Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much more are UK TV going to show Scot v Eng 96 in the lead-up to tomorrow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much more are UK TV going to show Scot v Eng 96 in the lead-up to tomorrow...

...and that effin' Gascoigne goal?

Well it's one of the few games that had a decent crowd when football 'came home'

Comment

The BBC only mention old Scotland games when they are losses to England, just as in the future the only goal from a Scotland game you'll ever see is that Schick one.

Comment

I just find it wierd that Croatia - Cech Republic is being played at Hampden while the host country are playing away in a different country.

Maybe a shame for any Czech or Croatian fans who manage to get to Glasgow as I'm sure the atmosphere around their game will be wierd.

I suppose they can pile into the pubs afterwards and have a good time with Scottish fans watching the England game.
        Last edited by Logan Mountstuart; 17-06-2021, 21:13. Reason: Caps lock

Comment

How weird must 1966 games have been in the grounds on England match days when 4 were played simultaneously?

Comment

The fun bit tonight was seeing the pundits including a very young Ruud Gullit, and the late Jimmy Hill being his usual dickish self.

Comment

ITV4 are showing it in full tomorrow morning, ITV mentioned it on their commentary today.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
                ITV4 are showing it in full tomorrow morning, ITV mentioned it on their commentary today.
                Does that mean both sides had it live, then?

Comment

Well, until 25 years ago, the fixture would’ve prompted footage of drunken Scots wrecking the Wembley pitch and goals in 1977.

The Gazza goal may be overplayed, but at least it constitutes a moment of great skill.

Comment

The BBC News website now:

Comment

I'd love them to show England 2-3 Scotland, 1967.

Comment

Well that's the thing, despite being a football obsessive, I've never seen it on an actual tv broadcast

Comment

I hope all of the Scottish fans who have travelled down to London have got places to stay. The weather is going to be appalling today (and it was pretty lousy yesterday), with intermittent torrential downpours forecast.

If anyone is planning a 24-hour bender on the hoof, they're going to be an even soggier mess at the end of it than they might have originally imagined.

Comment

If we're digging into the archives, this is good material for the historians, from 50 years ago:

A few names in Scotland's line up that I struggle to recall. Plus, fast forward to the end for some old school shirt swapping action, and a panel featuring Malcolm Allison on early Zoom.

Comment

I stopped watching the Premier League many years ago, so I have only heard about a few of the players in that squad, but I understand that this Engand team has several likable players that might not even vote Tory.

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post

Does that mean both sides had it live, then?
                                I'm guessing ITV did full match commentary at the time for the highlights (and maybe even did a full re-run of it that night). If it doesn't clash with the NRL game I'll maybe have a look to see what sort of quality it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Belhaven View Post
                                  I stopped watching the Premier League many years ago, so I have only heard about a few of the players in that squad, but I understand that this Engand team has several likable players that might not even vote Tory.

After his performance against Croatia, I've seen a few interviews with Kalvin Phillips. He's an incredibly gentle soul, with nothing like the personality I thought he'd have, (based mainly on his hairstyle, admittedly).

Comment

Originally posted by wingco View Post
                                    I'd love them to show England 2-3 Scotland, 1967.
                                    Drink it in lads, drink it in...
                                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSfA7xxBM3w

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                      Well, until 25 years ago, the fixture would’ve prompted footage of drunken Scots wrecking the Wembley pitch and goals in 1977.

The Gazza goal may be overplayed, but at least it constitutes a moment of great skill.
                                      BBC News last night showed both Gazza and the crossbar incident along what I think was a coin toss featuring Billy Bremner and Bobby Moore.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                                        If we're digging into the archives, this is good material for the historians, from 50 years ago:
                                        That was the first live match between England and Scotland I can recall watching.

Big Chiv in his pomp.

Comment

I was at the match for Gazzagoal. At the time I didn't think it was that special, and nor did those around me - we were more "Yes - a goal!" than "What a goal!". Must have had the wrong angle on it.

Comment

Just watching the build-up on ITV4 now. Impressive how much booing of the respective anthems there was, from both sides.

Comment

I just watched the highlights from the Euro 2000 Qualifier Playoffs - I remember little besides Scholes scoring twice for England. Sol Campbell operating as quite a useful right back?

Comment

German media are all over this too, trotting out every cliché and misconception they can hack into their keyboards. Oldest game, auldest enemy, passion, rivalry blah blah bollocks. Trying not to think about it. I'll tune in at 8.59pm with my usual low expectations and be happy when it's all over.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
                                                  I just watched the highlights from the Euro 2000 Qualifier Playoffs - I remember little besides Scholes scoring twice for England. Sol Campbell operating as quite a useful right back?

I went to the Wembley game.

What a treat that was.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X