Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heja Polen

Comment

I think Spain had already, before this round of games, created more chances than any other team in the tournament. They certainly have now. Weakest group though.

Comment

Daft game of football!

Comment

Sweden score at the death to win the group

Comment

oh fuck off

Comment

wait, hold on, Finland to knock out Sweden? sign me up

Comment

Sweden play Ukraine and Spain play Croatia, so both sides ought to be happy with their path to the QFs. Group E supplying two Q-Finalists is not something I'd have predicted a few days ago.

Comment

Portugal also through, bar the unlikely event of them now losing by four goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
                    Portugal also through, bar the unlikely event of them now losing by four goals.
                    Unless France and Hungary win, which would see Portugal finishing fourth.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                      If jameswba put any money on 5-0 I'd cash out now as I don't think Spain are finished, here.
                      I wish I had, though Spain could have scored any number really.

This performance was in line with much of what Slovakia produced pre-tournament. It was their first-half showing vs Poland that was the outlier. It will probably be the end of the line for at least four of that starting XI ; Pekarik, Hubocan, Kucka, Hamsik. All fine servants and one of Europe's best players of the last 10 years. But all in their mid-30s.

Other than Skriniar, the next generation (mid-late 20s age-group) resolutely refuses to string two competent performances together. I wouldn't expect to see Slovakia at a finals again any time soon.
                      Last edited by jameswba; 23-06-2021, 19:16.

Comment

I suppose this answers why Spain's odds didn't go out after the two draws.
                        Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 23-06-2021, 19:13.

Comment

But you've missed...

Dirty trick editing...
                          Last edited by Gangster Octopus; 23-06-2021, 20:32. Reason: I answered what he posted, not what he thought he had...

Comment

Laughing at Berg still complaining at Claesson for not passing the ball to him even after scoring the winning goal.

Comment

Working...
                            X