All rise for the race - SWE-UKR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All rise for the race - SWE-UKR

The last tie of the last 16. Sweden finally got round to entertaining us in the final game against Poland, but might revert to the more defensive game again now it's a knock out. Ukraine started the group stages fairly brightly before fading and ended up qualifying with the poorest record.
    0-0 and penalties is my prediction, but I look forward to being proved wrong.

Must admit to being baffled at the title?

Comment

I'll put you out of your misery before game starts if nobody has got it by then. It's nothing too clever, to be fair.

Comment

I don't get it either -- I would have gone for "this one might be tight" given that SWE-UKR looks like "squeaker" if you squint.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
          0-0 and penalties is my prediction, but I look forward to being proved wrong.
          Well, there's got to be one absolute stinker of a game in this round. If it's not England, it's going to be this.

Comment

Don't think either game is likely to live up to yesterday's entertainment.

Comment

Ukraine are so poor that Sweden could score one early and sit back comfortably. We won't know if Sweden are any good until the QFs (and they've not had a good QF since 1994 (and before that, 1958) and never at a Euros (unless you count 1992 v ENG as a virtual QF, but Sweden only needed a draw in that one).

[EDIT: Actually the report on the game suggests that the second half v England in 1992 was the turning point in the rise of that Sweden team to a quality (cohesive and creative) side. :

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/n...oup-1/?iv=true

The same for Denmark in the other deciding group game:

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/n...oup-1/?iv=true]
              Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 29-06-2021, 13:49.

Comment

Will Ferrell checks in

https://youtu.be/qvL4AlBW-gw

Comment

ESPN!!! Steve Cangialosi!!!!

Voice if the devvvilllssss…….TTTHHHEEE DDDEEEVVVIILLLZZZZZZ……..EEEEEHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUHHHHHH !!!!!!!

Comment

ESPN are insulting these teams by giving them their shittest, cuntiest commentator.

Comment

There's an advert that says "Just Eat" which is very Billy the Fish.

Ukraine could have opened the scoring. But didn't obviously

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                        ESPN are insulting these teams by giving them their shittest, cuntiest commentator.
                        oh yeah? Well I don’t see the Rangers or Islanders commentators here.

DEVILS WIN AGAIN!!!!

Comment

Hampden looks empty.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                            I'll put you out of your misery before game starts if nobody has got it by then. It's nothing too clever, to be fair.
                            and...?

Comment

Apologies if this has been discussed in another thread that I've missed, but has there been some sort of diktat from upon high about teams wearing the same coloured shirts shorts and socks in this tournament? I can't remember a competition where there have been so many games where both teams have been in monochrome outfits.

Comment

Ukraine.

Comment

Well taken by Zinchenko that.

Comment

FINALLY SOME MOTHERFUCKER CAN HIT A KOTDAMN FIRST TIME VOLLEY OFF A CROSS

Comment

Nice goal

Comment

The monochrome kits are an increasing common (though not inevitable) interpretation of the kit regulations, encouraged by those looking to sell multiple shirts and shorts

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post

and...?

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                            I have turned the ipad back to mute

Comment

I can get behind Ukraine putting out the oligarchs' favourite playground

Comment

The scorer is probably their one class player?

Comment

Univision is available

Comment

Working...
                                                  X