Denmark v Belgium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denmark v Belgium

I am apprehensive about this game. A sense of unreality, and criminally inhumane officialdom, hangs over the group.

Woohoo. Come on Denmark!

Comment

A very un-Belgian-like error sees Denmark take a very early lead - a goal which they appear to be dedicating to Christian Eriksen.

Comment

My Viking Grandma would have been cheering them on so I'm all Denmark in this one.

Comment

I think it's Belgium who've said they will try and pause the game in the tenth minute, if they have the ball. I wonder if that still applies now they're 1-0 down.

Comment

I think if they've said they'll do it and then don't do it they will look really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
              A very un-Belgian-like error sees Denmark take a very early lead - a goal which they appear to be dedicating to Christian Eriksen.
              A very Denayer error though.

This game looks to be at full capacity and I'm sure the previous one in Copenhagen wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                I think it's Belgium who've said they will try and pause the game in the tenth minute, if they have the ball. I wonder if that still applies now they're 1-0 down.
                hate stuff like this, if it's appropriate to play football just get on with the football. if you want to do something do it before the game otherwise if you want to pay tribute to him send him a card and a bunch of grapes.

Comment

There's your answer

Comment

That was actually quite a nice gesture.

Comment

Denmark getting all the chances here

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

This game looks to be at full capacity and I'm sure the previous one in Copenhagen wasn't.
                        Answering my own question, from another forum :

"First game was 15,900 but the rule had changed to allow 25,000. However logistics for first game set before change and therefore didnt have time to amend. Normal capacity 38,000."

Comment

Just got in from work, and for about two minutes I thought that Belgium were in red. It was only when Schmeichel got the ball that I realised

Comment

Ally McCoist is a good co-commentator but every time he says Clive's name it makes me think of various pisstakey posts on here.

Comment

Belgium seem vulnerable to teams that can press and/or have fast wing backs. Can Martinez make the necessary adjustments? Can Denmark maintain this energy?

Comment

I should say that the Danish kit is absolutely lush.

Comment

Belgium definitely defending like a team coached by Roberto Martinez here.

Comment

Can’t help feeling that Denmark need to bag that second, however.

Comment

Yeah. I'm getting deja vu.

Comment

Belgium haven't played with a tactical plan in over a decade.

Comment

Why does Ally f***ing McCoist have to say “Clive” virtually every time he speaks. Who else might he be talking to. Does my head in.

Comment

Feels like they're playing Lukaku V

Comment

Originally posted by DPDPDPDP View Post
                                              Why does Ally f***ing McCoist have to say “Clive” virtually every time he speaks. Who else might he be talking to. Does my head in.
                                              I wonder if it's because he thinks Clive isn't listening to him so he keeps mentioning his name to get his attention.

Comment

I know it's the fashion and someone has probably done a tactical breakdown to show its the thing you should do, but playing it out from so far back is killing Belgium here. They've barely got it out of their own half at goal kicks.

Comment

Dutch telly:

Studio: "Frank (the commentator), how full is the stadium there, because it seems much fuller than the 25,000 that are allowed"
                                                  Commentator: "I think people may have moved down to the lower seats so it just appears fuller on TV"
                                                  Studio: "Ah right, good that we have you there, that you can tell us about this."
                                                  Commentator: "I see the same pictures you see, because I'm in Hilversum"

Comment

Working...
                                                  X