X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAC v NED/UKR v AUS - Group C Deciders

Here we are then, no thread already?

Latest thread ever. Cliffhanger.

Austria and Ukraine both finish above Switzerland with a draw, right? So ...

Comment

Started quite open between Ukraine and Austria.

Comment

Spent the afternoon trying to come up with a thread title with a "C is for..." theme but couldn't come up with anything.

Anyway, Shevchenko definitely the coolest looking manager so far. Beats Luis Enrique's cooling box pensive look.

Comment

Isn't the TLA for Austria AUT? That would would make it it UKRAUT though which would cause upset in all sorts of ways

Comment

Gooooooaaaal. Finally Austria get on the end of one of their corners.

Comment

Had to pick up Mrs Thistle so swapped Radio 5 in the car for UKRAUT on ITV4 just in time to see the goal.
              Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 21-06-2021, 16:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                Isn't the TLA for Austria AUT?
                Probably, AUS didn't look right but I was in a rush.

It's not an acronym though, it's not formed from initial letters pronounced as a word.

Comment

A fine counterattack by Oranje leads to a Memphis goal. Blind tackle on Pandev, Memphis runs for 50 metres, passes to Malen, Malen passes it back, boom 1-0. VAR checking it as the tackle was a bit of a reducer.

Comment

Ukraine look very poor, a bottom 8 side (would have finished bottom of some other groups). Austria might get 3 or 4 before they shut up shop.

Comment

Ukraine seem really toothless going forward.

Comment

Goal stands. It should possibly be 1-1 since Macedonia had a goal disallowed for being offside by about 2 cm, although the linesman flagged it rather than pure VAR pedantry.

Comment

Considering the Dutch are already guaranteed first in the group, I'm surprised that they are playing so many first teamers, I guess they just want momentum?

Paying off though, 1-0 up.

Comment

"Ukraine goals really knock me out" but I don't think it will happen here.

Comment

Ha. Was Tyldesley fooled by the action replay there?

Comment

Harvey Keitel coaching Austria?

Comment

Baumgartner off with what looks like concussion. I didn't see the injury and he's scored a goal since then.

Comment

Now Arnautivic takes an elbow to the head.

Comment

Austria about to take their 8th corner

Comment

Great counterattack, terrible finishing there

Comment

Originally posted by lambers View Post
                                          Considering the Dutch are already guaranteed first in the group, I'm surprised that they are playing so many first teamers, I guess they just want momentum?

Paying off though, 1-0 up.
                                          Might not look quite so clever if Makedonia start giving back some of the tackles they've been receiving...

Comment

Austria should have wrapped this up already.

Comment

3 really good chances missed. Arnautivic needs to put on his shooting boots.

Comment

Many teams have been very profligate this tournament. It will start to get teams eliminated in the KO stages (Spain and Netherlands spring to mind).

Austria beating Italy is hard to imagine. Are tickets on sale for it?

Comment

Ooh... half time highlights.

North Macedonia unlucky there with a very tight offside (that probably was) and hitting the post before going a goal down.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X