenges mixed up.

Comment

Danielson's red card challenge was on Besedin

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                        The (unnecessary) slo-mo replays during the extra time break had his knee bending in all sorts of directions that it shouldn’t. Why he was walking around the pitch rather than stretchered off I’ll never know.
                                        Amen to that. I'll also have no idea why there's only 800 rescuers in Miami instead of having 6 aircraft carriers parked off the coast to make it 80,000.

Let's have the guy limp 40 yards to the touchline, another 60 yards, then however many else to the lockers. Idiotic.

Comment

At the very end they cut to Besedin where he was sat and the poor man was just crying and being consoled by someone. I expect he's in a hospital in Glasgow now. I hope he's being looked after well.

Comment

Swedish people I know saying Danielson got to the ball first. Besides that being irrelevant to dangerous play, he only got to the ball first by diving in studs first. If he had tried to run to the ball fairly like Besedin did, Besedin would have gotten there first.

Comment

Working...
                                            X