No announcement yet.

Uncorking the cava: Spain vs Slovakia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a good job that England won their group. A potential second round clash between England and Spain, which was on the cards, had the potential of being the most boring game in football history

Comment

Be nice if Slovakia could get out of their half.

Comment

Don’t know whether this is also the thread for the other match, but Poland have just missed a double-sitter against Sweden - who lead from a first-minute goal…

Comment

Spain are being more direct but cannot finish.

Comment

They would play Belgium if it did finish as a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

Proximity to the ball has never had anything to do with the award of a penalty (or the punishment of any foul), I've seen one correctly given when the ball was on the halfway line.

If the attacker really did deliberately manufacture that he almost deserves the penalty, I don't think he did though.
              I'm not sure they tried to manufacture it, but it's a hopeful attempt at the ball as they reach their leg around the Slovak, who is just attempting to clear the ball in a way that in no way impinges on the safety of the Spaniard (can you tell I've completely forgotten which two players were involved?).

Proximity to the ball may not count in all circumstances, but when there are two players making non-overly-aggressive attempts to play the ball, I think it should.

Comment

Hahahahahaha Dubravka what have you done?!

Comment

Missed penalty and own goal. Pretty standard for this tournament...

Comment

Oh dear.

Comment

Well, that was an absolute Arthur Fowler…

Comment

Spain do deserve it.

Comment

That own goal is just... there are no words.

Comment

I'd like Dubravka to do that for Newcastle sometime, purely for the sight of his manager trying to explain it.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
                              Good strong hands there keeper and Spain continue to amuse.
                              Used up all his strength back then?

Where's Max Bygreaves when you need him?

Comment

Duda fluffs it, even if offside!

Comment

Slovakia are behind Ukraine on goals scored in the 3rd place table. Going out along with Finland if I'm reading it right.

Comment

This match is hilarious. Busquets sliding in and taking two Slovakia players out now.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                      Slovakia are behind Ukraine on goals scored in the 3rd place table. Going out along with Finland if I'm reading it right.
                                      Unless France beat Portugal by 3 goals, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by lambers View Post
                                        That own goal is just... there are no words.
                                        I thought the Finnish keeper's slap in to the net wouldn't be topped but has been put in the shade now.

Comment

This is done, it seems.

Comment

2-0 now.

Comment

I'm going to switch to SWEPOL for the second half.

Comment

I'm not sure they tried to manufacture it, but it's a hopeful attempt at the ball as they reach their leg around the Slovak, who is just attempting to clear the ball in a way that in no way impinges on the safety of the Spaniard (can you tell I've completely forgotten which two players were involved?).

Proximity to the ball may not count in all circumstances, but when there are two players making non-overly-aggressive attempts to play the ball, I think it should.
                                                It was a penalty, that was clear from the first replay. The ref too only needed to review it once.

Comment

I'm going to switch to SWEPOL for the second half.
                                                  Me too.

Comment

Three for Spain.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X