There are other games today (1); Sweden v Slovakia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are other games today (1); Sweden v Slovakia

Looking forward to this one, if only because of Alexander Isak who I'll admit I'd never heard of until the Spain game. Both teams got better than expected starts to Group E, so a win for either will certainly book their spot in the last 16 (and a draw may not be too bad dependent on which Poland turn up against Spain).

Sweden might actually get a touch of the ball here and there today, unlike against Spain ...

Comment

Slovakia's preparations have been disrupted by a positive Covid test for Denis Vavro ; the team's coach-driver in St Petersburg has also tested positive, so the inference is that's how Vavro picked it up. There's an even bigger need for Milan Skriniar and central defensive sidekick Lubomir Satka to stay fit now. Vavro is asymptomatic thus far.

Comment

Match 2 on the list of games that I should be attending in Dublin. Luckily St Petersburg is entirely COVID free....

Comment

Late lunch so watching the kick off. I like the studio pundit line up- Gabby, Ashley Williams, Alex Scott and Micah Richards. I'd prefer that to most of the potential BBC line ups tbh.

Comment

"Good afternoon to Danny Murphy" weren't the words I wanted to hear.

Comment

And Gabby made a joke about CrumpetCam

Comment

36 seconds must be a record for first back heel in a game.

Comment

Not been the most exciting opening 20 minutes. I need to go and do some work.

Comment

This game isn't getting any better.

Comment

What are UK viewers' options in terms of commentary?

"We" always have a Spanish language alternative, which is often welcome, and could do more with Internet radio if one is willing to abide the delay.

Comment

Are Sweden playing for three draws here, hoping Spain get 6 points from their other opponents? I suppose the order of games favours that because they'll know beforehand if they need to beat Poland or can defend a 0-0.

Comment

I am doing the hoovering to delay sitting down for the second half. Dullest game so far.

Comment

Just debating whether I leave the game on or pause it and just pick out any worthwhile moments later on.

Was there actually a highlight in the first-half?

Comment

Just before kick-off, work phone rang and had to log into a crisis call which is still rumbling on. Quickly looked on here so doesn't look like I've exactly missed too much.

Comment

The early games are a 9pm kick off where I am, so they're the only games i watch live. I've been listening to the 5 Live commentary on catch up for the other games and it's been a good listen.

For a game like this one, you need a commentary team that'll make you not want to switch off. Danny Murphy is not the man for a game like this. Thankfully i've realised i can watch it on the BBC Sport website but with the 5 Live commentary.

Comment

Has there been a meaningful shot on goal in this game?

I hope Slovakia nick it, because Sweden have shown zero appetite here.

(Edit: Two very fine saves since I posted the above.)
                                  Last edited by Jah Womble; 18-06-2021, 14:15.

Comment

Oooooh, a save. Though it was offside anyway.

Comment

And another cracking one at the other end.

Comment

I watch all the BBC matches with the Radio 5 commentary.

Comment

Penalty Sweden.

Comment

Scored.

Comment

Originally posted by CY_Boaby View Post
                                              For a game like this one, you need a commentary team that'll make you not want to switch off. Danny Murphy is not the man for a game like this. Thankfully i've realised i can watch it on the BBC Sport website but with the 5 Live commentary.
                                              Yeah the commentary on this is hard work, bizarre bit of filler earlier where they had nothing to say and were chatting about what games they were each going to next like they were talking about their holidays

Who's the lass? Not her fault but her accent is really grating. Murphy is predictably awful.

Comment

Sweden much improved over the past twenty minutes.

Comment

Very much so, particularly Isak, who has had a wicked game.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X