Teşekkür ederim Türkiye

Comment

Turkish song of the Damned

Not, not, not

Comment

Ps congrats to an impressive Wales

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarre Löw Triangle View Post
            Can't remember celebrating a loss like that before...
            Zenica was the comparison we made out here.

Comment

https://twitter.com/itvfootball/status/1406690836394434576?s=19

I presume he's a Beşiktaş fan, shirt number 19, name Covid. Still got a sense of humour after all that.

Comment

BTW has anyone seen a more chaotically disastrous singing of a national anthem by a football team than the italians today? It was the musical equivalent of a train derailment.

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post

The only Irish country name I can think of longer than its equivalent would be "An Phortaingéal".
                  "An Bhreatain Bheag" is a bit of a mouthful. Do all countries in Irish have the definite article?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisJ View Post
                    Mostly happy with that but shame Ampadu will be suspended for the next game. Can't see why it'd get queried really - late stamp on the ankle. Don't know WTF he was doing. Have to remember how young he is I suppose.

At the moment I'd give Wales at least an even shot against any likely opponent in the R16.
                    Denmark played really well against Belgium but it would be asking a lot of them in the circumstances to maintain that level. Russia are certainly beatable and Finland very average, although there's a very small chance they might beat a Belgium reserve XI playing in 3rd gear and top the group.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

Zenica was the comparison we made out here.
                      The difference with Zenica is it was a disappointing result that didn't matter rather than losing when we needed to not lose heavily.

Comment

The difference with Zenica is it was a disappointing result that didn't matter rather than losing when we needed to not lose heavily.
                        The two games felt very similar both in the stadia and during the post-match celebrations.

A mildly disappointing result but great outcome because what happened in a simultaneous game didn't punish us for it.

Need to work out if Amsterdam is doable from tomorrow but happy enough to bask in the afterglow of today's match right now.

Comment

Ray de Galles Lots of talk here of covid restrictions limiting travel. You might be better off going straight there from Italy.

Comment

Hopefully Shaquiri's double will be enough to merit an appearance in BDG's cartoon this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                              Ray de Galles Lots of talk here of covid restrictions limiting travel. You might be better off going straight there from Italy.
                              Yeah, that has always been a possibility but I need to return home for a few days at least. If I can't get out to Amsterdam then c'est la vie, I wanted to ensure I saw us at least once in this tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                BTW has anyone seen a more chaotically disastrous singing of a national anthem by a football team than the italians today? It was the musical equivalent of a train derailment.
                                Funnily enough Ms F quipped during the Welsh anthem 'ah the lovely sound of a male voice choir'

Comment

"An Bhreatain Bheag" is a bit of a mouthful. Do all countries in Irish have the definite article?
                                  Apart from Éireann, Albain, Sasana, and Ceanada, oddly enough - other than that, yes, they all generally have "An" before them.

Comment

Has anyone actually commented on the quality of the goals in the "other" game? You be hard-pushed to name a game, in which more than a goal or two was scored, where the average quality of the goals was so high.

Comment

The goals all looked spectacular when they cut away to them, but I haven't seen them all full screen.

Comment

If you've got a large-screened device to hand: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/57547848

Comment

The Wales merch I got from yesterday's game reminds me strongly of The Simpsons episode 'Cape Feare' where Homer joined the Witness Relocation Programme.

Comment

I can't help thinking they the celebratory Dark Chocolate, Coffee and Blueberry gelato I got outside the ground may have been the wiser purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                              The Wales merch I got from yesterday's game reminds me strongly of The Simpsons episode 'Cape Feare' where Homer joined the Witness Relocation Programme.
                                              Remember now, your name is Ray du Halls.

Comment

Working...
                                              X