No announcement yet.

Ukraine v North Macedonia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clattenburg said the penalty decision was incorrect - player defending his face.

Comment

That's twice he and Peter Walton have disagreed then.

Comment

North Mac are eliminated if Austria don't beat Netherlands (who are the only team NM can overhaul on H2H).

Comment

Originally posted by Artificial Hipster View Post
          That's twice he and Peter Walton have disagreed then.
          What's Walton's reasoning and what was the other case?

Comment

That any raised hand is in an unnatural position.

I'm trying to remember the other one. Yesterday I think, someone on here commented that Clattenberg thought a pen was either correctly or incorrectly given while on ITV Walton had opined the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
              Clattenburg said the penalty decision was incorrect - player defending his face.
              Manuel Gräfe on German TV says it was (correctly, in my view). Christoph Kramer tries to defend it from a player's point of view, calling it reflexive, but there's nothing reflexive about jumping to block the ball and lifting your arms at the same time. You can always jump and turn your back on the ball.

Comment

My reflex would be to thump the bloke who kicked the ball in my face. Which would probably be a penalty as well in this snowflake era.

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
                  No VAR intervention on encroachment. Interesting.
                  Isn't the rule that it's only given as encroachment if the encroaching forward scores or encroaching defender clears? Or was that just a proposal?

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                    My reflex would be to thump the bloke who kicked the ball in my face. Which would probably be a penalty as well in this snowflake era.
                    If it were inside the area, I’d imagine that that would have seen a penalty against you at any time in football history.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

Isn't the rule that it's only given as encroachment if the encroaching forward scores or encroaching defender clears? Or was that just a proposal?
                      As far as I could see, players from both teams encroached, which means a re-take regardless of whether or not the penalty was scored. Although in reality this is rarely if ever enforced. Just seems odd that VAR plays no role in this given that it interferes everyfuckingwhere else.

Comment

It only seems to count if you go on to effect what happens in the pl anyway
                        For all the latest Premier League information including news and stats, visit the official website of the Premier League.

Comment

North Macedonia can hold their heads high despite those two defeats. They've played some really good football at times. And definitely have the best shirts in the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                            It only seems to count if you go on to effect what happens in the pl anyway
                            That makes sense, especially with regard to VAR. It should be written into the laws of the game, though. If I answered 'play on' in one of my balls-busting refereeing exams I'd get marked down, even though it's what every ref does in reality.

Comment

Working...
                            X