Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off the butt of the post!

Comment

Hartson seemed to think that because it was not a leg breaker, but merely an ankle breaker, it was OK

Comment

Italy are very ordinary in the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
          Hartson seemed to think that because it was not a leg breaker, but merely an ankle breaker, it was OK
          He did try to kick Eyal Berkovic's face off in training once, so he might not be the best judge of these things.

Comment

He succeeded as I remember.

Comment

Looks like Wales are safe enough now to meet the Group B runners-up.

Comment

That'll do.

Comment

Can't remember celebrating a loss like that before...

Comment

Well that was stressful. Good result. I'd have taken that from the off. Can't really argue with the red card - was a silly stamp. And Ethan becomes the youngest player sent off in a Euros.

Runners up in the group. Better than I'd hoped.

Comment

I'm sure that Danny Ward is well remunerated for sitting on the Leicester bench but he has been so impressive in the three games that someone may want to employ him and expect him to play in league games.

Comment

I'd like Switzerland to miss out on qualification now, purely because it's going to be a right ballache trying to fit their name into the available space on the WSC wallchart.

Comment

Wales' path in the draw means they wouldn't have to meet another team as good as Italy until the semis at the earliest.

Comment

Switzerland could have had six or seven. Turkey were that bad, waving them through in midfield.

Comment

longeared Always go ISO Alpha-3 in that situation.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                I'd like Switzerland to miss out on qualification now, purely because it's going to be a right ballache trying to fit their name into the available space on the WSC wallchart.
                                I've just written Switz.

Comment

Watching that Bale miss again. Kinell that was close.

Comment

I'm not sure that was a red card. He basically stands on his foot. That happens a lot and you rarely see anything other than a yellow. If you're going to give red cards for that then do it across the board

Comment

It's high on the foot, but not shin height, which would have been inexcusable. But UEFA have told refs to clamp down on 'that sort of tackle'.

Mancini looking incredibly cool, as if he's just about to jump into his Alfa cabriolet and head off to an exclusive resort.

Comment

If I've used the predictor right, Wales could play 2 days earlier than Switzerland (Bucharest, June 29). Though of course Wales know when and where and Switzerland won't.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post

Doing the Golwg wallchart so "Swistir" is fairly managable. "Yr Iseldiroedd" however, can fuck off.

Comment

Just pretty happy we can watch the next round of matches as interested spectators rather than with our permutation spreadsheets open.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarre Löw Triangle View Post
                                              Just pretty happy we can watch the next round of matches as interested spectators rather than with our permutation spreadsheets open.
                                              Absolutely 100% agree with this

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarre Löw Triangle View Post

Doing the Golwg wallchart so "Swistir" is fairly managable. "Yr Iseldiroedd" however, can fuck off.
                                                The only Irish country name I can think of longer than its equivalent would be "An Phortaingéal".

Comment

Let's look at the positives. Firstly, we are through again. Secondly, Italy's* worst result in 8 months. Thirdly, Ampadu isn't in our starting 11 nor were any of the other yellow cards...apart from Allen...erm...struggling here.

From a negative point of view, I just can't see why we were kicking them up the arse so much - it's not our game and we could have lost 1-0 very easily without it, possibly** drew. Ampadu's red did seem harsh mainly because there was a similar foul in the first half which didn't get a red (possibly not even a yellow). We lost possession way too much and our tracking of runs in the dead ball situations was appalling.

However, fuck it, a great result in the circumstances and I actually laughed when I found myself trying to work out the easiest passage to the quarter finals. Imagine such a thing.

* My tournament favourites presently. However, Portugal being useless means that they should be.

** that 'possibly' is doing a lot of heavy lifting there.

Comment

Mostly happy with that but shame Ampadu will be suspended for the next game. Can't see why it'd get queried really - late stamp on the ankle. Don't know WTF he was doing. Have to remember how young he is I suppose.

At the moment I'd give Wales at least an even shot against any likely opponent in the R16.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X