No announcement yet.

There are other games today (1); Sweden v Slovakia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We already had that in the last Sweden game. Do better.

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
      Very much so, particularly Isak, who has had a wicked game.
      Nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by S. aureus View Post
        We already had that in the last Sweden game. Do better.
        I didn't get it then, and I don't now.

Comment

Comment

Jesus, this game sounds like it was terrible.

Danny Murphy is not a great commentator and when he's a studio guest I can never really get over the resemblance to one of the orcs from Lord of the Rings.

Comment

Originally posted by S. aureus View Post
              Thanks, but I'm not going to watch it, because I want to not get it the next time as well.

Comment

A Spain win tomorrow puts Poland out. Unfortunately, the last group games will then lack incentive for anyone to go for a win.

Comment

Second half was okay - Sweden decided it would be nice to venture forward at last and created several good chances. Isak had a good game again, but needs to learn not to be so greedy - I'm sure his more experienced team-mates will have a word.

Comment

Ronaldo became the first player to play in five Euros, but Ibrahimovic would have achieved the same except that he is injured at the moment.

Sweden has been to six Euros in a row. Not a bad return, considering that their squad is far from world beating.

Comment

Crikey, Sweden hosting was eight Euros ago.

Comment

Seven, surely?

(I mean, it’s still too many, obviously...)

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                          Who's the lass? Not her fault but her accent is really grating. Murphy is predictably awful.

Vicky Sparks, possibly. I wasn't really paying much attention to the game.

Comment

I'm in a minority of one (bar Swedes) on the planet, it seems, as I didn't find it unwatchable at all. First quarter was cagey, but once Slovakia realized they could attack and not just counter, they played some decent football. No finisher though. Sweden were much more positive in the second half, and though it wasn't exactly end to end thrills, there should have been goals before the pen.

Dubravka should have dived forward and taken a boot on the noggin, like we were told to do in the mud back in the dark ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Vicky Sparks, possibly. I wasn't really paying much attention to the game.
                              Cheers NS but definitely not Vicki Sparks, it was kind of a posh home counties accent. I think maybe it was Robyn Cowen

Comment

I didn't mind the BBC commentator for this. I think you've got to give them the benefit of the doubt for it being such a bad game.

UA, I've always assumed with the 'problem' of radio commentary and delays has been effectively solved now by the wide availability of pausable TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post

Cheers NS but definitely not Vicki Sparks, it was kind of a posh home counties accent. I think maybe it was Robyn Cowen

You're absolutely right. Just checked the BBC website and it was indeed Cowen.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                    Seven, surely?

(I mean, it’s still too many, obviously...)
                                    No Euro 96

Comment

Sweden are the definition of a side that's been making up the numbers in these tournaments for 20 years. In their last 5 Euros they got out of the group once, in 2004, and only won 3 games (never more than one per tournament). OTOH they failed to qualify for the finals at all in 1964-88 and 1996, having not entered in 1960.

Comment

Working...
                                      X