No announcement yet.

Germany Hungary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm watching Germany v Hungary but welcome this being a joint thread because it's helpful to know what's going on in the other game.

Comment

German commentators saying this is the first competitive game between Germany and Hungary since the 1954 final. How did that happen?

Comment

Any particular reason they don't care about covid-19 in Hungary? It is not like they are less affected than other countries.

Why do they allow that many spectators?
        Last edited by Belhaven; 23-06-2021, 19:01.

Comment

Leroy Sanč looks like Crabman out of My Name is Earl.

Comment

Pepe looking more and more like one of the Salamanca family on Better Call Saul.

Comment

It's proper pissing down there

Comment

Of these four teams, only Portugal are playing in the correct kit. The French all-white has a certain something because of those tricolore stripes on the sides. The less said about the monochrome nightmare in München, the better.

Comment

Germany all in black and Hungary all in white. They should both be expelled for that already.

Comment

I didn't realise Robbie Savage was on co-commentator duty. Already had a comparison to Wales...

Comment

Just got out of a company virtual tour of the main gay neighborhood in Berlin, given by a very affable man from Belfast, who noted that his husband was down in Munich giving a speech outside the arena before the game. Good to see some rainbow flags in the German support and hopefully Orban's black shirts go home unhappy and wet.

Comment

I just presumed Germany decided to wear black to troll the Hungary ultras

Comment

Originally posted by Belhaven View Post
                          Any particular reason they don't care about covid-19 in Hungary? It is not like they are less affected than other countries.

Why do they allow that many spectators?
                          Because it's a totalitarian state and the head of it wanted to give a Fuck You to the rest of Europe.

Comment

I've got an almost working version of Portugal France. Who would the Hungarians rather win?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                              I'm watching Germany v Hungary but welcome this being a joint thread because it's helpful to know what's going on in the other game.
                              Thirded.

Comment

Originally posted by Alderman Barnes View Post
                                Germany all in black and Hungary all in white. They should both be expelled for that already.
                                The German kit is lush, mind.

There is a completely blacked out version of it (names and numbers too) but they're not allowed to wear it in the tournament for obvious reasons.
                                Last edited by Ray de Galles; 23-06-2021, 19:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

Because it's a totalitarian state and the head of it wanted to give a Fuck You to the rest of Europe.
                                  That was my initial reaction, but seriously, is that the reason?

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                    I've got an almost working version of Portugal France. Who would the Hungarians rather win?
                                    If both France and Hungary win, Hungary finish second to set up a bout with England.

Comment

Hungary targeting Kimmich. He's been kicked twice already.

Comment

Lovely finish!

Comment

Regrettably that was a very good goal

Comment

Cat's among the pigeons now.

Comment

Originally posted by Belhaven View Post

That was my initial reaction, but seriously, is that the reason?
                                              Pretty much, here are the workings.

Not sure I trust the figures or the efficacy of the vaccine campaign and I believe Hungary's overall Covid death rates have been very high.

Comment

Two Bundesliga players made the goal (Derek Rae notes)

Comment

This is the Portugal v France thread huh?

Comment

It's both, yes.

I swear that I posted "Cat's among the pigeons now" a minute before Derek Rae said that exact phrase.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X